Login problem

We recently installed Win2k on a box.  After installing the client
v4.83 we
are not prompted for the Novell login.  I can right click on the sys
tray
"N" and login in the way.

What is set incorrectly?

0
Justin

Justin Moore wrote:

> We recently installed Win2k on a box.  After installing the client
v4.83 we
> are not prompted for the Novell login.  I can right click on the sys
tray
> "N" and login in the way.
>
> What is set incorrectly?

Control Panel | Users and Passwords | Enabled "Users must enter a user
name.."

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
11/6/2003 2:58:50 PM
Ensure AutoAdminLogon is not enabled...........

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AutoAdminLogon = 0

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
Craig

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

login problems in XP
I have 11 XP Pro machines on a netware 5.1 server. When logoff in XP sometimes network becomes very slow and machines freezes on loginscript screen. Reset machine only way to go on. When logging in at same time with more persons network is extreme slow. Client 49sp1a and fix. Anybody any idea? Are you using ROAMING Profiles? Sometimes profiles can get very very large and cause such issues. Example - A user may think nothing of saving an ISO file on the desktop that will need to get swapped up to and down from the server at each logon. sendinfo@zeelandnet.nl wrote: >...

Login problem with XP
Having trouble with user logns not recognizing a server. I map different drives to 2 diff servers and some machines can't see one server. They are all using 4.9SP2 client on winXP machines and connections to 2 Netware 6 boxes. The error message says specified server is unknown. When I login (get past login script) and browse the network I can see the server fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Perry, SP2 installed on XP? If so, is the Windows Firewall enabled? How about the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service? Masking any info. you might c...

XP Login Problem
If I try to login to a workstation as a new user I get a windows prompt asking for my password. If I click cancel, then type in my password again on the novell login it works perfectly. I had this problem with the 4.9 client and had to backrev these files to 4.83. nalntsrv.exe - 16/11/2000 wm.exe - 09/05/2000 wsreg32r.dll - 29/09/2000 wsreg32.exe - 22/02/2000 wsreg.dll 22/02/2000 wuser32.exe - 25/09/2000 zenapp32.dll - 22/02/2001 zenpol32.dll - 22/02/2000 We are running Novell Client 4.91 sp3. We use dynamic local user(dlu) and we do not delete profiles on logout. Thanks...

Login to Netware on an XP machine
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

Problem with login and Win XP
I have a netware 5.1 and when I try to login with win98se all it's ok. Problem is when a number of users are login in the server (I can't determine number) with winXP novell client (4.83 and 4.90) I can login but can't map f:\ and z:\, but if you try with win98 all it's ok. If I shutdown a worstation, then WinXP can login and map correctly f: and z: What can I do? On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:37:36 GMT, asd@asd.com wrote: >I have a netware 5.1 and when I try to login with win98se all it's ok. > >Problem is when a number of users are login in the ser...

Netware login problem after patching
We recently installed the latest post sp5 patches (nw65sp5u) and all of a sudden our clients are not logging in/authenticating to the zenworks server the way they were pre-patch. Old routine: Workstation boots, authenticates to both novell servers (mail and zen) Current routine Workstation boots, authenticates to only the mailserver, not the zenworks server. In order to get it to see the zenworks server I have to manually navigate through network neighborhood on the end pcs (xp pro) to the zenworks folders within the tree. Once I do that it sucessfully authenticates and show...

XP SP2 Login Problems
I'm having intermittant problems logging in with the 4.91sp2 client on XP with the Firewall enabled. My SLPINFO below - we have 2 trees - I'm most interested in the GRP-SCOPE and why Server1 shows SLPV1 instead of 2: DA IP Address Source(s) State Version Local Interface Scope(s) --------------- --------- ----- ------- --------------- ---------- --- xxx.xx.xx.xxx CNFG UP SLPV1 xxx.xx.xx.xxx <unscoped> xxx.xx.xx.xxx CNFG UP SLPV1 xxx.xx.xx.xxx <unscoped> Server1NewTree CNFG INIT ...

Problem getting rid of apps in XP, problems with IIS and XP HEd
My new notebook came with XP Home Edition. Oblivious to the fact that it would not support IIS, I went ahead and installed VS.NET along with other applications (SQL Server etc...). After finding out that ASP.NET won't run because of the unavailability of IIS, I went ahead and bought XP Pro and did a fresh/clean installation (by selecting the appropriate options in setup). Here is the thing that baffles me now.... Almost 10Gigs of my hard drive still has all the applications (but not data) from the previous version of XP (home edition). VS.NET, along with all other applications that I had ...

XP Login Problems
On every XP machine I have (and Win2K) once I log into Netware and XP (1st time) I only have to log into netware on subsequent logins. However on a new XP machine I have, it requires me to login into both NW and XP each time. It's not caching/storing the last user ID for XP when I log in. Not sure if it's a NW issue or XP issue, I am stumped. Thought maybe one of you gurus might know the answer to this? Mike Mike, Does this help?... Roaming profile fails to copy down at login after applying Windows XP SP1 or Windows 2000 SP4 http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/searc...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Web resources about - Login problem - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Surprise! Lawyers Are Problem Drinkers
Assuming there are 10 attorneys on your team, statistically, two to three of the attorneys are suffering from drinking problems, depression, ...

This $2 billion startup CEO thinks the biggest problem facing European entrepreneurs today is 'bad advice' ...
... really bad advice, right." "There's starting to be a network of older people that have been [there]" Has Klarna been affected by this problem? ...

Ben Carson has a problem with Bill Clinton's history with women
GOP hopeful blames former President Clinton for coarsening American children

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...

Thanks, Obama. Fewer people have problems paying medical bills.
... In the first half of 2011 through the first half of 2014, approximately one in five persons under age 65 was in a family that had problems ...

The Displacement Problem
A problem with gentrification-led involuntary displacement is that makes it being poor even more unaffordable by pricing people out of areas ...

Carrie Underwood Admits Her 'Mom Problems' Include Getting Peed On
Carrie Underwood Admits Her 'Mom Problems' Include Getting Peed On

Major League Baseball's Biggest Problems
Major League Baseball may never be healthier than it is now, but that doesn't mean it's flawless. Here's some key problems the league needs to ...

PARIS' ISIS PROBLEM Youth in France leave for Syria at 'alarming' rate
PARIS' ISIS PROBLEM Youth in France leave for Syria at 'alarming' rate