Invalid file handle with W7 saving to Netware volume

Hi!
One of our users complain that he can't save files to Netware volume
from W7 Pro anymore. Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows (IR3). Yes, tried
at some point IR4, but there was another problem, so, went back to IR3
and so far so good. But, yes, now some file saving problem. Interesting
that he can save same file to another dir on same Netware volume. Could
be SP2 IR1 ok?
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

--
NovAlf

NovAlf

Definitely get a newer client. IMHO and limited experience anything
before Sp1 IR8 had big issues of various kinds. I am now at 2Sp2 IR1
and that seems to work here most of the time.
--
W. Prindl

NovAlf wrote:

>Hi!
>One of our users complain that he can't save files to Netware volume
>from W7 Pro anymore. Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows (IR3). Yes, tried
>at some point IR4, but there was another problem, so, went back to IR3
>and so far so good. But, yes, now some file saving problem.
>Interesting that he can save same file to another dir on same Netware
>volume. Could be SP2 IR1 ok?
>Any ideas?
>More thanks, Alar.
0
W_
2/28/2012 7:21:14 PM
Hi and thanks!
I tried on same problematic computer renewal via ACU, but ... it failed
on some unknown for me reason. On another W7 device ... no problem.
Can't find any log, neither option in Install.ini.
More thanks, Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735

0
NovAlf
3/1/2012 11:56:02 AM
Hi again!
Just got a feedback -- renewal client soft did solve the initial saving
problem. On one problematic deice I'd install client soft manually.
More thanks, Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
NovAlf
3/6/2012 12:06:02 PM
Hi!
Now I have a different problem:
http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/453327-problem-accessing-nw-volume-after-client-2-sp2-ir1.html.
Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
NovAlf
3/13/2012 12:06:02 PM
NovAlf;2181676 Wrote:
> Hi!
> Now I have a different problem:
> http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/453327-problem-accessing-nw-volume-after-client-2-sp2-ir1.html.
> Alar.

Please update to the newest Client - - Also is this a Traditional
NetWare Volume vs a NSS Volume?

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
eDirectory Management | DSRAZOR for eDirectory

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
leroyjjr
3/31/2012 6:16:02 PM
Hi and thanks!
Yes, IR2 did solve this problem.
http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/453327-problem-accessing-nw-volume-after-client-2-sp2-ir1.html
More thanks, Alar.

--
NovAlf
NovAlf's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=19735
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
NovAlf
4/1/2012 11:56:02 AM
Sorry. It is a NSS.
Alar.

--

NovAlf;2186679 Wrote:
> Hi and thanks!
> Yes, IR2 did solve this problem.
> http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/453327-problem-accessing-nw-volume-after-client-2-sp2-ir1.html
> More thanks, Alar.

Alar,
	You�re welcome.
Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
leroyjjr
4/2/2012 4:16:02 PM
NovAlf;2186681 Wrote:
> Sorry. It is a NSS.
> Alar.

Alar,
	Thanks for the update.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452718

0
leroyjjr

NetWare Volumes and XP Offline files
Is it possible to use the Windows XP Offline Files option to synchronize files on a laptop with files on a NetWare Volume? The "Make Available Offline" option does not seem to be an option when a directory is right- clicked on a NetWare volume but it is for an NTFS volume. Thanks Jamie From what you've said the answer would appear to be "no", as is. My guess is you'd need to connect to the NW server with CIFS for this to work, but you really need to ask MS about the limitations of their products. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Vol...

Problem Saving Files to Netware Volume
Hi, Running SUSE 11.0 on Novell Client 2.0 SP1, Netware 5.0 server. I am having trouble savings files to a Netware volume using various programs. Trying to save a PDF using Acrobat Reader, I get the following error: "The disk you were saving to ... is full." Tryng to open a file located on the Netware server using OpenOffice Writer, I have mixed results. I can open and save once or twice, but, at some point, for some reason, OO says that the file is opened for read only access! I am logged into the server as the admin, so I have unlimited R/W privileges, so its not...

