Last user logged on

Hi,

Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login screen and if possible the workstation tab?

Chris.

0
Chris

"Chris Gollner" <cgollner@sprusons.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>

> Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login
screen and if possible the workstation tab?

> Chris.

Now you've got me going crazy trying to remember.

There *is* a way, and it clears everything.  You have to manually put the
name and PW and it logs in to both N and M$ at that time (if you have the
latter setup).

I have it on one machine for test reason, but have never used it since.  Its
been a year or too.  Ill research further for you.

0
Greg
3/25/2004 9:01:13 PM
Under the Advanced settings of the Novell Client drill down inside of the Default Profile.

Uncheck the optioon to "Save Profile after Successful login".
Remove the current names currrently stored there.

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
Craig
3/25/2004 9:04:03 PM
> been a year or too.  Ill research further for you.

Go to the Novell client properties, | Location profiles, | Select default,
(click properties) |  then click properties again, then UNCHECK "save
profile after successful login"

You will ofcourse need admin rights on that workstation.

This will leave both login, and password feilds blank.

HTH

greg

0
Greg
3/25/2004 9:06:13 PM
Darnit me!  I forgot one step, but someone else didnt:

"Craig Wilson" <craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<snippy>
> Remove the current names currrently stored there.

<bangs head on desk as punishment>

greg

0
Greg
3/25/2004 9:08:47 PM
Well the Question was not how to keep it from coming back ;>>>> LOL

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA
NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/)

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
Craig
3/25/2004 9:25:27 PM
> Well the Question was not how to keep it from coming back ;>>>> LOL

Yeah yeah yeah... ya got me.  I am a little off today because of my ebay
delivery has arrived and i am ready to go home and work on it.  (see NCC for
details)

greg

0
Greg
3/25/2004 9:40:20 PM
Enjoy ;>>

--
Craig Wilson
CNE3, 4, 5 - MCSE - CCNA
NSC Sysop (http://support.novell.com/forums/)

Tech Writer - http://www.ithowto.com
(I Peter 4:10)

0
Craig
3/25/2004 9:47:51 PM
You can also go to Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy | Local
Policies | Security Options and enable Do Not Show Last User Name. Even
if you have the NWclient configured to show an ID it will not be
displayed for either field you inquired about.

Doug

> > been a year or too.  Ill research further for you.
> >

> Go to the Novell client properties, | Location profiles, | Select
default,
> (click properties) |  then click properties again, then UNCHECK "save
> profile after successful login"
>
> You will ofcourse need admin rights on that workstation.
>
> This will leave both login, and password feilds blank.
>
> HTH
>
> greg

0
Doug
3/25/2004 10:23:05 PM
> You can also go to Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy | Local
> Policies | Security Options and enable Do Not Show Last User Name. Even
> if you have the NWclient configured to show an ID it will not be
> displayed for either field you inquired about.

.... and instead of doing that on every WS separately,
you could distribute this setting with NAL or in a .reg-file:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Policies\System
"dontdisplaylastusername"
DWORD=1

Or use Group Polices, Security Settings....

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf

last logged on user left after restart, not log out
On my Windows 7 clients (Novell Client IR7) I'm seeing a puzzling event: In my client properties, I have Advanced Login>Last Logged On User turned "off" and the user field is indeed cleared if I log out. HOWEVER, the user field is NOT cleared if I restart or shutdown/startup the computer. In those cases, the last logged on user's name is waiting in the field when it appears after boot. It's like the step that clears the user field isn't happening when Windows is shutting down. I'm not well-versed enough in Windows 7 or the Novell Client on Window...

script fails when user logged in as a user on a XP Pro Pc but not when a local admin
Hi all the error is as follows novell client scripts has encountered a problem and needs to close the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the box. this is only happening on one box. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Legal | Privacy | Accessibility C...

script fails when user logged in as a user on a XP Pro Pc but not when a local admin #2
The error is as follows: Novell Client login scripts has encountered a problem and needs to close. The error is The exception unknown software exception 0xc06d007e occured in he application at location 0x77e738b2. This occurs for a regular user account. but not as admin. I have recreated the account in console one and gotten the same error. I have also tried just deleting the local profile but that didnt work either. im also useing the latest zenworks 6.5 client. MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".everyone.groups.ou.o" then begin # \\serverzen\VOL1 \Applicati...

Web page not detecting a logged in user/user not logging in
Hey guysAs it stands, I've created two web pages within my app. One is a login page which is simply a blank page with the login control dragged on top. Within this control I redirect to my second page which contains a set of asp:Panels that are supposed to hide/display depending on which user is browsing the page.I've read several tutorials and at the moment, I've installed memberships/roles using the aspnet_regsql application. I've also used the web administration tool to create an 'administrators' role and create a user which is assigned to that role. I've also ...

Users logging in as the same user..
HI there.. I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no matter who logs in, logs in as the same user.. For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..) However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc.. If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John. If they create tables, all table created will ...

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

Last workstation a user logs into
Is there a way to find out the last workstation a user logged into? Thanks Tom -- urbast ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Urbast, > Is there a way to find out the last workstation a user logged into? > Thanks > Tom Zenworks tracks that info if you have it. - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell has a new enhancement request system, or what is now known as the requirement portal. If customers would like to give input in the upcoming releases of Novell products then they should go t...

