MS Client comes up before Netware client login

MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client.
Any ideals?

0
Tonyo955

Do any of these TIDs help?

Timothy Leerhoff
Novell Support Forum Sysop
0
Timothy

Netware client not seeing new NW6 tree in login client
Hi everyone. I have a small tech lab, and had two NW servers running merely for training purposes. A 5.1 box and 6 box. Both ran fine and saw each other, etc.... I downed the 5.1 box and wiped the 6 box with a fresh install. All went well, created new NDS tree.....now on the client XP and 2KPRO, the netware client login app cannot find the new NDS tree on the freshly installed NW6 box, and the windows login fails too, all I can do is log in locally to the work station. What did I miss here? I checked the properties of the client app, wiped out any set preferences for the...

Netware Client on MS Windows XP X64
I have a new AMD Athlon 64 Processor PC with MS Windows X64 edition installed on a nVidia nForce4 chipset motherboard. The machine seems to be operating properly in the network and I can browse the internet through a router. I have installed the NetWare client 4.91. The client does not load properly, in the files do not seem to be where the program expects them to be, and therefore the client fails to load on startup. Is there a work around? Is there a Win XP X64 version of the NetWare client? What are my options other than installing Win 32? Thank you for your time and ass...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

BM38 VPN Client to site can not login to the netware client without speficing a server to log into
using the Novell client 4.90.0.0 SP1a NMAS BM38 VPN Client BM3xvpn9 The VPN portion connects to the BM Server and Internal IP Addresses can be pinged, even an application on a privite side Windows server that does not require authinication can be run. There are entries for each privie side Netware 6.5 server in the client's HOST file. In the client to site VPN Setup Under the DNS/SLP tab there are enties for Privite side DNS Servers and a server running the SLPDA, I assume that servers just running SLP are not listed. The problem is the netware client can not see the...

Netware Client Login
I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded on a workstation. The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the network and brongs the login screen to the desktop. But when login is attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears. Manual entry of the proper path does no good. What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem? Setup DHCP to hand out the IP-Numbers of a server that holds Replica of your Users, and setup the Client under DHCP Settings to use server with binary data. Quick check......

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

ZCM login fails
I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649 eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws xp and eDir. Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect." I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID 3273870 - no success - I just cannot logi...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

After Netware client update GW6 client slow
I may not have the correct group, but I will start here. Recently started upgrading Netware clients on machines from 4.83sp2 to 4.90sp1a. All seems good until starting Groupwise client 6.0.2. We connect client- server only for gw client. But it's taking GW much longer to connect to the server than before. I have both ip and ipx loaded on the server. With the client upgrade, I removed ipx and installed ip only. I have re-added nwlink and no change. I may try updated ip stack on server, but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue with nw client 4.90. ...

Microsoft Netware client with Netware 6.5?
Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a Netware 6.5 system? I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get network errors. I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if Netware 6.5 still supports it? Thanks Andrew ajfarmer@purac.co.uk wrote: > Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a > Netware 6.5 system? > I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get > network errors. > I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if N...

Web resources about - MS Client comes up before Netware client login - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