Last Logged In User Name missing

Hi!
I see some different handling "Last Logged In User Name" comparing
Novell Client 2 SP2 IR1/2 to NC2 SP1 IR9. IR9 does accept nicely "Last
Logged In User Name" under key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Profiles, but SP2 does not,
seems to. It handles "Last Logged In User Name" as it was SP1 IR5, I
mean, does control registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Authentication\NCCredProvider\CachedLogon
Default value which is converted to DWORD. Mh.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

--
NovAlf

NovAlf

On a Windows workstation this setting should be governed by the GPO "Do not
display last user name" regardless of which network client you are using.
Also see:
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7006168&sliceId=1

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf
3/22/2012 12:47:26 PM
Hi!
I'm aware of that. Well, my interest is little bit different, I need to
have manipulate with registry, because regardless of logged in user I
need to have all the time constant user name to show up at login screen.
So, I need to change value for "Last Logged In User Name", but ... with
SP1 IR9 it does work, with SP2 IR1/2 it does not. And with SP2 it
(handling last logged in user name) seems to have changed back to SP1
IR5.
Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735

0
NovAlf

Getting first name and last name from Windows logged in user
 I'm sure there must be an easy way of getting the actual first name and last name from an Windows domain\username via the Windows Identity or Principal object, but I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone have any examples of this? try this: HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name  Thanks - tried that...it returns nothing or domain\loginName :( Please check that on the site properties window (in IIS Admin console), in the security tab, click on the modify or edit button in the authentication and anonymous access group and make sure only the "Windows Inte...

Can I clear the last logged in user name?
I'm using Netware client 4.91 on Windows XP. I don't want the Novell Login dialogue box to display the last logged in user name. Is there a way to clear that before the new user logs in? chasse@home.net wrote: > I'm using Netware client 4.91 on Windows XP. I don't want the Novell > Login dialogue box to display the last logged in user name. Is there a > way to clear that before the new user logs in? I believe in the preferences there's a "yes/no" option in one of the lists to disable that, I don't recall the specific name off the ...

Problem in getting logged in user Name for ASPX page with (even with this.User.Identity.Name)
Hi  friends,  I am creating an application that takes current logged in user and displays on the page itself. for this I am getting the user name in PageLoad function by using this.User.Identity.Name and then storing the value in a hidden variable for aspx page. I am using this hidden  variable to display the name of the user. I am using Windows authentication for this. Now problem that I am getting is that when multiple user launch the application from different machine and if they click simultaneously, name of one user appears on the paged displayed on the machine of ot...

Getting the user name of the currently logged in user
I'm writing my first custom module. Just as an experimental project I would just display information about the currently logged in user. I can get the User Id, but I don't know where to get the rest of the information. How do I get this? Hi, Just create a new UserController to get the information about one user via the method GetUser(PortalId, UserId) and store it into a UserInfo. Then you can get the rest of the information from this UserInfo [VB] Dim myUser As New UserInfo Dim myUserController As New UserController myUser = myUserController.GetUser(PortalId, Use...

User.Identity.Name swaps with other logged in users
I seem to be having a problem with User.Identity.Name, never given me any problems in the past, however, i've just put a site live and for some reason, every now and then the value of Name changes to that of another user logged into the system! However, it's only for one page view! Once you view any page again, the information resets back to the original and correct user (i.e. value in .Name). The only one bit of information i could see on google about this related to worker processes recycling.Is this possible? Could the worker process recycling end up with users being confused? I...

last logged on user left after restart, not log out
On my Windows 7 clients (Novell Client IR7) I'm seeing a puzzling event: In my client properties, I have Advanced Login>Last Logged On User turned "off" and the user field is indeed cleared if I log out. HOWEVER, the user field is NOT cleared if I restart or shutdown/startup the computer. In those cases, the last logged on user's name is waiting in the field when it appears after boot. It's like the step that clears the user field isn't happening when Windows is shutting down. I'm not well-versed enough in Windows 7 or the Novell Client on Window...

Separting the User name from the Machine name in User.Identity.Name
string userNameWithMachineName = User.Identity.Name; string userNameWithoutMachineName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(userNameWithMachineName); HighOnCodingWanna get high! ...

Application User and still getting the logged in User Name
Hi I have a very intranet situation where User opens the Web Page Now here is calls a Database table where User Rights are stored But access to this database table is given to dbo and Application Uer which is created in IIS Server folder by clicking on Allow Anomymous Login=true when I try to run the Table Query and pass the USer Name I get null UserName how to deal with this situation   Thanks       so do you have anonymous access ON? try deny anonymous access to your application. Enable impersonation in your web.config./GuruBhai Hi, By default, ASP.N...

