last logged on user left after restart, not log out

On my Windows 7 clients (Novell Client IR7) I'm seeing a puzzling
event:

In my client properties, I have Advanced Login>Last Logged On User
turned "off" and the user field is indeed cleared if I log out. HOWEVER,
the user field is NOT cleared if I restart or shutdown/startup the
computer. In those cases, the last logged on user's name is waiting in
the field when it appears after boot.

It's like the step that clears the user field isn't happening when
Windows is shutting down. I'm not well-versed enough in Windows 7 or the
Novell Client on Windows 7 to find the problem, but I hope someone here
is! I've done some searches but haven't been able to find anything quite
like what I'm seeing. Thanks for your help.

--
bryanlakatos

bryanlakatos

Nevermind - it started working correctly upon a re-image. Go fig.

--
bryanlakatos
bryanlakatos's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=26072

0
bryanlakatos

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

Logging log
Hi! I try to accomplish task described in http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/422609-mixed-login.html?pagenumber= and wonder I don't know how to keep log of logging? I mean, does ZCM is capable to keep logging log? As Altiris NS does? More thanks, Alar. -- NovAlf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You look like you want to log in to your zone as a user from either a eDIR or AD. And yes this is possible, it will search both Directories. http://www.theurbanp...

To log or not to log
Hello foremen, on a large database, trillions of SELECTs and DELETEs are going to be performed. After that, the database is going to be unloaded. The database uses a transaction log. Should I keep the log there along this process or "unmount" it after some parts of it (or even before the beginning)? In this case, nothing but the speed is important. The database is ASA 7.0.4.3498. Thanks Pavel LOG... ALWAYS LOG. Performance is dependent on the use of the log. Recommendations: 1) Ensure that the file system is not excessively fragmented 2) Host the db f...

Logged In As: Not Logged In
I installed ZCF 10.0.1 on a Win 2K3 server and when I install the ZEN client on a workstation the ZENWORKS client login comes up and I cannot log into it. It shows me the realm name of my tree and Zenworks Zone and I have tried both to no avail. When I look at the details of the adaptive agent it says, "Logged In As: Not Logged In" Any ideas? On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote: > Any ideas? Debug logs in ZCM http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132...

Web page not detecting a logged in user/user not logging in
Hey guysAs it stands, I've created two web pages within my app. One is a login page which is simply a blank page with the login control dragged on top. Within this control I redirect to my second page which contains a set of asp:Panels that are supposed to hide/display depending on which user is browsing the page.I've read several tutorials and at the moment, I've installed memberships/roles using the aspnet_regsql application. I've also used the web administration tool to create an 'administrators' role and create a user which is assigned to that role. I've also ...

why after I log out my website and log in again. the last page that I logged out on thats the page I am redirected to...
why after I log out my website and log in again. the last page that logged out on thats the page I am redirected to...when logged in again. I thougt when you login though thr login control it goes to the assigned destination page. well, my website is not doing that. whatever page the user has last visited and the user decides to login again thats the page the user will be redirected to after they login. I am using the person website starter template. any ideas why this happens and/or how to fix it? This is the default behaviour of login control , it redirect back the user to the page that...

User logged in (and logged in on all pages)
Hello, If i get a user to log in, after entering there username and password, when they go to other pages, how do i keep them logged in??? like this asp.net site, it says at the top, logged in as:Breenan, and cant see my username in the url address bar.... Any help???? Thanks again. There are many ways to store state information besides in a querystring (which shows up in the address bar)... One common one is a Session variable which acts like a global variable for the entire application. The name could also be gotten from the database, every time the page loads, or it coul...

user log in log file
If I open GroupWise Client, it is logged into the poa log even before I put password information. How can I ensure that the user loged in (or didn't) in that time that log shows? Thankyou in advance. -- Fabio Martins OS/CN Analyst http://fabiomartins.net What exactly do you mean? If you mean "can I know if they actually succeeeded in logging in", no. imagine 3 possbilities user logs in correctly user has bad password user just cancels 1 and 3 look identical. 2 will give an FFFF error. "Fabio Martins" <contato@fabiomartins.net>...