Getting error -50 when saving files to NetWare volume
Arrgh... Installed NW65SP4a and NSSSP4b, and have found several issues... First, it did not want to let Mac users (running OSX) log in until they had deleted the persistent network server connection and re-establish it by entering the servers IP address... Next, it will not save files to a NSS Volume that has been working fine up until this point. The message "Sorry, the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error has occured. (Error code -50) This equates to the following Mac OSX error code - -50 paramErr Error in user parameter list Can anyo...

MS Office file corruption when saved on traditional Netware volume from a Vista workstation
Hi to all, There is a problem when saving MS Office files (.doc, .xls, .ppt..) from a Vista workstation on a traditional Netware volume (Netware 5.1 SP8). The Vista Workstation runs the Netware client for Vista 1.0 Update 4. The file becomes corrupted and can't be read again and the file size is increased (2Mb on the original file to 60Mb when saved on the Netware volume). The problem doesn't occur on the NSS volume which is on the same server. Thanks for any help on this subject. Thierry Le Floch I'd guess I'd move the data storage all over to an NSS vo...

The handle is invalid. (Accessing file, Netware 6.5/Win7/Client 32 2sp1ir3)
I'm having intermittent problems with some windows 7 machines against an Netware 6.5 SP8 box. They will receive "The handle is invalid" when attempting to access or create certain folders. I've checked the paths, they aren't too long. The closest thing I can find is: http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7006577&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=84202853&stateId=1%200%2084204322 That TID however mentions OES2 Linux and this is a Netware box.. Now other machines running windows 7 can ...

NetWare to NetWare file copy problem
Hello All, We are trying to copy files from a Netware 6.5 server (SP6) to a newer NetWare 6.5 (SP7) server. We are copying an entire volume, VOL1. The source server has a 33GB volume with about 4GB of free space. When we start the copy the disk space on the source server drops and eventually the copy stops when space on the source server runs out. The destination servers volume is 200GB, so I have no idea why the source server is running out of space. We are doing the copy from a Windows XP PC, and to me it looks like the Netware server is doing some type of caching but not ...

Disk is full error saving excel files to mapped volume on Netware 5.1 SP8e server
I have a number of XP SP3 and 2000 computers having a Disk is Full popup message saving only Excel files after a recent upgrade to Netware 5.1 SP8e from Netware 4.11 SP9 on a Proliant 3000 server. The users are logging into a Windows 2003 domain using a Novell Client v4.83.0.0 SP1. The users can save other files but can't save in Excel to the mapped volume. However, they can save locally with no problem. I have run vrepair on the volume with no errors. Try client32 4.83 sp3 + 483psp3_pka.exe -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://supp...

Data copy from a Netware 5.1 traditional volume to a Netware 6.5 NSS volume
I need to move about 245gig of data from a Netware 5.1 traditional volume to a Netware 6.5 NSS volume. We do not want to restore from tape. Running XCOPY from a new clean workstation will take 15 hours or so. Is there something faster? What about Netbasic? Are there limitations? <p3rf3ct10n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ev2Bh.636$rL6.624@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I need to move about 245gig of data from a Netware 5.1 traditional >volume > to a Netware 6.5 NSS volume. > We do not want to restore from tape. > Running XCOPY from a new clean workst...

ASE (Netware) to ASA (Netware) Sharing files
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. 1. How do you share files between Netware machines? 2. Is there something like ssremote.nlm? Description: We have a customer that wants to Replicate using SQL Remote between ASE on Netware and ASA on Netware. They want to use a file link for this. When you install SQL Remote for Adaptive Server Enterprise (from the SQL Anywhere Studio 6.02 CD) it does not ask you for the target platform. The message agent (ssremote) is installed as an exe. Does this mean that the message agent must run on a win32 machine? We have a customer ru...

