Interrupt Netware Client login?

Would anyone know of a way to interrupt the Netware Client login
process?

For example, you type in a username or password and hit OK, and you
immediately realize you typed in something wrong.  The Netware client
tries for about a minute, two minutes to log in...which is obviously
unsuccessful.

Is there a keystroke (like a CTRL-BREAK) or some other method to
interrupt the login?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice!

--
dlnrdpo

dlnrdpo

dlnrdpo wrote:

> Is there a keystroke (like a CTRL-BREAK) or some other method to
> interrupt the login?

No. But you can lower the timeouts in the client settings.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
Massimo Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> dlnrdpo wrote:
> >
> > Is there a keystroke (like a CTRL-BREAK) or some other method to
> > interrupt the login?
>
> No. But you can lower the timeouts in the client settings.

which setting(s) would relate to this?

-sk
0
Sami

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

MS Client comes up before Netware client login
MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client. Any ideals? Do any of these TIDs help? 10086499 10099762 -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop ...

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

ZCM login fails
I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649 eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws xp and eDir. Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect." I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID 3273870 - no success - I just cannot logi...

Netware Client Login
I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded on a workstation. The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the network and brongs the login screen to the desktop. But when login is attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears. Manual entry of the proper path does no good. What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem? Setup DHCP to hand out the IP-Numbers of a server that holds Replica of your Users, and setup the Client under DHCP Settings to use server with binary data. Quick check......

Netware client not seeing new NW6 tree in login client
Hi everyone. I have a small tech lab, and had two NW servers running merely for training purposes. A 5.1 box and 6 box. Both ran fine and saw each other, etc.... I downed the 5.1 box and wiped the 6 box with a fresh install. All went well, created new NDS tree.....now on the client XP and 2KPRO, the netware client login app cannot find the new NDS tree on the freshly installed NW6 box, and the windows login fails too, all I can do is log in locally to the work station. What did I miss here? I checked the properties of the client app, wiped out any set preferences for the...

Microsoft Netware client with Netware 6.5?
Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a Netware 6.5 system? I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get network errors. I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if Netware 6.5 still supports it? Thanks Andrew ajfarmer@purac.co.uk wrote: > Should the built in Netware Client in Windows XP still work with a > Netware 6.5 system? > I am trying to use it to connect a PC to our Netware server and just get > network errors. > I assume the Microsoft client uses IPX and I wasn't sure if N...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

Web resources about - Interrupt Netware Client login? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Interrupt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about computer interrupts. For the study of the effect of disruptions on job performance, see Interruption science . For other ...

Latino Youth Interrupt President Obama Speech to Protest His One Million Deportations, Including Many ...
Presente.org hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Latino Youth Interrupt President Obama Speech to Protest His One Million Deportations, Including Many ...

Kane interrupts Triple H: Raw, April 20, 2015 - YouTube
WWE’s Director of Operations has a lot to get off his chest. See FULL episodes of Raw on WWE NETWORK: http://bit.ly/1wJ13X0 Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE: ...

North Queensland Cowboys interrupt NSW Blues training to ask James Tamou to jeopardise NSW Blues position ...
... wanted NSW prop James Tamou to risk missing Origin to beat his dangerous contact charge. NSW's first training session on Wednesday was interrupted ...

Roxy Jacenko refuses to let husband Oliver Curtis being committed to trial interrupt her book launch
In trademark style the show went on for PR supremo Roxy Jacenko on Tuesday as she hosted her Sydney book launch on the same day husband, investment ...

Anti-Putin diatribe interrupts Russian evening news, slipped on air by disgruntled employee
A Russian television channel has accidentally interrupted its evening news show with a doom-laden report of evils committed by Russian President ...

Rising Tide protesters interrupt first day of new coal loader operation
NEWCASTLE's new third coal-loader hit another milestone yesterday when the first ship tied up at the new Kooragang Island berth but the arrival ...

Power line issue may interrupt train services until Friday
Power line issue may interrupt train services until Friday

Syrian crisis interrupts election campaign
In the final weeks of an election campaign, Australia will have a pivotal role to play in the United Nations response to apparent chemical weapon ...

Ringtone interrupts, violist plays along
Remember the story from earlier this month of the “iPhone that stopped the “New York Philharmonic” ? It has happened again but with much more ...