Drives Not Mapping and Loosing Drive mappings

We are having issues with the 4.9SP1a client where I can log in each
moring and none of the drives will map.  I relogin and then the drive
maps.  Then we also have issues where a user will come back from lunch
and CTRL/ALT/DEL to unlock the screen saver and they loose all of their
drive mappings.

We are at NW6SP3 with post SP4 Server.EXE file, NSS3C patch, and a
couple other patches that were tried to eliminate File Locking issues
(MM.NLM, and NCPIP.NLM).  The workstations are WiN2K SP4 and WINXP SP1
with Client 4.9SP1A, my XP laptop happens to have the nwgina patch
applied also but not the WIN2k laptop.

The following is what we recieve:

LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-100: Access has been denied.
You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
Your current context is CIM.BDO
Your current tree is: BDO_TREE
You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
Your current context is CIM.BDO
Your current tree is: BDO_TREE
You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
File server: CIMNWNDS
Network Address: AC1001AE
MAC Address: 00042362816C
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(S1:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS.CIM.BDO:PUBLIC)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(ROOT G:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\GROUPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(ROOT H:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS\WALCHTG)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-400: A network drive cannot be mapped to a drive
that is designated as a local drive.
[ROOT I:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO]
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(ROOT M:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:APPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(ROOT U:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
(ROOT Q:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\NATLGROUPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-440: The operation was attempted on an invalid drive.

Has anyone else been seing this with 4.9SP1A?
0
Robert

Robert W. Eastman Jr. wrote:

> We are having issues with the 4.9SP1a client where I can log in each
> moring and none of the drives will map.  I relogin and then the drive
> maps.  Then we also have issues where a user will come back from lunch
> and CTRL/ALT/DEL to unlock the screen saver and they loose all of
> their drive mappings.
>
> We are at NW6SP3 with post SP4 Server.EXE file, NSS3C patch, and a
> couple other patches that were tried to eliminate File Locking issues
> (MM.NLM, and NCPIP.NLM).  The workstations are WiN2K SP4 and WINXP SP1
> with Client 4.9SP1A, my XP laptop happens to have the nwgina patch
> applied also but not the WIN2k laptop.
>
> The following is what we recieve:
>
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-100: Access has been denied.
> You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
> Your current context is CIM.BDO
> Your current tree is: BDO_TREE
> You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
> Your current context is CIM.BDO
> Your current tree is: BDO_TREE
> You are attached to server CIMNWNDS.
> File server: CIMNWNDS
> Network Address: AC1001AE
> MAC Address: 00042362816C
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (S1:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS.CIM.BDO:PUBLIC)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (ROOT G:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\GROUPS)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (ROOT H:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS\WALCHTG)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-400: A network drive cannot be mapped to a drive
> that is designated as a local drive.
> [ROOT I:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO]
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (ROOT M:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:APPS)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (ROOT U:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid
> path:  (ROOT Q:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\NATLGROUPS)
> LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-440: The operation was attempted on an invalid
> drive.
>
> Has anyone else been seing this with 4.9SP1A?

I also forgot to inform you that I will get the error 8804 during the
login, but you won't get that if the drive mappings are lost as in the
example above.  The example below is what I initially get during login:

You are attached to server CIMNWPRD.
File server: CIMNWNDS
Network Address: 0C3F67D1
MAC Address: 0004236295DF
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (S1:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS.CIM.BDO:PUBLIC)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (ROOT G:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\GROUPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (ROOT H:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS\EASTMARW)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-400: A network drive cannot be mapped to a drive
that is designated as a local drive.
    [ROOT I:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO]
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (ROOT M:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:APPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (ROOT U:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\USERS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-470: The specified drive mapping is an invalid path:
 (ROOT Q:=.CIMNWPRD_SYS1.CIM.BDO:DATA\NATLGROUPS)
LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not
be completed.
    [I:=CIMNWPRD_SYS1:DATA\ARCHIVE\EMAIL]
The error code was 8804
0
Robert

new drive mapping wont overwrite the older drive mapping???
Somehow, although I changed the drive mapping to a new server using the same drive letter in novell login script, all the workstations with xpsp3 still map to the older server after the users log in. I had to disconnect the older drive mapping before the users can map to the new server using the same letter. Is there anyway that I can fix that? I am using "net use" in the login script to map drive to windows share. Thank you! That's odd. The only thing I can think of that would do that would be a manual drive mapping that happened on the workstation end that ov...

