Contextless Login #2

We have a room (identical hardware and image) where we are having a
problem
with contextless login. When the machines first boot up contextless
login
does not work. Waiting a few minutes does not help. If you attempt to
login
the login fails and you get the error message "The system could not
log you
into the network.........". After this everything works fine.

I have tried replacing the switch these machines plug into with the
same
result. I have uninstalled the client (4.83SP2) and ZFD management
agent
ZFD4SP1BAgentP1A I think) and reinstalled them both. Machines are IP
only
and SLP seems to be working correctly as all drives are mapped
correctly and
"display slp services bindery.novell" lists all our servers.

This next bit could also be connected and/or cause. Our ZFD policy is
hide the remote management agent however this is always visible on
these
machines. NALWIN32 | Help | F2+ More shows that the Workstation Helper

service is not connected.

All the above work ok in the rest of our network.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

0
Paul

Sorry for the double post but I couldn't find my original message.

"Paul Gregory" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> We have a room (identical hardware and image) where we are having a
problem
> with contextless login. When the machines first boot up contextless
login
> does not work. Waiting a few minutes does not help. If you attempt
login
> the login fails and you get the error message "The system could not
log
you
> into the network.........". After this everything works fine.
>
> I have tried replacing the switch these machines plug into with the
same
> result. I have uninstalled the client (4.83SP2) and ZFD management
agent
> ZFD4SP1BAgentP1A I think) and reinstalled them both. Machines are IP
only
> and SLP seems to be working correctly as all drives are mapped
correctly
and
> "display slp services bindery.novell" lists all our servers.
>
> This next bit could also be connected and/or cause. Our ZFD policy
is to
> hide the remote management agent however this is always visible on
these
> machines. NALWIN32 | Help | F2+ More shows that the Workstation
Helper
> service is not connected.
>
> All the above work ok in the rest of our network.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Thanks.

0
Paul
11/6/2003 1:04:18 PM
G'day Paul,
I hope you get this reply, I know it's been a while.

We're having the exact same problem here at our site.
Did you ever get to the root of the issue?
I would be very interested to here what you have to say.

Regards,
Alex.

> We have a room (identical hardware and image) where we are having a
> problem
> with contextless login. When the machines first boot up contextless
> login
> does not work. Waiting a few minutes does not help. If you attempt to
> login
> the login fails and you get the error message "The system could not
> log you
> into the network.........". After this everything works fine.
>
> I have tried replacing the switch these machines plug into with the
> same
> result. I have uninstalled the client (4.83SP2) and ZFD management
> agent
> ZFD4SP1BAgentP1A I think) and reinstalled them both. Machines are IP
> only
> and SLP seems to be working correctly as all drives are mapped
> correctly and
> "display slp services bindery.novell" lists all our servers.
>
> This next bit could also be connected and/or cause. Our ZFD policy is
> hide the remote management agent however this is always visible on
> these
> machines. NALWIN32 | Help | F2+ More shows that the Workstation Helper
>
> service is not connected.
>
> All the above work ok in the rest of our network.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Thanks.

0
sysadmin

Login to Netware on an XP machine #2
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

contextless login #2
Upgraded NW65sp5(OES) Server to NW65sp6(OES) and now contextless login on clients does not work. Mix Clients 4.91sp2 and 4.91sp3 Looks like all necessary services and modules are loaded on the server. I am using SSL Contextless logins. All was well until upgrade. Ran PKIDIAG on server to clean up some errors. Rebooted the server with no luck. Re-exported the cert and no luck. Contextless using port 389 are the same, do not work. Doing an LDAP lookup is successful. Server LDAP Trace constantly reports: New Cleartext connection 0x700c9540 from 127.0.0.1:1222, monitor = 0x13f,...

contextless logins #2
Hi, Is it possible to setup Netware 6.5 so that the novell client on the users workstaions do not need a context setting? We are using Novell client 4.91 sp2 and we would like the users to have to use only their login name and not have to use the context. We have users that use several machines. It is one of those I cannot remember my context problems. Thanks in advance. Greg Greg, > Is it possible to setup Netware 6.5 so that the novell client on the > users workstaions do not need a context setting? We are using Novell > client 4.91 sp2 and we would like ...

netware login #2
How can you login to a netware server using a wireless laptop???? > How can you login to a netware server using a wireless laptop???? Is the network itself connected to a wireless router? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop easy if you have a wireless network. or a wireless card in the server (not that i would recommend _that_)... at some point you need to have a wireless/wired connection... -- Cheers! Richard Beels ~ Network Consultant ~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS Richard Bee...