Netware volume invalid? What next?
Volume APPS won't mount. Vrepair gives following message: WARNING:Volume APPS last segment ends at block 547036 instead of 824777 WARNING:Definition for sync 2 of Volume APPS removed WARNING:Definition for volume APPS is invalid Is there any way to save this volume. Please help. Thank you! Does the APPS volume span 2 or more disks or volume segments? If so, the last disk or segment is not online! I hope you have a fresh backup. <tripletree@mail.com> wrote in message news:r5cLb.8775$VM1.656@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Volume APPS won't mount. ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

unable to mount the netware 6 cd as a netware volume??
Has anyone seen this error before, tried drivers, swapped CD drive, different CDs etc no joy, any help gratefully received. > Has anyone seen this error before, tried drivers, swapped CD drive, > different CDs etc no joy, any help gratefully received. Have you loaded the CDRom NLM? Do you have the underlaying drivers loaded (idecd, scsicd, etc)? -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sysop Remember: "Whether you think you can do something or you think you cannot, you are probably right." All opinion...

Unable to mount the Netware 6 CD as a Netware volumes
I was installing the Netware 6x Small Business Edition and received the following message after the scsi, nic drivers are loaded and it attempts to install the OS - "Unable to mount the the Netware 6 CD as a Netware volume. Using a ide cdrom to install. Any help appreciated. Thanks Paul > I was installing the Netware 6x Small Business Edition and received the > following message after the scsi, nic drivers are loaded and it attempts to > install the OS - "Unable to mount the the Netware 6 CD as a Netware volume. > Using a ide cdrom to ...

Netware 6.5 & Netware 5 Volumes
I currently have a Netware 5 server with Sys on a local disk and a Netware 5 volume (Data) on a external Raid 5 enclosure through a Adaptec 2940U2W adapter holding just my data. I am replacing the old server & installing a new Netware 6.5 server with the sys volume on a local Raid 5 stack. ?Question - Can I install the Adaptec 2940U2W with the proper drivers and expect to see and mount the old Netware 5 Data Volume Yes, however there has been a problem that has been recently identified that if this volume is not present when the server is installed, it can be deleted if the...

Web resources about - Invalid file handle with W7 saving to Netware volume - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Invalids' Cemetery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in 1748 to provide burial grounds for those veterans wounded in the War of the Austrian Succession , who inhabited a nearby hostel ( Invalidenhaus ...

Facebook Has 1.15B Monthly Active Users, But How Many Are Invalid?
Facebook may have reported 1.15 billion monthly active users in its second-quarter earnings report Wednesday, but as of Dec. 31, 2012, approximately ...

Fresh Electoral Commission controversy as 75 WA Senate votes declared invalid
... Western Australian Senate re-election has been hit by a new controversy, with 75 pre-poll votes cast at a nursing home this week declared invalid. ...

Court rules ASIO risk assessment invalid
Court rules ASIO risk assessment invalid

High Court rules ASIO powers on refugee decisions are invalid
High Court rules ASIO powers on refugee decisions are invalid

Man spits in bus driver's face after trying to use invalid ticket
Police are searching for a man that spat in the face of a Transperth bus driver in November.

Thai election ruled invalid
The Guardian Thai election ruled invalid The Australian THAILAND'S Constitutional Court ruled yesterday that a general election held last ...

WA resource projects at risk of invalid EPA approvals
Twenty-five projects, including 'significant resource projects' which were given environmental approval in the past may be found invalid if challenged, ...

Thailand Constitutional Court rules February general election was invalid
Thailand's political crisis has deepened after the nation's highest court ruled last month's general election was not valid.

Private deals between US, Japan concerning Diaoyu Islands "invalid": Chinese FM
People's Daily Online Private deals between US, Japan concerning Diaoyu Islands "invalid": Chinese FM People's Daily Online BEIJING,July10( ...