LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client

Hi.

Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT
have network access until after it has logged in.

Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of
doing this?

/anders
0
Anders

Anders Westerberg wrote:
> Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless
> logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT
> have network access until after it has logged in.

This probably doesn't help, but the Odyssey client is fully compatible
with the Novell Client:
http://www.novell.com/partnerguide/product/101139.html

As long as you're just using a standard 802.1x EAP authentication type
and nothing special, it should work just fine with your network.
0
Justin
6/12/2006 3:24:46 PM
Anders Westerberg wrote:
> Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless
> logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT
> have network access until after it has logged in.

Also, this article (more of a press release) says that it does work
(http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2005_March_22/ai_n13457772):

AEGIS Client implements 802.1X and WPA to provide port access control to
the Novell network. Once port access control (authentication) has been
granted, Novell normal login (Context- and Tree-based), as well as LDAP
Contextless Login, is supported. Contextless Login is used by many large
enterprises to ease the burden of dealing with constantly changing
networks and user relationships. Meetinghouse's AEGIS Client provides
seamless interoperability to the single sign-on login process when
enterprise users access the Novell domain.
0
Justin
6/12/2006 3:26:31 PM
Anders Westerberg <anders.westerberg@molndal.se> wrote:

> Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP
> contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution
> since the client does NOT have network access until after it
> has logged in.
>
> Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation
> Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there
> any better way of doing this?

What exactly does "AEGIS client" mean in this context?  i.e. Just
speaking generically, or of a specific product such as "Meetinghouse
AEGIS Client 2.x".

It is true that the period of time at which Novell's LDAP Contextless
Login is fired presumes & requires that IP-level connectivity exist
prior to actually pressing OK and proceeding with login.

But in products intending to be Novell-compatible, such as the
Meetinghouse client previously mentioned, this has been taken into
account by the AEGIS client doing its own LDAP contextless login after
it knows the interface has been authenticated, rather than
expecting/intending for Novell's LDAP contextless login to work.

So no, generically, you can't get Novell's LDAP Contextless Login to
work without first having functioning IP connectivity.  But yes,
depending on what exactly you meant, there may be solutions.

Alan Adams
alancrumbadams@drcrumb.com
(for email, remove the crumbs)
0
Alan

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Slow login with LDAP Contextless login enabled
Hi all, Has anyone run into the problem were users take over a minute to login? If the user does a logout and then login again without restarting the machine it takes 10 seconds. So the problem is only when the computer is restarted. If I disable the LDAP Contextless login in NWClient 4.92Sp2 the login takes 10 seconds and the problem is gone... The environment is NW6.5 SP6 ( I know, we will upgrade to SP8 as soon as possible :-) eDir is 8.7.3.9 and will also be upgraded asap. ZfD 4.00.1135 -- Bengtb --------------------------------------------------------------...

ZCM login fails
I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649 eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws xp and eDir. Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect." I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID 3273870 - no success - I just cannot logi...

LDAP contextless login VISTA Client
Dear all, I am having issues with the Vista Beta client and LDAP. I set all of the settings to mirror our working XP configuration and I get the message "The system could not log you into the network. Make sure your name and connection information are correct" ......etc, etc. I am certain my credentials are correct. When I change the context to the OU the username resides, login works fine. Is there anyone out there who has come across this? Thanks in advance. Brett I have the opposite problem. I can get contextless login working, but I cannot get it to lo...

LDAP Contextless login and Relative Distinguished Names (RDN) login
Is it possible to have BOTH LDAP Contextless login AND RDN login available AT THE SAME TIME? I'm asking because I would like to use contextless login but it would generate far less helpdesk call if I could still retain RDN login. When I tried it, it gave an LDAP error when I entered a RDN (ie, sylvain.adm instead of just sylvain) using the NW4.9SP1 client on Windows XP. Thanks. Not to my knowledge; only the "common name" portion goes into the "Username:" field and the actual context of that object goes into the "Context:" field. For the re...

Vista Client LDAP Contextless login
The contextless login feature in the Vista 32 client (have not tested it with 64 bit) does not work from the Vista login screen, it works only if the Novell login is called via right mouse key on the red N in the task bar. This is a show stopper for our University, we have around 280 OU´s and need this feature on the general login screen. Configuration: Vista SP1, Novell Client for Windows Vista 1.0, Novell Client for Windows Vista Drivers Update 1, Novell Client for Windows Vista Update 6. -- Werner Seifert Informations Management der Johannes Kepler Universitä...

2x 'Incorrect login count', for each login attempt through LDAP
We are running eDirectory 8.7.3 on NetWare 6.5SP2, and use LDAP for authentication between a number of applications (Apache, Tomcat, etc) and eDir. Whenever someone enters a wrong password, while trying to authenticate to one of the LDAP dependant applications, the 'Incorrect login count' increases by 2 instead of 1 though. So, instead of seeing 1->2->3->Account Locked in C1, we are seeing 2->4->Account Locked. Needless to say, our users are wondering why they only get 3 tries online, when they get 4 trying to log onto their workstations(and it isn't...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

Client logging in quickly- ldap contextless login = error
We are still having this issue - with ldap contextless login set Tid '7006626' (http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7006626&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=305126768&stateId=0%200%20305130416): the client can login within 30 seconds without the listed error code (specifically Error code: 0x800789FC ) - with NO ldap contextless login As soon as we enable - LDAP CONTEXTLESS LOGiN - it all fails again Actually it fails almost immediately with error - The tree or server cannot be found - Error ...

4.91sp4 802.1x initial login problems
Hello, login-lgnwnt32.dll-923: An unexpected error has occurred: 15 (8819) This is partway thru login script processing after successful 802.1x authentication. I've seen at least one or two posts similar to this from 4.91sp4 beta. We are running the final release of 4.91sp4. Machines have integrated Intel ProSet wireless. Have tried all sorts of things... disabled DHCP for SLP and SLP Active Discovery and hardcoded SLPDA's and scopes... entered server IP address at initial Novell login. I'm looking for other ideas here, any suggestions? Thank you, Eric ...

Client 4.91 SP2 contextless LDAP login with aliases
Trying to roll out the new client version 4.91 SP2 but hitting an issue where users are presented with two choices for context, one user container, one alias container. Can the LDAP server be modified to ignore alias objects, or reference them back to the original user object. I know this is a "feature" that has been enabled in 4.91, but it's killing me!!! any way to turn it off would be appreciated, either at the client end, or on the LDAP server side. jvaz, Rumor has it said feature is currently working as designed. On the LDAP Contextless Login tab in ...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP SP2 & Contextless Login
Hello, I was just wondering if this is expected behavior from the Novell Client. I am setting up a new environment using OES2 Linux and ZCM, migrating from Netware 6.5 OES with a new tree. SLP is set up and DHCP works well. The issue is this, I am using ZCM to distribute a GP to the workstation using Shaun's ADM file. In the GP I have configured a Preferred Tree and LDAP Contextless Login settings. When a workstation is first set up, the client takes the settings right away. However, you cannot login using LDAP because the client does not try to use the LDAP.. the usern...

MS Client comes up before Netware client login
MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client. Any ideals? Do any of these TIDs help? 10086499 10099762 -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop ...

Web resources about - LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...