Login-Process of the Novell-Client (Win 7)

Hello,

I think it would be very helpful if we could describe in general here
or in some TID what the exact steps are that the novell-client for
windows 7 takes - from login to mapping drives.

I have read anything there is, in the documentation, the tids and so
forth but I am still confused about how the novell-client for windows 7
finds the DAs, the tree, which roles DNS, SLP, DHCP play in that, when
something is broadcasted or multicasted, how entering the DA's IP
statically influenses all of this, if the hosts file on windows 7
actually plays any role and so on.

Could someone who has wiresharked the whole process or really
understand the details describe step by step what the novell-client is
actually doing. I am more interested in the network activity and not so
much in processing login scripts.

thx in advance.
hugo

--
susehoush

susehoush

susehoush;2186607 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think it would be very helpful if we could describe in general here
> or in some TID what the exact steps are that the novell-client for
> windows 7 takes - from login to mapping drives.
>
> I have read anything there is, in the documentation, the tids and so
> forth but I am still confused about how the novell-client for windows 7
> finds the DAs, the tree, which roles DNS, SLP, DHCP play in that, when
> something is broadcasted or multicasted, how entering the DA's IP
> statically influenses all of this, if the hosts file on windows 7
> actually plays any role and so on.
>
> Could someone who has wiresharked the whole process or really
> understand the details describe step by step what the novell-client is
> actually doing. I am more interested in the network activity and not so
> much in processing login scripts.
>
> thx in advance.
> hugo

Hugo,
You may want to send an email to Novell Technical support to
contact the Developer's about what happens in the background when the
Novell Client Logs in.  Also you can call and speak to the Sales to get
them to forward your request to the Developer's.

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

win 98 client faster as win xp client
I have a Novell Server 5.1 IPX protocol. In the network was a WIN 98 PC (500 MHz) an a WIN XP PC (2000 MHz). The Database application (alaska xbase++ 32 Bit)run for a complex statistic on the WIN 98 3 minutes and on the WIN XP 6 minutes. How can I set my windows xp client for more speed ? What can I disable in my xp client. (I need the Server as File-Server) (the version of the XP Client is 4.09) > I have a Novell Server 5.1 IPX protocol. In the network was a WIN 98 > PC (500 MHz) an a WIN XP PC (2000 MHz). The Database application (alaska > xbase++ 32 Bit)run for ...

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

Netware client setup on Win XP Pro
Hello there, I've been refered to this newsgroup from another Novell one. I'm trying to configure Novell Client 4.83 on a Wnidows XP machine connecting to Novell 4.11 Basically I am trying to avoid having to setup every user as a local account, and simply have the client login, skipping the login to local account bit. I have ben referred to >1) Configure the PC to use "AutoAdminLogon" - >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm >(Each User uses the same local account) and this seems to be the correct solution, I am tryi...

NetWare Client on Win 2k & XP
We are just starting to use 2K Pro & XP Pro on our desktops. We have a NT 4.0 domain across a WAN. You got your PDC at corporate and BDC's spread out across the company at each location. Also have member servers setup for Exchange 5.5. Each location also has NetWare servers. My location has two NetWare 5 servers (sp6a). It was my understanding in order for authentication to occur on a NT network using NT / 2k Pro / XP Pro computer accounts must be setup. The domain admin setup the account. I made sure the computer named matched the name he gave when setting up the computer...

Lost Client for Netware login on Win 200 machines
Workstations have started to lose their Netware login windows and be replaced by Windows 2000 ones. This happens after the first login when the usual Client window is presented. After a reboot the client window is replaced by that of a 'normal' Win 2000 log in. All mappings are lost, indicating that the usual Netware routes were not followed. The cause is almost certainly due to some tinkering on my part (I was trying to implement some advice gained here to stop needless extra 'workstation logins' appearing!)with the volatile users settings in the Workstation Packa...

