Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1 - 4.9 Beta

I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine
mapping drives.

I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have
tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will
not map any drives for ANY client.

Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on
location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy
of xp).

Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers
ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there
something really simple I am to retarded to see? Any ideas? Thanks
0
webmaster

Webmaster,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
7/17/2004 6:43:28 AM
I'm having this same problem..
My netwok is NW5.1SP6a and NW6.5SP2 Edir 8.7.3.1  using clients 4.83sp1 4.83sp2 and 4.9sp1a and 4.9sp2 (seems to work)  Also have some cleints 3.x and 3.4.

This seems to not just happen on the XP machines, but the 9x machines as well..

Any help?
0
John
7/20/2004 8:07:40 PM
Webmaster,

Are you attempting to map the drives from the login script or explorer?
Any error messages ?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/20/2004 10:50:31 PM
John,

> I'm having this same problem..
> My netwok is NW5.1SP6a and NW6.5SP2 Edir 8.7.3.1  using clients 4.83sp1 4.83sp2 and 4.9sp1a and 4.9sp2 (seems to work)  Also have some cleints 3.x and 3.4.
>
> This seems to not just happen on the XP machines, but the 9x machines as well..

Are you getting error messages when mapping the drives? How are you
mapping the drives ?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/20/2004 10:51:12 PM
All drive mappings are in the context and user login scripts the classic map r <drive>:=server/volume:path
It's nothing special...
0
John
7/22/2004 2:36:50 AM
Sorry forgot to add, no errors at all... simply flows fast pass the login (checked all the stupid stuff...)  it's happend on quite a few machines..
0
John
7/22/2004 2:38:22 AM
John,

Can you post the login script, and the login script results window -
turn off "automatically close" for the script on the advanced, login
script tab.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/22/2004 3:53:38 AM
Sorry can't post my login script.

But I can tell you this, I've intentionally put errors in it to see if it would stop.  Any nahda... flows right passed it not doing anything...even with "auto close" turned off...

>>> Hamish<hamish@haitch.net> 7/21/2004 10:53:38 PM >>>
John,

Can you post the login script, and the login script results window -
turn off "automatically close" for the script on the advanced, login
script tab.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)

0
John
7/27/2004 6:30:39 PM
John,

It sounds like the script isn't running at all - with auto close off you
will get the results window. They definitely have run login scripts enabled?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
7/27/2004 7:25:03 PM
ok here goes, looks as if it's all hindering on a variable.  I was having to test in the first couple of lines of the login script for a %SESSIONNAME, well if that exists it runs a terminal server login script.  What's returning when the variable doesn't exist is %SESSIONNAME as a string instead of a null string.  Why this has changed, I'm not sure.  But it started changing. (login sctipt hadn't changed in 3 months..)  Only change on the network was an upgrade to 6.5sp2 on one of our main replica servers.  (also patched to 8.7.3.1 on all the other 5.1 servers).

This is really strange.  Especially since my personal laptop never quit working (XP %SESSIONNAME always exists as it's runnning terminal services).

>>> Hamish<Hamish@haitch.net> 7/27/2004 2:25:03 PM >>>
John,

It sounds like the script isn't running at all - with auto close off you
will get the results window. They definitely have run login scripts enabled?

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)

0
John

Windows XP client not mapping drives
Ok, I have several Windows XP Pro clients running Netware client 4.9sp1a. This is a Netware 6 SBS environment. I login into our production server and get drive mappings like I am supposed to but it won't map drives to a second server that I have in my tree. I thought initially it was a licensing issue but all of my windows 98 workstations map to this 2nd server just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base that can send me in the right direction. Per looking at other posts in this forum I did remove NMAS and this did not seem to help. Does anyone have any exper...

