Contextless login

We have a room (identical hardware and image) where we are having a
problem
with contextless login. When the machines first boot up contextless
login
does not work. Waiting a few minutes does not help. If you attempt to
login
the login fails and you get the error message "The system could not
log you
into the network.........". After this everything works fine.

I have tried replacing the switch these machines plug into with the
same
result. I have uninstalled the client (4.83SP2) and ZFD management
agent
(ZFD4SP1BAgentP1A I think) and reinstalled them both. Machines are IP
only
and SLP seems to be working correctly as all drives are mapped
correctly and
"display slp services bindery.novell" lists all our servers.

This next bit could also be connected and/or cause. Our ZFD policy is
hide the remote management agent however this is always visible on
these
machines. NALWIN32 | Help | F2+ More shows that the Workstation Helper

service is not connected.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

0
Paul

Andrew,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Login to Netware on an XP machine
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Auto Login Netware 6 and XP
I have scoured the net for a solution to this and can not find a single thing for v6, only 4.6 etc. I have it so that Xp auto logs on, and for some reason is bypassing Novell logon, and logs right into windows. But i need it to autologon into novell then windows. In the registry I have the autologon = 1 and the default un/pw set. What else am i missing? Thanks See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) The following is what it says for 4.9 yet I cant find th...

Login to Netware on an XP machine #2
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

XP/Netware login security message
Hey- WHen I log onto XP machine (Netware 6.5, client 4.9sp2), 4 separate and identical windows pop up, all labelled "Automating Security Configuration Management". I can close the windows, and all is well; but how do I stop the windows from coming up at all? I have used msconfig and can find nothing calling for these windows to come up. This only happens on XP machines. Any suggestions? Russell, Do you have Group Policy running those tasks?... Automating security configuration tasks http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Serve...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Netware login different users to XP Pro Wkstn
Just for those also searching for the right solution that worked for me... Thought I would pass on what I found. I have some XP Pro stations that will be used by possibly anyone from our Netware 6 system and wanted different profiles for each user and also wanted it to automatically login to their specific XP Profile immediately after logging into Novell. It seems like it should be an easy task to sync or pass on the logon names and passwords to the Windows logon process, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. The problem was that every time a user logs into Novell, it wan...

wierd login issue XP netware 4.x
I've got a single server running netware 4. If users login before ~9 AM, everything seems to be OK but at some point XP machines refuse to login. I've used different clients and patches on the workstations but none seem to work. Sometimes people can get back on around 3:30 PM. WIN98 machines are unaffected. Firewalls are turned off on the workstations, internet works, local shares work, I can't find any time related issues, I've changed the time on the server to 8 AM to see if that helps, didn't. Any suggestions? I'm bumfuzzled! thanks jc OK -- lets clear the...

Synchronising Netware and Windows login, Outlook 2002 SP3 (XP Pro)
Hi all, We are using Novell Client 4.90 SP1 and I downloaded now 4.91. We're facing the following problem. Changing a registry key we managed to synchronize the NetWare and Windows username field. When launching the MS Outlook 2002 client the login fields (username, domain) where automatically filled in so the user had only to insert his password. Regkey: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DontDisplay LastUsername=0 However, 4.91 seems to behave differently. The username and domain field stay empty in Outlook. 4.91 SP1 does not solve this issue. ...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP SP2 & Contextless Login
Hello, I was just wondering if this is expected behavior from the Novell Client. I am setting up a new environment using OES2 Linux and ZCM, migrating from Netware 6.5 OES with a new tree. SLP is set up and DHCP works well. The issue is this, I am using ZCM to distribute a GP to the workstation using Shaun's ADM file. In the GP I have configured a Preferred Tree and LDAP Contextless Login settings. When a workstation is first set up, the client takes the settings right away. However, you cannot login using LDAP because the client does not try to use the LDAP.. the usern...

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

Web resources about - Contextless login - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...