Client login slow on 7 client
In the last few days, we have experienced slow login to Groupwise using th 7.0 client. The web access works fine and 6.5 clients seem to login fine. It is only the 7.0 client. We installed SP1 for the client and it did not reslove the problem. The server had not changed and the poa/mta etc had not changed. Disk space on the server is fine. It can take up to 6 minutes for the client to login. We are on a LAN that is all local. subnet does not matter (same subnet as the mail server or different). Systems are running XP and 2000. Server has been restarted. Do you have a r...

VPN Client BM 3.7
I got a problem this week with a VPN Client ... we tried to connect on our network by our VPN Client ( the last one BM37VPN2 ). Everything was ok but the connection hang on "Performing NetWare Login". The workaround is : Don't forget to setup the SLP information into the Novell Client Propreties. It's very important, otherwise never you will be able to get the login script. This is just a tips in case someone live the same thing then us. Eric Adaris Technologies. Eric, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to...

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

Win XP client for Netware 4.10 doesn't work
We have a small Netware 4.10 network. Since would like to connect Windows XP (SP1) PCs to that net, we have downloaded the latest 98/2000/XP client (49sp2e.exe zipped file) and installed on one PC. Installation seems to be succesfull, but the client doesn't connect to the server (Cant'find the server error). Did I miss doing something? There is any extra configuration to do? Has anyone experienced (and possibly solved) such a problem? Thansk in advance to any helper... Riccardo Make sure you install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Also, v4...

Client 4.9 auto login breaks Win XP Remote Desktop
I recently installed the auto login for Novell client 4.9 and now whenever I try to use remote desktop to connect to the computer, it opens and closes stating that the remote session was ended. Is there any fix for this that will allow me to keep using the auto login, and yet still be able to remote desktop into the machine? Silk42, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search ...

Netware Client 4.90 SP for Win XP with SP2 Sleep mode
I have gateway 200xl with 1 GB RAM running Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.90 SP2 English on Windows NT/2000/XP (English) installed connected to the NW 5.1 on dell server. Problem: When screen saver kicks inn user can login into workstation but cant even find my server. Is it neware problem or hardware problem with network card? Can you guide me? Thanks Joe, Could be a name resolution issue. Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NetIdentity, etc.)? Is the Novell Client instal...

MS Client comes up before Netware client login
MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client. Any ideals? Do any of these TIDs help? 10086499 10099762 -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop ...

Web resources about - Login-Process of the Novell-Client (Win 7) - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

TapIN Pro For iPad Creates A One-Step Website Login Process For iPad
... always easy. This is where the new TapIN Pro for iPad app comes in. Created by MyGo Software, the app offers a one-click website login process. ...

Facebook SDK for tvOS streamlines the app login process on Apple TV
Facebook has launched its SDK for tvOS, which brings a more streamlined solution to log in to the Apple TV.

iOS 8 Simplifies App Login Process with Safari Password Sharing
... that password can then be used to log in to Google's Gmail iOS app with a single tap, greatly speeding up and streamlining the login process. ...

Slate’s Login Process Has Changed
The login process on Slate has changed. If you have previously logged in to Slate with your Google account, you will need to first choose a password ...

Twitter Announces Digits for tvOS to Simplify the App Login Process
Juli Clover / MacRumors : Twitter Announces Digits for tvOS to Simplify the App Login Process — Following in Facebook's footsteps, Twitter today ...

Twitter Strengthens Password Reset Process, Login Security
... can now send password reset requests to your mobile phone or your email either one on file, or one that you enter during the recovery process. ...

Facebook login simplifies Apple TV app sign-in process
... developers to incorporate social experiences into their Apple TV apps, the greatest benefit could be the ability to make use of Facebook Login, ...

Twitter beefs up security with streamlined password reset process and better blocking of suspicious logins ...
... while the second is better identification and blocking of suspicious logins. Twitter says it has redesigned the password reset process to make ...

Google improves New Gmail login with two page sign in process
Now the Gmail login is using two page sign in process, which look far more improved from the old look. Google confirmed this in a blog post

Twitter Announces Digits for tvOS to Simplify the App Login Process
... to be handy on the new fourth-generation Apple TV. Entering lengthy passwords using the new Apple TV remote is a hassle and the Digits login ...