Error 1612

Tried upgrading a win7 64 client from novell client 2 sp1 (ir7) to v2
sp2.

During the install, either via acu.exe or setup.exe, I get an error:

"There was an error installing Novell International
Cryptographic Infrastructure (NICI).  Error Code: 1612.

Then goes on to say that installation succeeded, but the installation
of one or more of the additional products failed.

I tried downloading client 2 sp2 (ir2a) & get the same error.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

--
Stevo
0

Asd23,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0
Automatic
4/7/2012 8:53:22 PM
see this thread

http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/open-enterprise-server/oes-platform-independent/oes-client-windows/454011-novell-client-2-upgrade-fails-install-nici-error-1603-a.html

You'll need the source for the version of the client you are replacing,
specifically the NICI msi install file (should be around 750kb in size)

I've found if I manually uninstall the NICI client and specify this
file, i'm then able to get the new client version installed and working,
I've been using client 2 sp2 with my installs

--
gleach1
gleach1's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=934

0
gleach1

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

errors errors errors..

Netware 6 8901 error on Win XP Machines
Hey Guys, I recently installed a new Netware 6.5 Server and SP1. We are able to login with a few Windows XP machines but when others try to login they receive the 8901 errors and are unable to map drives. They can browse the network but have no rights to folders, not even while logged in as admin. They also cannot map a drive to any folder manually. However Windows 98 machines seem to work without any problem. Any ideas?? You haven't installed all the licensing, most likely the user (conn) licenses which have to be done after the OS install. -- Andrew C Taubman ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

2X
I am running PB6.5.1 using Microsoft SQL Server 7.00 - 7.00.842, Standard Edition on Windows NT 4.0 (Build 1381: Service Pack 4) and receiving the following error at run time: "Data-conversion error resulted in overflow." The application datawindow works fine in the IDE, but dies a most glorious death once compiled. The dw column is tied to a dddw, the data column in the dddw is defined as an 'int' in the database; as a long (or as a number - I have tried both) in the dw and the dddw. The application previously was connected to Sybase database, but since the con...

Error installing Netware 6.5 SP6
We get the following error when installing Netware 6.5 SP6. Several other servers with similar h/w configurations installed with NO issues. We rebooted server,and it came back up okay. We can see volumes. eDir did not get updated and is still at 8.7.3.8. Tried to restart SP install and it returns to the same error message. I have recopied SP out to server in new directory. Any guess on what we can try next? See error message below. thanks, Lin Error: An error occurred while parsing file "SYS1:SupportNWNW65SP6SPINSTALLSILENT.ICS", line 25...

Error Adding XP Drivers
Well I still haven't made much headway with iPrint. Our iPrint is so badly broken now it's probably going out the windows soon. Over 40% can no longer install iPrint printers, some get Insufficient memory to print even though they have 512MB RAM and 87% free resources, the Maptool no longer works correctly. Now I am getting wierd errors when I try to install printer drivers in RMS (iPrint ZLIB-19 unknown error). This happened after editing my *jsp files as recommended in TID 10100923. I had installed the iPrint plugins dated 4/18/06 on my NW6.0SP5 server first (Mistake, ...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

Netware error
what would cause the following error: Mount Error: cannot remove mount point/volumes/Server name. I have Netware ver 5.1.9f running on top of Mac OS 10. I guess we need a lot more of explanation on what exactly you are running. Especially the following sentence does not make much sense to me: > I have Netware ver 5.1.9f running on top of > Mac OS 10. -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.16.5.2) After some searching, I think you could possibly mean the following: You are using the Prosoft NetWare client for MAC OS x and that client gives you the error you mentione...