LGNCXW32 "LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified"

We are having trouble figuring out why we are suddenly having an issue
with contextless login.  We are not aware of any changes to the server
(netware 6.5- SP8).  Every thing was fine at the end of the day
yesterday.  Now, today, a box pops up that reads:
LGNCXW32
LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified

We've rebooted the server, but no luck.  Any ideas as to what we can do
to get this working?

Thanks!

--
willvi1

willvi1

0
ab
5/29/2009 1:59:13 PM
Nothing has changed on the client side or server side--that we can
detect.  This is happening on all computers in the district.
Additionally, our web mail is not accessible either.

--
willvi1
willvi1's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=43078

0
willvi1
5/29/2009 2:16:03 PM
willvi1 <willvi1@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> We are having trouble figuring out why we are suddenly having an issue
> with contextless login.  We are not aware of any changes to the server
> (netware 6.5- SP8).  Every thing was fine at the end of the day
> yesterday.  Now, today, a box pops up that reads:
> LGNCXW32
> LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP server specified
>
> We've rebooted the server, but no luck.  Any ideas as to what we can do
> to get this working?
>
> Nothing has changed on the client side or server side--that we can
> detect.  This is happening on all computers in the district.
> Additionally, our web mail is not accessible either.

The "No LDAP server specified" message can sometimes be misleading. In
this case it's probably simply indicating that communication to the
one LDAP server you do have configured was unsuccessful; not literally
"you don't have an LDAP server specified".  The message might be more
appropriately "None of the LDAP servers responded".

If its happening on all workstations, and you've lost access to the
web mail services in addition to the LDAP server services, I would
expect it probably is a server-side issue or at least a network
routing issue for being able to reach the services on those server(s)
from where the workstations are located.

Try to isolate connectivity issues by attempting to ping the servers
from the workstation to determine whether its /all/ communication or
just the HTTP & LDAP communication that fails to those servers.
Perhaps connect a workstation on the same subnet where the servers are
connected, to try and rule out the intranetworking hardware and paths.

Alan Adams
Novell Client CPR Group
alan.adams@novell.com

Novell