Logging in a user onto one site logs out a user on another!
I am building a CMS application. All is on one computer during development using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and Windows XP Professional. Simply, I have one set of pages and each website's domain name points to the same pages, which load different data from the database, depending on the domain name. I am using the membership and roles framework but have left the applicationName blank in the roleManager and membership providers so that, as authenticated users create an account, a different applicationID is created for each domain name.  This way, the users and roles ...

How to determined when a user last logged on.
How may you determine when a user last logged on? Is there an sp for this? Patrick Krosbakken wrote: > How may you determine when a user last logged on? > Is there an sp for this? I don't think this is possible unless you use the auditing feature. > How may you determine when a user last logged on? > Is there an sp for this? If your release supports login triggers, you could use a login script that is run automatically when a user connects to record the date/time into a table. See the sp_modifylogin procedure documentation and System Administration Guide for logi...

User first log and another logs. Stats for users, etc.
Hello!I will write what I have. I have simple membership provider and login/register control. But when the new user come to site, he can sign up. After click "Finish" or "Register" button, his account is saving, but is inactivate. He also gets an email with link to active the account ( link is like: http://mysite.com/activate.aspx?id=XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is simply his GUID number, so activating user is very easy - aproove user where userId = GUID). Ok. But I have problem. How to make simply logger counter for each user ?Simply: "Hello User, this is your 123 log on this portal" My q...

Last time user logged in
Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in? Yes, you can set up auditing and audit successful logins. -bret Scott wrote: > Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in? This has been requested twice via the ISUG Enhancement Process (e01 084 and e01 106). Sybase's response is "Use login scripts". However, they don't give any examples and I don't know what their response means. <Scott> wrote in message news:26DA5648EBBF06690055192485256A50.0055193285256A50@webforums... > Is t...

Logging off another user in XP
Using an admin account, is there a way to log off another account without having to go into that account and log off manually? In article <arej7i$1dnk$1@news.grc.com>, Ashley says... >Using an admin account, is there a way to log off another account without >having to go into that account and log off manually? > > > Yep -- take a look at the last tab in Task Manager. :) -- Phil Duh me. =] Thanks! "Phil Youngblood" <phil587@my_un_realbox.com> wrote in message news:arek66$1dk7$2@news.grc.com... > In article <arej7i$1dnk$1@news.grc....

Last Logged In User Name missing
Hi! I see some different handling "Last Logged In User Name" comparing Novell Client 2 SP2 IR1/2 to NC2 SP1 IR9. IR9 does accept nicely "Last Logged In User Name" under key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Profiles, but SP2 does not, seems to. It handles "Last Logged In User Name" as it was SP1 IR5, I mean, does control registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Authentication\NCCredProvider\CachedLogon Default value which is converted to DWORD. Mh. Any ideas? More thanks, Alar. -- NovAlf -------------------------------------------...

no last logged in user after workstation only login
Due to our work environment we have the last logged in user displayed on workstation startup. This has worked with no problems in the Novell Client 2 sp2 but we are trying to upgrade to sp2 IR1 and have come across a problem. The last logged on user field populates just fine if you are just doing novell logins but after a workstation only login the user field is blank on the next startup. All of the settings are the same as they were in the previous version. Why won't the last logged in user name show up after a workstation only login?? We have it set to always default to the...

Web resources about - Last user logged on - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Not logged in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not logged in Jump to: navigation , search Please log in to view or edit items on your watchlist. Retrieved from " http://en.wikipedia.org/w ...

Facebook Subtly Nudges Less-Active Users With Friends Logged In, Time Since Last Update
... subtle nudges from the social network in the form of messages under their status update forms telling them how many of their friends have logged ...

Facebook hides page content from logged-out users
Facebook pages are no longer visible to users who are logged out of the social network. Users who visit fan pages without being signed into ...

Schuler Benson met his future wife after Facebook glitch logged him into her account
... man it turned out to be his portal to true love. Six years ago Schuler Benson switched on his phone to find that he had been accidentally logged ...

Water-logged victory proof St George Illawarra Dragons can keep pouring it on, says Gareth Widdop
St George Illawarra five-eighth Gareth Widdop says he knew the Dragons were the real deal when he walked victorious from a sodden Allianz Stadium ...

Our hearts and minds agree: national parks should not be logged
Responding to an opinion piece from Timber NSW, Warrick Jordan argues that science and our love of country tell us that logging has no place ...

Facebook Beats $15 Billion Lawsuit Over Tracking Logged-Out Users
Facebook won dismissal of a $15 billion lawsuit accusing the company of secretly tracking the Internet activity of its users after they log off. ...

Twitter To Test Promoted Tweets To Logged-Out Users
Twitter is testing a way to surface promoted tweets , even if a user is not logged into the service. Twitter announced Thursday that they’re ...

Spotify Bug Kept Users Logged In to Facebook Even After They Disconnec - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD ...
Spotify's music software recently had a bug since removed that logged users back in to their Facebook accounts even after they'd actively disconnected. ...

Facebook sued for tracking users, even after they logged out
Hundreds of millions of people use Facebook and like (and love) it, but the regular stream of privacy problems encouraged me to delete my account ...