Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.

Hi,
    I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9
SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using
imagecast so they should all be the same.  However after a while we are
starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in
lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally.
It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which
is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this
is the issue.

has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

i've seen similar reports of problems but with no solution.

Regards
Colin Hickey.

0
Colin

Hi Colin,
have you changed the SID of Windows or the WS Name after the Image? You
wrote that all clients are now the same. So their must also be the WS Name
the same...
I think it could cause your Problem.
regards christian

"Colin Hickey" <chickey@osg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>     I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9
> SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using
> imagecast so they should all be the same.  However after a while we are
> starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in
> lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes
occasionally.
> It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up
which
> is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that
this
> is the issue.
>
> has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
>
> i've seen similar reports of problems but with no solution.
>
> Regards
> Colin Hickey.

0
Christian
4/4/2005 8:44:12 PM
Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Yeah the SID should be changed on all the machines after it's imaged up by
imagecast.  As part of the rollout we changed all machine names as well so
they should be unique.  I found an option in XP yesterday called DEP which
is meant to protect your machine from processes having memory leaks/causing
issues etc so i've switched this off for some of the apps we were having
issues with.  I'll let you know if it solves it.

Colin.

"Christian Mies" <cmies@gneTAKE_THIS_OUT.de> wrote in message
> Hi Colin,
> have you changed the SID of Windows or the WS Name after the Image? You
> wrote that all clients are now the same. So their must also be the WS Name
> the same...
> I think it could cause your Problem.
> regards christian
>
> "Colin Hickey" <chickey@osg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi,
>>     I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client
>> 4.9
>> SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using
>> imagecast so they should all be the same.  However after a while we are
>> starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working
>> in
>> lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes
> occasionally.
>> It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up
> which
>> is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that
> this
>> is the issue.
>>
>> has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
>>
>> i've seen similar reports of problems but with no solution.
>>
>> Regards
>> Colin Hickey.

0
Colin

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

XP SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2
Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX 280 straight out of the box. No antivirus software installed. XP factory installed. Installed XP SP2 . PC running fine until I installed Client 4.9 SP2. I suggest to perform a clean WinXP install. Get drivers directly from chip maker (not Dell). Then try to custom install NC. Later apply WinXP SP2 to see what happens. <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:s5W8d.1977$Bo1.1957@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Anyone else getting a BSOD with this config. The PC is a DELL Optiplex GX > 280 stra...

Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP
I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I need to upgrade them Windows XP. I ran the upgrade on one PC and during the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load several programs or files from the Novell CD. I know all these files are already on the computer. Is there a way to not have to manually tell the install to look for all these files? We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os upgrade. we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after the upgrade use the windows clie...

Win XP SP2 / Client 4.9 SP2
Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? What is "Windows XP SP2"? Where can I get it? ;-) <dnowak@robinsonknife.com> wrote in message news:ixUJc.4547$gg.2326@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? Yes -- there are some post SP2 updates to the 4.9 client -- they are not 'full release' yet but might be of use here as well. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop dnowak, I've bee...

Login Fails on Windows XP SP2 and 4.9 SP2
After installing a fresh copy of WinXP Pro SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2 my systems all take between 2 to 5 minutes to login or comeback with a 'failed to find tree would you like to login to windows' message. When I click no on the error message then hit ok to login again it logs in immediately. I have noticed that if I start the computer and leave it at the login window for 10 minutes it will login immediately no problems. Has anyone had this problem and can they tell me how to fix it? Matthew System Specs Windows XP Pro SP2 Client 4.9 SP2 Symantec Client Security ...

Client 4.9 sp2 for windows XP
Am I alone in finding that I cannot upgrade from Client 4.83Sp3 to 4.9 Sp2? When I click the ACU.exe I am asked if I want to upgrade. I say yes and then it says that it cannot find NWlangid.dll error 126 I have tried with the files on a folder on the server and also on the client machine. I have downloaded, litterally 100's of patches before (for Netware 5.1) and Clients for the older client machines running Win 98 and ME and never had this problem before. Had no problem upgrading 4.83 sp1 to Sp3 either. any ideas would be appreciated. regards Bernard Mocatta...

Win XP sp2 & NW client 4.9 sp2
I have taken the plunge and installed windows XP sp2, only to find that the 4.9 sp2 client now copies the netware username to the windows username, regardless of the client property setting. Has anyone seen this yet or have a way of stopping this ? Thanks Emma Emma, Interesting. Have not seen that on boxes with the same setup. In Windows XP Group Policy, the following policy exists... Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Interactive logon: Do not display last user name What is it set to? Got the previous line fro...

4.9 SP2 & Windows XP SP2 intermittentLogin Trouble
We are expericing login trouble at a random interval that makes no sense at all. After Service Pack 2 was installed on XP computers we have developed login trouble. Whenever a user experiences an minor error, Add/Removes a program, changes a printer, or sometimes nothing at all, will cause the computer to be unable to login to Netware 6.5 server. This is happening to many different computers to be a fluke. The only fix that seems to work is shutdown the computer for 10 - 15 mins, and boot up again and try to login. Sometimes it make take 15 tries before logging in. We...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Client 4.90 sp2 and XP sp2
I have a few XP workstations with sp2 and the firewall set to "on". A few of my workstations are having problems with seeing the NDS tree. They will be able to login in but after a minute when windows loads everything - they are not able to access anything on the novell network. We can see the mapped drives but as soon as we click on it - it says it is not available. We try to login again and we will receive an error message that it cannot find the tree when we click on the context. This will happen intermittenly and can kick them off at any moment. It only happ...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

XP Pro client 4.83 sp2 or 4.9 sp1a
2 New Dell 5100 laptop's. tried to load the novell client 4.83 sp2 on both of them. One works great. the other I get the novell login screen and try to login for first time. I select the browse button for the tree and it comes up with the tree and I select the tree, I then select the browse button for the server and it comes up with the error 'Cannot access tree "AAA"' where "AAA" is my tree name. I blank out the field where the tree is listed and then I select the browse button for the server. It comes up with the correct server, So I select the s...