LDAP Contextless Login #2
We use LDAP for contextless login and all of a sudden it quit working. All of the settings are correct however it will not change the context for the users anymore.. any ideas? > We use LDAP for contextless login and all of a sudden it quit working. > All of the settings are correct however it will not change the context > for the users anymore.. any ideas? We also use LDAP in a test-environment NW6.5 SP2, ZfD 4.01. And yes, we also have the experience that in the morning the LDAP settings work fine and in the afternoon they won't. Using policies to distribute t...

LDAP Contextless Login #2
Hey All, Here's my problem. I'm attempting to use contextless login with an XP system using Novell Client 4.90 SP2 onto a Netware 5.1 server running LDAP. I have used LDAP browser to check and see if the LDAP server is up and running and it appears fine. I am still unable to get a contextless login using the client. Below are my DSTRACE logs for both the LDAP browser and the Client. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? LDAP Browser log: do_bind bind: protocol version 3 dn () method 128 accepting NULL bind send_ldap_result 0:: select activity in monitor ...

netware client login #2
Please help with this. When I launch the netware client shortcut, it automatically logs in as "test user". Is there a way to delete the last account to login under netware. I'm using client 4.91 sp5 Thank you -- strangeloop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Although an old TID, but concept still applies: http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=10050859&sliceId=&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=59032308&stateId=0%200%20105071944 -- Peter eDirect...

LDAP Contextless login #2
I have been using LDAP contextless login for a year now and for the most part it works great except for one glitch. Sometimes when the machine is first powered on it takes about 5-10 seconds for the LDAP server to be avaialble. If a user types in their username during this time they get an ldap error. If you wait about 5 seconds and type in the username again it usually works. Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a setting that I am overlooking. i've seen that before and never really figured it out. told the users to just retype it if it didn't change the ca...

contextless login problem #2
According to this TID, contextless login was supposed to work with a file LGNCXW32.dll dated 5/24/05, but it doesn't after applying the necessary patch: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10096239.htm Anyone able to get contextless login to work w/ client 4.91? I generate this error: Error: LDAP Contextless Login: Invalid scope context specified cperry, > Anyone able to get contextless login to work w/ client 4.91? I generate > this error: > Error: LDAP Contextless Login: Invalid scope context specified Is your scope correctly entered? It...

Contextless Login Error #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0162_01C54647.65C8ADC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have workstations with "Enable LDAP Treeless Login" enabled. In the = servers list, we have added the three IP's of our three node cluster. Everything works great. The problem occurs, if we reboot either of our SLPDA servers. Our DA = servers are not in the cluster and are stand-alone boxes off to the = side. When we do this, we get the following error on the workstati...

Login Windows XP #2
I had to install client 4.83 sp2 to correct a problem with MacAfee Enterprise 7.I was urning 4.83 before. After that only the user that loged in during the upgrade is able to login correctly. If a second user logs in the Windows login screen comes up asking for a user name and password. It looks like the Dynamic Local user is not working correctly. I have a user package set up with Dynamic Local user checked and Use Netware credentials checked. Any ideas. Gary Please ask in the client forums. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Support Connection SysOp (No Email Support...

Windows XP login #2
Hello.... When i logon my computer from the Novell Client, i used to logon to my regular windows account. But now that i have updated my client the Novell Client creates a new windows account with the same username as i use on the network. I want to logon to the Novell Network, with my network username, and the logon to my windows Account. How do i do that? Are you running Zenworks on your network? ~F "Jacob" <jacob3322345@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cFomc.2832$Ob.2748@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Hello.... > > When i logon my compute...

Web resources about - Contextless Login #2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...