MS Client for Netware cannot map drive to NW 5.1 server

I am stuck, and dont know if this right forum.

I have a NW 5.1 server with sp 6, we are still using IP and IPX

The MS client can map to all other 5.1 server fine, but this one
particular server it cannot find it.

I know MS client only uses IPX but stuck on what it could be.

It is an XP pro machine with SP2, firewall turned off.

mikeher

For better support in this forum, I suggest installing Novell Client
on that machine. We don't use the Microsoft Client so trying to duplicate
your problem is very hard.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

What is odd does not seem to effect every workstation.  Only certain ones
and they are all on XP SP2, i cannot figure out why some work and some
dont

> For better support in this forum, I suggest installing Novell Client
> on that machine. We don't use the Microsoft Client so trying to
duplicate
> your problem is very hard.
>

> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
tannor102
3/17/2005 1:21:49 PM
tannor102@yahoo.com wrote:

> What is odd does not seem to effect every workstation.  Only certain
> ones and they are all on XP SP2, i cannot figure out why some work
> and some dont

Please post the IPXROUTE CONFIG output from this troubled workstation
and CONFIG output (not LOAD CONFIG) from the server.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0
Edison

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

Can't Map a Drive for a NetWare 5.1 Server in Windows 2000
Hello. I have a Windows 2000 Server machine that networks to two other servers, one running NetWare 3.12 and the other NetWare 5.1. Both NetWare servers appear in the Windows 2000 Server machine's list of NetWare Servers. On the Windows 2000 Server machine, I can map drives for the NetWare 3.12 machine, but not for the NetWare 5.1 machine. I'm not sure why I can't do this. Any thoughts? Do I perhaps need an updated NetWare client (on the Windows 2000 Server machine) to achieve this? Thank you. Ron Sochanski What version of Novell Client are you using...

Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)
Good Afternoon - I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1 (about to be decommissioned) server. I configured a new NetWare 6.5 server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the new box. Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just copy the resource directory where all drivers reside? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-) Dariusz -- dariusz71 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server an...

Remove of Netware 5.1 server from Netware 6.5 network fail
Hi, We have a NW-network consisting af several netware 6.5 servers. We have one Netware 5.1 server and it's time has run out! It's only purpose in the last year was beeing a splda. Now slp is moved to another server. I have removed all replicas on the server. When I: Nwconfig->Directory service->Remove... etc. after accepting I really want to do it it, the server starts consuming Cache Buffers and it does it until there is none left. Then it gives me either: "Install more memory". or "-625 nwconfig-5-463" which is at communication failure. ...

Migrating DHCP from NetWare 5.1 to Netware 6.5 OES server
Yes...we still have some legacy NetWare 5.1 servers in production. Hard not to admire servers that haven't been rebooted in years :) That said - we're migrating and consolidating these remaining "vintage" NetWare boxes to virtual 6.5 OES servers. Is there a TID or defined procedure for performing this migration? Just one tree. The legacy 5.1 servers are on a subnet (VLAN) that we're abandoning - with the virtual servers being on a new VLAN. With multiple VLANs - we're using a dhcp helper in our core switch configuration - so we'll have to update ...

Replacing SAN attached NetWare 5.1 server with NetWare 6.5
I currrently have a NetWare 5.1 SP7 server with 0.5TB data connected to a SAN. I wish to replace this server with a new server. Can I leave the data on the SAN, disconnect and shutdown the existing server and install the NetWare 6.5 server connect it to the SAN and have it pick up the existing NSS volumes? Obviously if this were possible I would need to perform a NSS upgrade. Any thoughts? Cheers, Dave Why disconnect it? -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Netware 5 to Netware 5.1
I have an old copy of Netware 5 that I would try out and install on a spare computer. However, how would I go about upgrading to Netware 5.1? Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I can download? , > Would this be something I would have to purchase, or is it something I > can download? > Purchase. An upgrade,and I suggest 6.5 in that case. SBS version if you have less than 50 users. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially...

Web resources about - MS Client for Netware cannot map drive to NW 5.1 server - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