Netware 6 and XP not remembering a drive mapping
I was wondering if someone has a clue how to fix this problem? I have Netware 6 Client 4.83 on WinXP. I have two servers with separate trees. If I log into the main server I get all the drive mappings expected. I want to also have a drive mapped to the other server. I use the client to map to the server. I can view the files and do anything with them. But when I reboot the connection does not reconnect. If I click on the drive in windows explorer than everything reconnects. It just doesn't do it automatically. How can I get winXP to remember the connection automatically? ...

Network drive cannot be mapped to a drive
I am getting a bizzare error on a Windows XP workstation with Client 4.91 SP2 with patch pack C: "LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-400: A network drive cannot be mapped to a drive that is designated as a local drive. [ROOT H:=]" The container login script is trying to deliver a home directory mapping via this command: map root h:=%HOME_DIRECTORY As per tid (10015081) the user has rights to the directory in question and it is listed in their environment tab, verified with effective rights. There are physically only a C and D drive in the machine, certainly no H. The server is 6.5...

Drive map fails using map.exe but works with login script map
I posted this a little bit back not sure if it was this forum I thought it was titled illegal ds name but I can't find it at all, so forgive me for not appending to that. Windows 2000 sp4, Client 32 4.9sp1 pka I have the following drive map. map r w:=.wdc1_disk1.wdc.tpg\wdc It gives me an error MAP-4.13 (970813) PTF-400: You attempted to map a network drive to unmapped drive or to a local drive. (What's wrong with mapping to an unmapped drive by the way :) ) When I do a packet trace of the machine in question (Using Ethereal 0.10.4) I see the following ...

Mapping a netware drive
Again I am having problems mapping a Netware drive in XP Pro. Yesterday, the network was down temporarily and this morning 3 machines have lost their mapping to the novell server. When I have attempted to remap these the drives to the servers, I get a message that state the process cannot be finished and the server cannot be found. Can anyone tell why this would happen? Thanks On 5/17/2005 donr04@excite.com wrote: > Again I am having problems mapping a Netware drive in XP Pro What version of NetWare at the server side ? What version of Novell Client ? -- Edison Ort...

Drive not Formatted Error on Mapped Drive
Hi there I have some users getting a weird error whenever they try to save a file to a mapped drive. The error is: "The disk in drive G is not formatted, do you wish to format it now?" If they click "No" (hopefully!) then the file saves fine. I removed the users from a group that had a ZENworks DLU that gave them User on the local PC, and made them members of a group that gives them Administrator on the local PC. Both groups are only used to assign the zen policy, file rights are granted through another group, and the file rights appear to be correct anyho...

Mapping a drive letter to two drives?
I am looking for a program that can map a single drive letter to two consecutive physical drives. I have a couple of old hard drives, a 300MB and a 400MB, and I want to be able to use them as one 700MB drive. I believe that Win2k itselft can do this, but I am running Win98SE. Any suggestions? Thanks Creamy Goodness <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:9vnqil$1cj7$1@news.grc.com... > I am looking for a program that can map a single drive letter to two > consecutive physical drives. I have a couple of old hard drives, a 300MB and > a 400MB, and I want to be able t...

network drive cannot be mapped to a local drive...
This is the message that i'm getting for most of my drives allong with error 8804. Our network is composed of 4.1 servers with one 6.1 server we recently got. I have no trouble logging in or mapping from any other computer on the network. This is however a brand new computer from dell and I suppose what the message is saying is that all the drive letters are set to be for the local hard drive. I have no idea how to set them to accept the network drives. Here is the full login message... Your current context is Programs.Carrollton.MTII Your current tree is: MTI You are attached t...

Search drives mapped as normal drives.
Hi, We have few NW6SP8 servers and NWClient 4.91.0.20050216 on XPSP2 workstations. Everytime a user logins, the drive mappings are arranged properly except the search drives which are mapped to normal drive letters instead of being mapped as search drives. The problem increases whenever a user relogins without restarting the PC, which causes the PC to obtain another new search drive, again mapped as normal drive to an available drive letter. Any solution ? On 26/02/08 Sanal Kisi wrote: > We have few NW6SP8 servers There has been an SP8 for NW 4.11 and 5.1, but not for 5....

