Fast user change in XP and Netware

Well
I have uninstalled the netware client under XP so I wanted to use the "fast
user change".
Th fact is that the system crashed when unistalling and now  I can not use
this option nor unistalling netware client as I cant find it
I tried to install it again and uninstalling after but the system hangs
Anyone knows how I have to do to unistall netware client from my Xp?
Any tool?
Any change in "regedit"?
Thansk in advance...

0
Newbie

newbie,

Any Microsoft, Novell, or other third-party GINA (network client) being
installed will disable the XP Welcome screen which is needed for fast user
switching...

Windows Fast User Switching disabled after installing the Novell client
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10066298.htm

If the following TIDs don't help, you may be having an issue with Windows
networking on that box.  I've seen a few unusual networking issues resolved
by uninstalling all available network clients and services and reinstalling
them so you might consider it.  I've also seen some fixed just by reapplying
the latest Windows service pack or running check disk.

Remove the Novell Client from Windows NT/2000/XP
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013922.htm

Uninstalling the Novell Client
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10067580.htm

I've used these free utilities in the past to help troubleshoot and they can
tell you wonders about what is really going on with Windows...

AutoRuns, Process Explorer, Filemon, Regmon, LoadOrder, TCPView, and TDImon
http://www.sysinternals.com/

DriverView, ServiWin, AdapterWatch, and WinLister
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/

--
Tony Pedretti

0
Tony

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Netware login different users to XP Pro Wkstn
Just for those also searching for the right solution that worked for me... Thought I would pass on what I found. I have some XP Pro stations that will be used by possibly anyone from our Netware 6 system and wanted different profiles for each user and also wanted it to automatically login to their specific XP Profile immediately after logging into Novell. It seems like it should be an easy task to sync or pass on the logon names and passwords to the Windows logon process, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. The problem was that every time a user logs into Novell, it wan...

Creating Roaming Profiles for 2K and XP with no domain (for netware users)
We are currently running Netware 5.0 with a variety of win2k and winXP workstations. Our current configuration has a local account set up on every workstation for the user who normally uses that computer. I'd quite like for my users to be able to go to any computer on the network and log in. Is there a way in a non-domain environment for me to set up something simlar to "roaming profiles" that can be pulled from the netware server when a person logs in? I've tried looking in the knowledgebase, but haven't found what I am looking for. If it is there, and I...

netware 6, XP workstation loses connection when switching users
Netware 6 server, 4.9 client on XP workstation. When someone logs out and a new user logs in to workstation, the connection is lost to the Netware 6 server. Other connections to other servers are kept. A reboot of the workstation brings back the connection. Any ideas? When someone logs out from a NW server, which happens automatically when they log off the PC, the user's licensed connection is indeed terminated, by design. Usually the PC would still have a not-logged-in connection to that server, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't, when the next user logs in it should ...

single XP local profile / multiple Netware users password problem
Hey. I'm using NW5.1 here and I've been having this problem lately : I needed to create some new accounts, where the client would ask the user to chose its password at first login. This was no problem with win9x. It creates a local profiles with the same username as the NW account and everything's fine. Now with XP, I need everyone to use the same local profile on any given computer (for example, everyone logging onto "Workstation1" will use the "WS1" local profile). The problem is that the client seems to automatically make the NW account's password ...

New Windows XP Client / Old 5 user Netware 4.1
New Windows XP client connects and logs into old 5 user netware 4.1 server using Microsoft Network but refuses to find or log into same server using Novell Netware program. Why???????????? Will it be necessary to upgrade to server to accomodate the new client, or is there a patch, etc. that will allow this connection?? How is Microsoft able to make this connection without upgrading the server, etc???? When I purchased Novell 4.1, it was with the understanding that new clients will be able to connect. Is seems grossly unfair to require additional cost for new product now tha...

Migrate Netware 6 users to Netware 6
I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Dave. David, > I am setting up a new Netware 6 server replacing our old hardware. I have > alredy installed and have the new server running. All I need is to be able > to copy the existing instructor accounts over. Is there an easy way to do > this? > The migration wizard. Download from Novell. Read the manual. - An...

changing netware 5 to netware 6 ndps
Hi, We are changing our server from netware 5.0 with ndps to netware 6.0 with ndps Both servers are on a seperate networks at the moment while testing. We are using the same ipx address but different ip addresses. All the tree structure is the same and print que's located in the same locations. The problem is. If I login to the current server and setup a printer in Windows, then logout and login to the new server that is in testing. Windows fails to connect to the printer. Both servers have the same netware server name too. We would like to be able to change servers tomorro...

legacy netware users from netware 4 days
Anyone come across some users who cannot login to the agent ? Other users on same machines function fine ! Make sure the "other name" field is not filled in. That can mess with LDAP lookups for that user since it is giving the user an additional CN. -- Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own. These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human. <phoenix@rise.net.au> wrote in message news:Ag2Fk.1...

changing user rights on XP
Well, I've had it with my son and his installing spyware type of software on "my computer". I am running XP Pro and I should be able to change the user profiles, but am having no clear luck in how to do this. A google search was confusing at best. Where do I start? Can I change the user profile to do this or do I have to create a new group (i.e. "restricted user")? Thanks in advance ( I refuse to use the acronym TIA, it gives me chills :( ) Pete -- ******************************************************* The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Commi...

Change User on XP Pro
I'm not sure if this is a Novell or MS issue, I'm guessing MS, but they're no help as usual, so I thought I'd ask here. I have a WinXP Pro SP1 laptop that went to someone else. Instead of recreating a user on there & having to set it all up again, I just used XP's rename user thing to change the username. For some reason it will log into the computer when it's on the network here using the new username, NW5.0SP6a, but when you do workstation only you have to use the old username! Any ideas on why this is & how to fix it? Thanks! -- ...

XP Client and NetWare 5
Hi, all. Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? Thanks -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ The latest, version 4.91 with SP2. Try earlier versions only if you have specific issues with this one. There are also a few post-SP2 patches available you might try in case of any such issues. Gerald Reynolds Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, all. > Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and > NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? > > Thanks > ...

Web resources about - Fast user change in XP and Netware - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