ica client and local Client drive mapping

we have ps 4.5 server running with the actual netware client.
ica client drive mapping works if we login workstation only. if we
activate the login to edir and run the login scripts the drive mapping of
ica are not executed.
0
netman

netman,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Mapping a clients drive to other clients?
I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this newsgroup I should post my question? "Graham Compagnoni" <yarmak@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in news:E7Hpb.3195$5N5.428@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this > newsgroup I should post my question? Graham, assuming you are trying to do this with the Netware client, not Groupwise, try: novell.support.os.client.winnt-2k-xp or the corresonding group for the Win9x client. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer ...

Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1
I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine mapping drives. I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will not map any drives for ANY client. Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy of xp). Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there something real...

Windows XP client not mapping drives
Ok, I have several Windows XP Pro clients running Netware client 4.9sp1a. This is a Netware 6 SBS environment. I login into our production server and get drive mappings like I am supposed to but it won't map drives to a second server that I have in my tree. I thought initially it was a licensing issue but all of my windows 98 workstations map to this 2nd server just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base that can send me in the right direction. Per looking at other posts in this forum I did remove NMAS and this did not seem to help. Does anyone have any exper...

drive map error on XP client
My network is a bit behind the times but it has served me well. I'm adding my first XP client today and most of my login script is working except for one which returns the error: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed [ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN] The error code was 8804 This mapping works: if member of "FSGROUP" then MAP ROOT M:=FS\VOL1:FS MAP ROOT Q:=FS\VOL2:QADEPT endif While this one doesn't: if member of "Admins" then MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN else MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\%LOGIN_NAME endif Can anybody tell...

Windows XP client not mapping drives #2
Ok, I have several Windows XP Pro clients running Netware client 4.9sp1a. This is a Netware 6 SBS environment. I login into our production server and get drive mappings like I am supposed to but it won't map drives to a second server that I have in my tree. I thought initially it was a licensing issue but all of my windows 98 workstations map to this 2nd server just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base that can send me in the right direction. Per looking at other posts in this forum I did remove NMAS and this did not seem to help. Does anyone have any exper...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Server 2003
Hi guys, Just wondering if Novell has released a specific client for Server 2003. On the download page I am noticing the clients for 2000/XP/98 etc... Also wondering if anyone has had any problems or issues running clients on server 2003 or can provide any guidelines. I am experiencing slow access to mapped drives and am wondering if this is related Cheers, Pls post in the client32 forum, thx. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are...

MS Client for Netware cannot map drive to NW 5.1 server
I am stuck, and dont know if this right forum. I have a NW 5.1 server with sp 6, we are still using IP and IPX The MS client can map to all other 5.1 server fine, but this one particular server it cannot find it. I know MS client only uses IPX but stuck on what it could be. It is an XP pro machine with SP2, firewall turned off. Thanks For better support in this forum, I suggest installing Novell Client on that machine. We don't use the Microsoft Client so trying to duplicate your problem is very hard. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (N...

NW5.1 XP client slow mapped network drive access
When initially accessesing drives using XP client 4.9sp2 the drives take 20 seconds to show contents. things tried so far are.... MS KB article 171386 Changing the provider order to list NW client first. ?? Jfarr, Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NICI, etc.)? Is the client installed IP, IPX or both? Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Was Windows installed from scratch, a custom image, or an OEM image? Event Viewer logs showing anything unusual? Can you verify if its security or any other driver-based...

Win XP Pro, ThinkPad A31, Client 4.83 SP3, drive mappings disappear
I have one computer, a ThinkPad A31 with an integrated NIC, running XP Pro and Novell Client 4.83 SP3, and a single 4.11 server. After login, everything seems fine, but as soon as an app is opened over the network (such as our in house database), the connections are lost. The drive letters are still visible, but when you select one, the client doesn't "see" the drive. I have tried: Updating the client (I have avoided 4.9 because it runs extremely slow on our server, another issue entirely that I'm not prepared to attack at this time.) Updating NIC driv...

4.9 sp1 client not mapping drives on XP Pro also pops up the workstation login
I am having 2 problems with the 4.9 sp1 client. On a new PC with JUST XP loaded I installed the client with a custom install. All defaults were chosen execpt it uses just IPX for the protocal. A XP profile is created with the same user name and password as the novell login with administrator access. The first problem happens when logging in. When I log in to Novell it then pops up the workstation login every time it is booted. Other machines at the location, some running the same client do not do this. Once the pc is logged on, the drive mappings from the log on script are ...

Client 4.91/SP2
hi, Update agent will run from Mapped Network Drive under Widows 2000 but not from Windows XP workstations. Message appears "no update found" Thank You for any help REGARDS Klaus Tillenburg I think Novell recommends using UNC paths with the update agent. XP is more secure than 2000 in the user vs. system respect. As such trying to get some system-level processes to use attributes from the user space doesn't work. -- Tony Pedretti > I think Novell recommends using UNC paths with the update agent. > XP is more secure than 2000 in the use...

Client not mapping drives...
I apologize in advance if I do not include as much information as would be appreciated. However, I will explain what is going on the best I can.. We are seeing quite a few systems all of the sudden not mapping the drives on login. This is happening with various versions of the client. It is happening mainly on XP systems that we've seen so far. The login script comes up but it appears as if stops right before it gets to the point where it should be mapping the drives. It is not displaying any errors either. Once in Windows, we are able to manually map drives without a proble...

Web resources about - ica client and local Client drive mapping - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Value stream mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Identify the target product family or service. Create a charter, define the problem, set the goals and objectives, and select the mapping team. ...

Business Mapping API
If your business operates multiple apps, the Business Mapping API lets you map the same person's user ID across them.

Mapping Facebook’s Recent Global Growth Versus Rivals
Facebook is gaining on most of its competitors, according to another look at social networking around the world. We regularly cover the service’s ...

Mobile Developer (Android), HERE Crowd Mapping at HERE, a Nokia business in Frankfurt , Schwalbach or ...
The Community Mapping product team in the HERE Core Platform Group (CPG) is looking for a passionate and experienced mobile app developer to ...

iMindQ Lite (mind mapping) - Free Brainstorming app on the App Store on iTunes
Get iMindQ Lite (mind mapping) - Free Brainstorming app on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Audi, BMW, Daimler close on Nokia's mapping business
... BMW , Mercedes-Benz , Technology With regulatory approval obtained, a coalition made up of Audi, BMW, and Daimler has taken over the HERE mapping ...

More on mapping
From yesterday’s post concerning a very odd mapping of an auto-renewal option from what looked like a Gold plan to a Bronze plan, I was confused ...

Here's why Seattle needs to listen to innovators when mapping its future
Seattle is working on a plan to manage growth throughout the next two decades, but are officials doing enough grasp what the city will be like ...

Google Faces New Round of EU Probing Over Android Mapping Apps
Google faces a fresh round of European Union questions about its Android operating system for mobile devices as regulators quizzed rivals and ...

Interactive Mapping Tool Shows Effects Of Volkswagen Diesel Scandal In California
An interactive mapping tool shows the effects of the Volkswagen diesel scandal on populations across California. The interactive map suggests ...