Groupwise user name in pace of first and last name
We meet a strange behaviour with groupwise client ( windows ) in caching mode. since we've chosen "caching mode", Return notification ( popup ) for tracking information display "groupwise username" in place of "first/last Name" Anyone experienced this case ? Thanks -- chabot49 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chabot49, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Query logged in user
First, the obliquity I am a newbie to ASP! I have Googled for while now but cannot seem find a solution to my problem. I am trying to display the details of the logged in user (UserName). Below is my code but nothing is displayed by the query. The Label ID="lblIdentity" does display the logged on users username correctly . Any help would be appreciated.   ASPX page…     <asp:Label ID="lblIdentity" runat="server" Style="z-index: 104; left: 14px; position: absolute;             top: 28px" Text="Label">...

display data for a particular logged in user (User.Identity.Name;)
hi, basically i have a database table with: fileNo, fileName, fileSize, fileType, fileOwner etc at the minute my grid view displays ALL files for every fileOwner, how does one filter this to only displaying the files which belong to a particular fileOwner who is logged in.. i.e. SELECT * FROM tblFile       WHERE fileOwner = (User.Identity.Name)         -   to show files for a user who is logged in   how does one do this please?   thanks and regards Hi,jules U can Do like thisI am assuming that ur ...

why loginName control can not display logged user name after a successful log in?
this question is related to the thread I posted before as: How to compile and publish my application which developed in VWD 2008 into website?  my project is create a website for user to submit their online request, in login page, there has a login control for user to login,if username and password are correct, main page appears, there has a loginName control to display logged user name. a few user account has been created in ASP.net web site administrator tools in VWD 2008. my problem is: in internet, if using http://localhost/myVirtualDir/login.aspx , ...

My user name is My.name@myemployer.ca but v2.0 imposes the erroneous user name My.name@exchange.Myemployer.ca if I declare
exchange.myemployer.ca as my STMP server. Would anyone know of any way to circumvent this behavior? thanks. Steve Steven Rytina wrote: > exchange.myemployer.ca as my STMP server. Would anyone know of any way to > circumvent this behavior? > > thanks. > > Steve > > > Please don't post the problem in the subject line. Its so long, most of us cannot see it and simply ignore. I suggest that you repost, and state the entire problem in the body of the message. Lee -- Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion The Champs...

Last user logged on
Hi, Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login screen and if possible the workstation tab? Chris. "Chris Gollner" <cgollner@sprusons.com.au> wrote in message news:YEH8c.9660$jb5.2656@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Hi, > > > Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login screen and if possible the workstation tab? > > > Chris. > Now you've got me going crazy trying to remember. There *is* a way, and it clears everything. You have to manually put the name ...

Web resources about - Last Logged In User Name missing - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Missing in Action (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Missing in Action is a 1984 action film directed by Joseph Zito and starring Chuck Norris . It is set in the context of the Vietnam War POW/MIA ...

Facebook Alerts Users To How Many Stories They’re Missing On News Feed
Facebook wants users to make sure they’re not missing anything on News Feed . Several users on the redesigned News Feed have started seeing notifications ...

Chronik-Fotos - Missing Kyron Horman - Facebook
A message from Kyron's Momma, Desiree. As I sit here in the silence of our home, my mind wanders to Kyron. I miss all of the giggles that have... ...

53 Local AMBER Alert Facebook Pages Will Post Missing Children Feed Updates
Facebook held a press conference today to announce the launch of 53 AMBER Alert Pages that will dispatch bulletins about missing children via ...

NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYPD Missing Persons @ NYPDMissing ...

Scripting News: The missing HTML 5 local storage FAQ.
First, thanks everyone for the enthusiasm and interest in Little Outliner . Yesterday's rollout could not have gone better, imho. It's great ...

More child sex charges for 'missing' man
A man who went missing after he was charged with child pornography offences is expected to face a dozen more charges.

Man missing in Sydney's Hawkesbury River
A MAN is missing, feared drowned in Sydney's Hawkesbury River.

Missing Toowoomba teen found, two still missing across Queensland
A missing Toowoomba teen was found safe on Monday afternoon, however two teenage boys remain missing in separate areas south of Brisbane.

SMBs are missing out on IP communications
Using IP communications can save businesses a lot of money, but new research suggests that smaller businesses may be missing out. Edgewater ...