How to configure Network Provider Order (Windows 7)

Hello,

we use NC 2 sp1 ir9 on our windows 7 clients.

after installing the nc in the provider order on (network->network and
sharing center -> manage net con. ->advanced settings-> provider order)

Netware Services is listed as the first provider.

Some of our clients (other site) experience a strange problem:
If they directly login after boot, sometimes tree cannot be found. Now
they login locally at the workstation and use the red "N" for a novell
login - then everything is fine and they get their drives.

3 Questions:

a) Is this a known problem and what is the solution?
b) Does this have something to do with the provider order? We have read
many sources on this, some say that microsoft should come first in the
list of providers and some say netware services should come first.
c) Although the Directory Agents are manually configures traces show
that the client still tries to find the DA over Multicast. How can we
turn off multicast search for slp?

thx,
hugo

--
susehoush

susehoush

Try This...........
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2421599

Apparently, This can impact many items beyond just GPs.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0
craig
4/3/2012 1:33:01 PM
Sorry,

but can u explain what this has to do with the 3 questions?

--
susehoush
susehoush's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75757

0
susehoush

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

Network Provider Order on XP SP2
Hi All I'm having a problem with a single workstation, no matter what I try (change registry, reinstall client), it shows the Windows Client as a higher priority than the Novell Client. I can't change the order in Network -> Advanced, the buttons are greyed out. Any ideas? -- /fribse This can be changed by manually editing the registry.................... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order\ProviderOrder. "NetwareGuy" <fribse2004@yahoo.dk> wrote in message news:bL5rh.1402$Sz4.1371@prv-forum2.provo.nov...

Windows 7 like network resource monitoring tool for XP
I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphically shows network activity on my XP workstation, and the associated process/exe with real time update. If you have not seen it yet, Windows 7 resource monitoring tool is excellent for this. I searched linkfarm and Securitynow show notes, but I cant seem to remember the tool that was mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. In article <h31a94$1emg$1@news.grc.com>, on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:16:51 -0700, Tighe wrote: | I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphicall...

Configuring an Windows XP client with a Netware 4.2 server
I am somewhat new to Novell. I have to set up an employee's new computer and configure it to have access to our Novell server. The new computer is running Win XP Pro. The only client version we have is for win 95/98. I need to know how to set everything up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Download the Novell Client for XP from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Since you are working with a 4.x server -- I'd go with the 4.83 client: > Where can I download full 4.83SP...

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the program. In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with windows XP when I run the command dw_1.update() I get a...

Network Adapter Drivers for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP and Windows Server* 2003
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=4275&strOSs=OSFullName=&lang=eng or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ntk46 Installs base drivers, Intel� PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, and Advanced Networking Services (ANS) for Intel� network adapters for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP, and Windows Server* 2003. Download the self-extracting archive and run it. When you run it, it will extract the files to a temporary directory, run the installation wizard, and remove the temporary files when the installation is complet...

Windows XP & Netware 4.2 Network Printer Captures
Printer capture settings drop off (disappear as though an End Cap was issued) after the first print job on our Windows XP computers. Is this a Windows XP or Client 32 problem? Is there a workaround or fix? This didn't happen on Windows 98se. Server: Netware 4.2 SFT3 Workstation: Windows XP Professional sp 1 Client32: 4.83sp3 Thanks, Larry These DOS print jobs? -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com Yes, they are DOS print jobs. S/ Larry Dave Lunn wrote: > These DOS print jobs? Geeze this is getting old. XP really doesn&#...

Windows 7 like network resource monitoring tool for XP #2
I know it was mentioned in an episode of past...a tool that graphically shows network activity on my XP workstation, and the associated process/exe with real time update. If you have not seen it yet, Windows 7 resource monitoring tool is excellent for this. I searched linkfarm and Securitynow show notes, but I cant seem to remember the tool that was mentioned. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

How to Configure Windows XP SP2 Network Protection Technologies on a Single Computer
followup to grc.techtalk How to Configure Windows XP SP2 Network Protection Technologies on a Single Computer http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/smallbusiness/prodtech/windowsxp/protsing.mspx *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Published: December 10, 2004 This document helps you set up the network protection features of Windows XP Professional SP2 and Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on a single computer. *********************************************************** Unquote ********...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en -- Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED. Retired wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en > From the release notes: Why Version 5.7? The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version increase does not indicate significant new f...

Security Permissions for Printer on Windows XP and Windows 7
Hello, We are a big company with a lot of Iprint Netware servers at every location. We are at the testing phase where we will be creating the new OES Iprint server for every location running on SUSE LINUX. I am almost done with the Iprint configuration at every location. When I install the driver from IPP page of the server, installation goes great for Win 7 64 bit but when I go to Devices and Printers - Properties of the Printer - Security Tab. I see Everyone, Creator Owner, Administrators and Power users user group can Print, Manage Printer, Manager Documents so in short all of ...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

Web resources about - How to configure Network Provider Order (Windows 7) - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Cydia Tweak: How To Configure A Touch ID Grace Period For Your iPhone 5s
... Into A Paid Subscription , and Facebook’s Paper Launches In The App Store, Brings A More Elegant News Feed To iOS . Cydia Tweak: How To Configure ...

Configure - Apple
Get free shipping on iMac with Retina 5K display from the Apple Online Store. It packs 14.7 million pixels into its 27-inch display, and it features ...

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Configure Bots to Perform Continuous Integrations
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features.

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Time to configure your McLaren 650S
Filed under: Car Buying , Convertible , Coupe , Performance , McLaren If you're like us, Friday afternoons are the bane of your existence - ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...