Error 0xFFFFFa27 unlocking windows 7 workstation and a possi

We've had issues where seemingly at random a user will be unable to
unlock the workstation with their eDirectory credentials with the
following error.

"The network password cannot be validated at this time because the
connection to the Novell network was lost. Please enter the password for
the Windows account to unlock the computer now, or wait and try the
network password again later."

We think this is related to an old NICI issue with DLU users, as per
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3576402&sliceId=1

IF we manually reset the permissions on the users nici folder they are
once again able to unlock their workstation, however the
"EnableUserProfileDirectory" regkey does not appear to be effective
under windows 7, we tried entering it at HKLM\software\novell\nici and
HKLM\software\Wow6432Node\Novell\Nici but neither resolved the issue.

Has anyone come across this issue, I'd raise an SR but sadly am unable
to do so. We're running Win7 SP1 x64, Client 2 SP2 IR1 and ZCM 11 SP1
and our users are all DLU.

--
mmoshcs

mmoshcs

--____BQJOPBJYQKQTUUPVJOZZ____
	 -0500"

Is your PC set to hibernate after X number of minutes in Power Options?  =
We had an issue with XP that it would lose the drive mappings until we =
turned the PC Hibernation off.

I've not had a lot of Win 7 PC's yet.  But I have mine set to Never.

Frank

wrote:

We've had issues where seemingly at random a user will be unable to
unlock the workstation with their eDirectory credentials with the
following error.=20

"The network password cannot be validated at this time because the
connection to the Novell network was lost. Please enter the password for
the Windows account to unlock the computer now, or wait and try the
network password again later."

We think this is related to an old NICI issue with DLU users, as per
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=3D3576402&sliceId=
=3D1

IF we manually reset the permissions on the users nici folder they are
once again able to unlock their workstation, however the
"EnableUserProfileDirectory" regkey does not appear to be effective
under windows 7, we tried entering it at HKLM\software\novell\nici and
HKLM\software\Wow6432Node\Novell\Nici but neither resolved the issue.

Has anyone come across this issue, I'd raise an SR but sadly am unable
to do so. We're running Win7 SP1 x64, Client 2 SP2 IR1 and ZCM 11 SP1
and our users are all DLU.

--=20
mmoshcs
mmoshcs's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=3D15488