Error updating 4.90 client to 4.91 SP2

We are having this issue only on our lab systems where the local account
is volatile.  When upgrading the client on these systems, and then the
subsequent reboot, we get an error

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Document... blah blah.. \Temp\nwlocal.exe'.
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Is there something this update does upon reboot that it requires that
executable?

Bob
rdbair

Nwlocal.exe is launched after the reboot if you have specified that you want
to delete the local copy of the Client install files.

<3w9rg.3009$6c7.991@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <rdbair@uncc.edu>
wrote:
> We are having this issue only on our lab systems where the local account
> is volatile.  When upgrading the client on these systems, and then the
> subsequent reboot, we get an error
>
> "Windows cannot find 'C:\Document... blah blah.. \Temp\nwlocal.exe'.
> Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
>
> Is there something this update does upon reboot that it requires that
> executable?
>
> Bob
> University of North Carolina at Charlotte
0
Ken

Client 4.90 SP2 (update D) VS Beta client 4.91
Hi, I have problems opening/closing the same Ms Access database many times in a row. My workstation have WIN XP SP1 and Client 4.90 SP2 Once trying to install beta client 4.91, the problem disappear. (With client 4.83 SP1, the problem isn't present neither..) Anyone know what's the difference with Ms Access file handling between those two client version? Client 4.90 SP2 is validate in our environment for ZFd, IDM2 password synchronization...so I don't really want to upgrade all my clients! Does anyone know a good fix? Regards, Maurice file Caching enable...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

clients 4.90 4.91 and 4.91 with sp1beta problems.
I have posted information about a problem in another section. I will paste them in here now as I believe that theproblem I am having is totally related to clients other than 4.83 sp1. That old client appears to be the only one that works the way it should for the Autocad program when files are on a 6.5 server. If the files are on older servers, then the newer clients also work. Forum/Group: novell.support.netware.6x.install-upgrade Subject: quirk Author: Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:37:51 UTC Just finished installing a new 6.5 server. Experimented with novell 5.1 ...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Upgrading from the 4.90 to 4.91 sp2 client
Best practices regarding upgrading from the 4.90 client to the 4.91sp2 client. Is it better to completely remove the 4.90 client, then install the 4.91 client? Or is is just as good of an option to simpling install the 4.91sp2 client on a workstation that still has the 4.90 client on it? Unless your 4.90 installation is seriously corrupted, there is no reason why a simple upgrade wouldn't work. At our site, we always do simple upgrades by automatically installing the new version over the old one without removal and we never had problems with that. -- Marcel Cox (using Xana...

Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11
I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11 Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame typ...

Unable to Create Shortcuts with Netware Client 4.90 and 4.91
Just installed several Gateway E-Series 4300 computers with Windows Xp, SP2 on my Netware 5.1 network. Added the Windows Client for Netware so I could map a drive to my servers. Tried creating a new shortcut on the desktop using the "right-click, New/Shortcut" procedure. Everything worked fine. After I installed the Netware 4.91 client, the computer locks when I click on "New". Only way to get out is to reboot or LogOff. Tried installing the 4.90 client with SP2, but got the same result. Seem to recall a similar problem with W2k machines and the 4.90 clien...

Unable to Create Shortcuts with Netware Client 4.90 and 4.91 #2
Posted this problem last week, but seem to have lost my thread to the solution. Please bare with me. To review: I've installed both the 4.90, SP2 and 4.91 clients on separate computers now. These are new Gateway E-4300 machines with Windows Xp, SP2 installed. Neither client will allow me to create shortcuts on the desktop. Before I install the Novell client, the Windows Client for Novell allows me to create shortcuts. Had this same problem with Windows 2000, but SP2 to the 4.90 client seemed to fix it. Now I'm encountering the same problem with Win Xp. In an earlie...

Client 4.91 install error and XP SP2
I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following error when the install should finish. An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: Novell client for windows. I haven't found any documentation on this. Any ideas woule be helpful. Thanks, Eric Kaufmann kaufmann@slu.edu wrote: > I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following > error when the install should finish. > > An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing: > Novell client for windows. > > I haven't found any documen...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP and Netware 4.11 / NWADMIN does not start
Hello. I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32). NWADMN95 works. NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32) still works from an old W2K client. I tried the W2K compatability mode, but not success. No error message, just nothing happens after doubleclick on NWADMIN32. Thanks for help, Michael Michael, > I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were > W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start N...

dropped connections for XP and client 4.90 SP2 (update)
Hello, I had posted early last week about a problem with losing connections to a novell 6 server from an XP workstation after moving to client 4.9 sp2. I tried a variety of things (including post SP2 patches and rolling back to client 4.83 SP1 and every client and patch combo in between). Unfortunately, nothing worked. I even tried mapping with CIFS instead and the problem continued. The problem doesn't appear in all machines with XP and SP2, but it has occurred in quite a few (one is too many when the user is screaming and you can't tell him/her what's broken...

Client 4.90 sp2 and XP sp2
I have a few XP workstations with sp2 and the firewall set to "on". A few of my workstations are having problems with seeing the NDS tree. They will be able to login in but after a minute when windows loads everything - they are not able to access anything on the novell network. We can see the mapped drives but as soon as we click on it - it says it is not available. We try to login again and we will receive an error message that it cannot find the tree when we click on the context. This will happen intermittenly and can kick them off at any moment. It only happ...

Client32 4.90 SP2 and 4.91 B3 hang up on second login in Windows XP
Hi, The problem started manifesting itself sometime around November - December 2004. Environment: Windows XP SP2 with all latest patches. Server NW 4.11 with IP stack loaded. Client 4.90 SP2 with all PSP2 patches using IPX only. First login after reboot runs well 90% of a times. In about 10% of all cases it will hang on the login screen with the animated "connection" wait icon active indefinitely. Tried to leave it overnight, no difference. The only remedy is a hardware reset or shutdown. Second login, after a user logged off, never succeeds. Login screen disappears, Window...

Client 4.90 sp2 #4
> I forgot to put a message in, so I posted a new message. Sorry Keith, >>I forgot to put a message in, so I posted a new message. No problem - been there, done that. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) ...

Web resources about - Error updating 4.90 client to 4.91 SP2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Wikipedia talk:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is brilliant! It would probably work best for elections etc in minor locations. For something that's well-known like a US predidential election, ...

8 Tools For Updating Facebook Offsite
Applications for receiving Facebook updates and notifications without having to keep the site open in a browser keep coming out. Here are eight ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.

Tips For Updating Your Appearance
Like Joe Hockey, all men can pull off a radical mid-life makover by following some simple guidelines.