disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client

I am posing this question to the discussion group.  How can we through
Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and
password rather than establishing a BIOS password.  Thank you in advance.
Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this
information?

Gary Hawk
H-L School
Bascom, Ohio
0
hope_st_gh

Gary,

Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need
to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS).  Its usually
recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Windows and eDirectory (NDS)
so that the user sees and logins to just one GINA.   The Novell Client (NWGINA) in this
case and allow it to seamlessly authenticate to Windows as well.

You also have other options like AutoAdminLogon and various other features in the Novell
Client to help manage this.
ZENworks's DLU policy can manage local Windows accounts and Nsure Identity management can
do a lot of syncing between various accounts (ie. Domain, AD, LDAP, etc.)

Configure AutoAdminLogon for Novell Clients for Windows NT/2000/XP
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm

Autolog
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1035.html

Microsoft states that leaving the password blank/empty disables AutoAdminLogon to Windows.

HOW TO: Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com?id=234562

Need to disable the Novell Login during bootup on Windows NT/2000/XP for troubleshooting
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10054281.htm

You can also Sync NDS Username to help sync the account names ...

The name in the NDS username field is different than the Local username in the Windows tab
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10083253.htm

How to login to NDS and Domain with a single login
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057660.htm

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
4/29/2004 4:19:21 PM
Gary,

NT/2K/XP require a password - either a local account, or domain account
to be able to login. There is no real way for them to cancel the login.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

Netware client setup on Win XP Pro
Hello there, I've been refered to this newsgroup from another Novell one. I'm trying to configure Novell Client 4.83 on a Wnidows XP machine connecting to Novell 4.11 Basically I am trying to avoid having to setup every user as a local account, and simply have the client login, skipping the login to local account bit. I have ben referred to >1) Configure the PC to use "AutoAdminLogon" - >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm >(Each User uses the same local account) and this seems to be the correct solution, I am tryi...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

NetWare Client on Win 2k & XP
We are just starting to use 2K Pro & XP Pro on our desktops. We have a NT 4.0 domain across a WAN. You got your PDC at corporate and BDC's spread out across the company at each location. Also have member servers setup for Exchange 5.5. Each location also has NetWare servers. My location has two NetWare 5 servers (sp6a). It was my understanding in order for authentication to occur on a NT network using NT / 2k Pro / XP Pro computer accounts must be setup. The domain admin setup the account. I made sure the computer named matched the name he gave when setting up the computer...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Netware login different users to XP Pro Wkstn
Just for those also searching for the right solution that worked for me... Thought I would pass on what I found. I have some XP Pro stations that will be used by possibly anyone from our Netware 6 system and wanted different profiles for each user and also wanted it to automatically login to their specific XP Profile immediately after logging into Novell. It seems like it should be an easy task to sync or pass on the logon names and passwords to the Windows logon process, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. The problem was that every time a user logs into Novell, it wan...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client
Is there a solution without buying the latest Novell netware to allow my new Windows XP pro client computer to see the Newtware 3.21 server's workgroup? I did run the windows xp pro's netware installation, but it does not see any of the file server's files - not good. Download v4.83 with SP2 from: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html install it with Bindery options and 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Then apply SP3 patch from: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum ...

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

i cant loging in on windows XP pro after install NEtware Client
Hi; i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. Any idea? arturo_p_e@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi; > > i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every > time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows > username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. > > Any idea? Have you tried checking "workstation only" in the advanced tab and th...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client- additional information
Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for a client32 version 3.12 version 3.3. I believe that is my latest client version. I also have a setup.exe in my file server's Public Directory 6/30/97. I am not sure what to do. Please help. Answered above. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) kde@kdepc.com, > Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory > called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for...

Synchronising Netware and Windows login, Outlook 2002 SP3 (XP Pro)
Hi all, We are using Novell Client 4.90 SP1 and I downloaded now 4.91. We're facing the following problem. Changing a registry key we managed to synchronize the NetWare and Windows username field. When launching the MS Outlook 2002 client the login fields (username, domain) where automatically filled in so the user had only to insert his password. Regkey: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DontDisplay LastUsername=0 However, 4.91 seems to behave differently. The username and domain field stay empty in Outlook. 4.91 SP1 does not solve this issue. ...

Web resources about - disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Superpower (ability) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a character with over 20 different powers, in action. Art by Curt Swan . Superpower is a popular culture term for a fictional superhuman ability. ...

Ability To Edit Posts, Comments; Emoticons For Status Updates Tested In Facebook For Android Beta 3.7 ...
The ability to edit posts and comments , and the addition of emoticons to status updates are the most prominent features added to version 3.7 ...

Facebook announces ability to purchase Promoted Posts via mobile
Facebook has announced the ability to purchase Promoted Posts on mobile devices via the Page Manager App . The application is only available ...

NU Ability (@NUAbility) on Twitter

ZIG ZAG RUNWAY - Test your reactivity ability in this challenging, most infinite arcade game! on the ...
Get ZIG ZAG RUNWAY - Test your reactivity ability in this challenging, most infinite arcade game! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

LG G3 : The best "grip-ability" - YouTube
Do you think a 5.5-inch smartphone would be too big for you? Maybe not as big as you might think. With the LG G3, you will even forget you're ...

America emerges from elections with little ability to compromise
After the votes were counted and the balloons had wafted down from the rafters, President Barack Obama awoke last week to an ugly reality: he ...

Scientists inadvertently discover incredible new starfish ability
... movements of starfish by implanting microchips into them have discovered that the creatures have a remarkable and previously undocumented ability. ...

Are blokes really that worried about their ability to ejaculate?
As one fella put it to me, "when you're looking for a serve of dessert, you don't want to skimp on the cream. Anyone caught dishing up a less ...

Econocrats doubt our ability to grow
Reform, we're asked to believe, is only a fleeting fix. To maintain an acceptable rate of productivity improvement, reform must be unceasing ...