Maximum number of connection reached

Customer has the following setup: Netware 4.11 server, 6 x Windows XP Pro
client, 2 x Windows 98 client.

Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP
machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the
error:  "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to
logout"

At this moment theres still one XP machine that log's on correctly, the
other 5 have the problem.

Nothing changed, no new users, no new computers, nothing to exceed the
installed licenses. It doesnt make a difference if theres noone else
logged in, and if a user that has been denied acces on the XP machines go
to a w98 machine, they can log in without a problem.

The server shows the active connections being lower than the amount of
installed licenses so there should be no problem there either.

Tried the following:

- Deleted all user accounts and made new ones
- Tried several older and the latest XP clients
- Restored the XP machines to a date where they would still work, didnt
help.
- Tried different NIC's and NIC drivers.

d.jansen@verdelpcs.nl wrote:

> Has worked flawlessly for over a year, till recently the Windows XP
> machines one after the other stopped logging in and giving the
> error:  "Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to
> logout"

I actually don't think that's a message related to Netware at all. Are
they using file&print sharing on Windows too? This rather sounds like a
error given by windows, as XP is limited to 10 connections.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
d.jansen@verdelpcs.nl wrote:

> Maximum number of connection reached, wait for another user to
> logout

From the Netware system console type VERSION

Down at the bottom, under Installed Licenses, how many license
Connections are shown?

Screwtape
6/3/2006 2:00:18 PM
And XP Home is limited to only 5 if I recall.

I had a small customer that updated his 7 PCs from 98 to XP Home on his
own one time and they hit this limit.  Of course this was about 3 years
ago so things are fuzzzy.

--
Craig Wilson
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ...

Maximum Number of Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

NNTP error: Maximum number of connections reached
A News (NNTP) error occurred: Maximum number of connections reached. (newsfe08.iad)(Tornado v1.2.7.560-2) I have started getting the above error message from my cox.net NNTP server. I use Cox, Mozilla, and Microsoft news servers, but only get the error message on the Cox server. Is there a setting in Seamonkey that I'm missing? BTW, I've used the Cox server for several years and just started getting this error. I think it's a Cox problem and have requested support, but thought I'd attack the problem from this side as well. Thanks, -- Tom - Vista, CA TO...

Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached.
Is there any reason I wouldn't want to increase the Maximum number of inbound connections to 60 or 80? Quite often my MTA displays this message. The server is a dual P4 3 Ghz machine and has 1197MB of available memory. It's CPU utilization is often below 10%. I would think I'd be safe to increase that number but for some reason I remember reading that 40 is set as the Max for a good reason. Go ahead and bump it. <jfmoots@marysville.k12.oh.us> wrote in message news:uHTHh.1432$1q5.53@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is there any reason I wouldn't want ...

MTA: Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached
I am having a problem that suddenly appeared yesterday. On several of my secondary MTA's I'm getting repeated messages "Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached," and the primary MTA reports that these secondary domains are closed for long periods of time. My GW system is set up as such: Primary domain w/ GWIA; 52 secondary domains w/ 1 PO each (1 per geographic location -- yeah, I know it's a lot); 1 secondary domain w/ WebAcc; 6000+ users total. I'm running a mix of GW 7.0.2 HP2 and GW 7.0.3 on NW 6.5.6 (eDir 8.8.1) servers; I have been in th...

GW5.5 MTA
Hi We have a Primary MTA which constantly reaches its maximum number of inbound connections ONLY when a particular secondary MTA and its post office are open. When this happens all email traffic through the primary MTA ceases. We have rebuilt the Primary MTA database, Secondary MTA database and post office database with no effect. We have also tried everything on TID10010967 except swapping out the server memory. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Nigel Sounds like a comms problem to me. Might be worth looking at the TIDs on TCP trouble s...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------BA5CD9E3EA4569E70B7C408E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Maximum Number of Connections
--------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Maximum Number of Connections The maximum number of connections retrieved from ct_config is 25. The default on most vendor stacks is eight. To increase the number from the default, reconfigure the protocol stack. I found the following information in a release bulletin, does anyone know how to reconfigure the protocol stack. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tina --------------89A62470F93A8AA100BFEB05 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii C...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

What is the maximum number of concurrent connections?
I downloaded a trial copy of SQL Anywhere 5.5. The standalone engine apparently supports only 10 connections, which is way too low for the application I have. Assuming a 1-user license and all connections coming from the same machine, how many concurrent connections does the network server support? Unfortunately, the network server is not included in the trial version, so I can't experiment with it. I apologize if this question has been already answered elsewhere, I was not able to find an FAQ for this newsgroup. Thanks, Alexey Lef alexey@raleigh.ibm.com >I dow...

Setting the maximum number of connection
How do you set the maximum number of pooled connections from within Java code? I'm not using JNDI or any app servers. I am using Sybase ASE 12.0 whichever version of jconnect that came with it. I've looked everywhere for any answer and I can't seem to find the solution. Help! Thank you, Oliver Hi Oliver, jConnect provides classes to work with a conneciton pool implementation. So your answer to the questions depends on the pool implementation. So just having the jConnect driver does not mean you have connection pooling. You need to implement that yourself or ...

Maximum Connections Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

Maximum Connection Reached
I get the following message when I run my program using Power++ and Adaptive Server 11.5 I notice when I quit the program I have 40 queries destroyed. I've increase the following using sp_configure to number of remote connections 3103 number of user connections 732 I don't know how to get rid of this error - Can anyone Help Please!!!!!!! SQLExecDirect returned SQL_ERROR State S1000 Native Code 6 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: external error: The maximum number of connections have already been opened. ...

Web resources about - Maximum number of connection reached - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Star Wars Rebels Trailer Reveals Force Awakens Connection - Collider
The new extended trailer for the mid-season premiere of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels reveals a huge connection to The Force ...