Mapped drives and USB pen drives.
How can I keep the act of logging into Novell from mapping network drives that aren't in the login script? After I log in I get an F: drive that leads to the SYS volume and a Z: drive that leads the the Public directory on the SYS volume. Not only do I not need either of these area mapped as a drive, but it keeps the majority of USB pen drives from working properly or at all. As soon as I disconnect the drives, the pen drives will work. Is there a hidden script somewhere that I'm missing? Thanks, Kris Gnagey kgnagey@champaign.org wrote: > How can I keep the ac...

Drive mapping and new local drive issue
NW4.2. Cli 4.91.1.20050819 XP pro SP2+ Celeron 1.8, 640M. HD (C:), DVD (D:), USB drive (E:) Original First drive: G (Mapped) additional drives mapped all over the upper alphabet :) Add a Netgear SC101, Network Storage Device into the mix. Netgear (Zetera) connects as a Local drive, assigning the next available drive letter for the attached 'Partition' (on the SC101 drive). The problem is it may use a Netware Map drive letter (upon reboot) if not "Chang(ed) drive letter"( in disk management) to a known unused drive. Netgear claims this is a O/S fault. I th...

First Network Drive drive mapping changes
Currently running Client 4.91 (4.91.0.20050216) on WinXP sp 2.Have set first network drive to K: in client properties. Drive map is being changed to J: I have physical disks C thru I, reserved J thru Windows for a USB flashdrive. Suggestions on how to keep the drive maps set in the login script. Thanks Dot Garrihy Dot, Can you post the login script or otherwise show how the drive mapping is choosing the J drive letter? -- Tony Pedretti > Dot, > > Can you post the login script or otherwise show how the drive mapping is > choosing the J drive letter?...

Mapped drives and USB pen drives. #2
How can I keep the act of logging into Novell from mapping network drives that aren't in the login script? After I log in I get an F: drive that leads to the SYS volume and a Z: drive that leads the the Public directory on the SYS volume. Not only do I not need either of these area mapped as a drive, but it keeps the majority of USB pen drives from working properly or at all. As soon as I disconnect the drives, the pen drives will work. Is there a hidden script somewhere that I'm missing? Thanks, Kris Gnagey Try changing the "first network drive" setting...

Cannot map drive to Netware server
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to map a drive to a Netware 6 SP3 server from a Windows 2003 = server. When attempting to map, I receive a "connect as" dialog in Windows = for username/password. It will only connect if I use the distinguished = name, not the common name of the user. The Netware server has no replica, = so I added a R/W replica that contains the user object I'm logging in as - = and a couple others for good measure. No change. The W2K3 server has n...

Web resources about - Drives Not Mapping and Loosing Drive mappings - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Information mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information Mapping is a technique that divides and labels information to facilitate comprehension, use, and recall. It was originally developed ...

Business Mapping API
If your business operates multiple apps, the Business Mapping API lets you map the same person's user ID across them.

US Census Bureau Adds Mapping Application on Facebook
The U.S. Census Bureau is launching a huge nationwide campaign incorporating social media, broadcast media and print to encourage people to fill ...

Mobile Developer (Android), HERE Crowd Mapping at HERE, a Nokia business in Frankfurt , Schwalbach or ...
The Community Mapping product team in the HERE Core Platform Group (CPG) is looking for a passionate and experienced mobile app developer to ...

iMindQ (mind mapping) - Brainstorming app on the App Store on iTunes
Get iMindQ (mind mapping) - Brainstorming app on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Audi, BMW, Daimler close on Nokia's mapping business
... BMW , Mercedes-Benz , Technology With regulatory approval obtained, a coalition made up of Audi, BMW, and Daimler has taken over the HERE mapping ...

More on mapping
From yesterday’s post concerning a very odd mapping of an auto-renewal option from what looked like a Gold plan to a Bronze plan, I was confused ...

Here's why Seattle needs to listen to innovators when mapping its future
Seattle is working on a plan to manage growth throughout the next two decades, but are officials doing enough grasp what the city will be like ...

Google Faces New Round of EU Probing Over Android Mapping Apps
Google faces a fresh round of European Union questions about its Android operating system for mobile devices as regulators quizzed rivals and ...

Interactive Mapping Tool Shows Effects Of Volkswagen Diesel Scandal In California
An interactive mapping tool shows the effects of the Volkswagen diesel scandal on populations across California. The interactive map suggests ...