User first log and another logs. Stats for users, etc.
Hello!I will write what I have. I have simple membership provider and login/register control. But when the new user come to site, he can sign up. After click "Finish" or "Register" button, his account is saving, but is inactivate. He also gets an email with link to active the account ( link is like: http://mysite.com/activate.aspx?id=XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is simply his GUID number, so activating user is very easy - aproove user where userId = GUID). Ok. But I have problem. How to make simply logger counter for each user ?Simply: "Hello User, this is your 123 log on this portal" My q...

Logging in a user onto one site logs out a user on another!
I am building a CMS application. All is on one computer during development using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition and Windows XP Professional. Simply, I have one set of pages and each website's domain name points to the same pages, which load different data from the database, depending on the domain name. I am using the membership and roles framework but have left the applicationName blank in the roleManager and membership providers so that, as authenticated users create an account, a different applicationID is created for each domain name.  This way, the users and roles ...

Please help!! How can I show an alternate 'logged in' left menu bar for logged in users?
Hi, Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I urgently need some help regarding the title question. I am developing my first web-site using asp.net and I am having problems working out how best to handle the 'logged-in' / 'logged out' left menu alternate displays. I have two menus, one which is displayed for users logged in and one which is displayed for users logged out. So far, I have created 2 custom-controls. 'left_menu_logged_in' and 'left_menu_logged_out.' This is where I am stuck! I am using forms-based authentication for log in, however, how can I determine on ea...

when i log in, I get the logged in view(which I have left it blank) not the appropriate logged in page ( the roles does not seem to work..)
Hello everyone, My website is online now. I can access my database online in one of the other page..but When I log in at the log in page, I see only the logged in view. I dont see the appropriate role's page. For example. John is from an admin roles group. When I log in using john's username and pword, I get a blank page (which I know for sure is the loggedin view page which I have left it blank). I have three roles and not of them seem to work,.,,It however works fine when I run it on my home computer locally (I change the webconfig file when i run my log in page .) &nb...

Log off a user when they log in from multiple browsers
Hi Folks:Is there a best practice or pattern to log a user off the system if they logged on from another location?  I am trying to prevent a user with the same login to use our web app from more than one location at once, since they are paying a per-login fee per month.I want the last one in to win:  so whoever logs in last gets the session, and any previous logins for that user get logged off.  Salesgenie does this, as they monetize on a per user fee as well.Thanks,Larry .:: lawrenceport.com ::. I personally have never done this so I'd be curious to see what other ...

Logging out of Netware without logging out of Windows
I have a dumb question - with the way that we are having to update Windows all the time - we are concerned that leaving the PC's on at night logged into Novell will open us up to hackers - is there a way to logout of Novell without logging out of Windows. We are running NW 5 sp6a - W2K and WXP wkstations with users logged in as administrators - they don't know this because we have setup Windows so that they only have to login to Novell and the Windows Password screen does not appear due to changes in the registry we have made. Using Novell client 4.83 sp1, 4.83 and 4....

Web resources about - last logged on user left after restart, not log out - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Production Restart 11 September 2013: OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube
The official video from our Production Restart event on Wednesday 11 September at our Coventry factory. Watch all of the speeches from Chairman ...

Pakistan to restart executions for all death row prisoners
The country had a de facto moratorium on executions from 2008 until last December when they were reintroduced for those convicted of militant ...

Court approves restart of Japanese nuclear reactors despite safety fears
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's nuclear energy policy should now be back on track. Kagoshima: A Japanese court has approved the restart of Kyushu ...

Bishop meets over MH370 as search restarts
Julie Bishop has met with her Malaysian counterpart over MH370 as France extends their search for the craft.

Protests mark restart of Japan nuclear reactor
Protests mark restart of Japan nuclear reactor

Woodside restarts Pluto after close shave
Woodside restarts Pluto and reaffirms production guidance after a drifting oil rig came within five hundred metres of critical gas lines.

Putin restarts battle for European peace in Ukraine
Putin will get away with stealing Crimea because Europe is hooked on Russian natural gas, writes Nicholas Burns.

Garuda restarts Brisbane to Bali flights
Six years after axing the Brisbane to Bali route in the wake of a fatal plane crash, Garuda Indonesia is reintroducing the service.

Large Hadron Collider successfully restarts with potential particle smashing power doubled
The world's largest particle smasher restarts to allow physicists to explore the matter that makes up the universe.