drive map error on XP client
My network is a bit behind the times but it has served me well. I'm adding my first XP client today and most of my login script is working except for one which returns the error: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed [ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN] The error code was 8804 This mapping works: if member of "FSGROUP" then MAP ROOT M:=FS\VOL1:FS MAP ROOT Q:=FS\VOL2:QADEPT endif While this one doesn't: if member of "Admins" then MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\ADMIN else MAP ROOT K:=FS\VOL2:USERS\%LOGIN_NAME endif Can anybody tell...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Netware client setup on Win XP Pro
Hello there, I've been refered to this newsgroup from another Novell one. I'm trying to configure Novell Client 4.83 on a Wnidows XP machine connecting to Novell 4.11 Basically I am trying to avoid having to setup every user as a local account, and simply have the client login, skipping the login to local account bit. I have ben referred to >1) Configure the PC to use "AutoAdminLogon" - >http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm >(Each User uses the same local account) and this seems to be the correct solution, I am tryi...

Windows XP client not mapping drives #2
Ok, I have several Windows XP Pro clients running Netware client 4.9sp1a. This is a Netware 6 SBS environment. I login into our production server and get drive mappings like I am supposed to but it won't map drives to a second server that I have in my tree. I thought initially it was a licensing issue but all of my windows 98 workstations map to this 2nd server just fine. I can't find anything in the knowledge base that can send me in the right direction. Per looking at other posts in this forum I did remove NMAS and this did not seem to help. Does anyone have any exper...

Mapping a clients drive to other clients?
I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this newsgroup I should post my question? "Graham Compagnoni" <yarmak@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote in news:E7Hpb.3195$5N5.428@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > I have no idea how to do this.... is there another section in this > newsgroup I should post my question? Graham, assuming you are trying to do this with the Netware client, not Groupwise, try: novell.support.os.client.winnt-2k-xp or the corresonding group for the Win9x client. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer ...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client
Is there a solution without buying the latest Novell netware to allow my new Windows XP pro client computer to see the Newtware 3.21 server's workgroup? I did run the windows xp pro's netware installation, but it does not see any of the file server's files - not good. Download v4.83 with SP2 from: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html install it with Bindery options and 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. Then apply SP3 patch from: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum ...

i cant loging in on windows XP pro after install NEtware Client
Hi; i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. Any idea? arturo_p_e@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi; > > i just install Client for netware networks on windows XP pro, now, every > time i try to log in, it ask me a username and a password, neither windows > username and pasword works, nor a netware's user. > > Any idea? Have you tried checking "workstation only" in the advanced tab and th...

netware 3.21 with windows xp Pro as client- additional information
Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for a client32 version 3.12 version 3.3. I believe that is my latest client version. I also have a setup.exe in my file server's Public Directory 6/30/97. I am not sure what to do. Please help. Answered above. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) kde@kdepc.com, > Continuing from my previous post: I have saved a file in my down dirtory > called W9x33e.exe dated 12/17/00. I believe this is for...

NW5.1 XP client slow mapped network drive access
When initially accessesing drives using XP client 4.9sp2 the drives take 20 seconds to show contents. things tried so far are.... MS KB article 171386 Changing the provider order to list NW client first. ?? Jfarr, Any additional components of the Novell Client installed (ie. ZFD agents, NMAS, NICI, etc.)? Is the client installed IP, IPX or both? Is SLP setup to resolve NetWare names over IP? Was Windows installed from scratch, a custom image, or an OEM image? Event Viewer logs showing anything unusual? Can you verify if its security or any other driver-based...

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

ica client and local Client drive mapping
we have ps 4.5 server running with the actual netware client. ica client drive mapping works if we login workstation only. if we activate the login to edir and run the login scripts the drive mapping of ica are not executed. netman, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and su...

XP Client and NetWare 5
Hi, all. Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? Thanks -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ The latest, version 4.91 with SP2. Try earlier versions only if you have specific issues with this one. There are also a few post-SP2 patches available you might try in case of any such issues. Gerald Reynolds Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, all. > Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and > NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? > > Thanks > ...

win 98 client faster as win xp client
I have a Novell Server 5.1 IPX protocol. In the network was a WIN 98 PC (500 MHz) an a WIN XP PC (2000 MHz). The Database application (alaska xbase++ 32 Bit)run for a complex statistic on the WIN 98 3 minutes and on the WIN XP 6 minutes. How can I set my windows xp client for more speed ? What can I disable in my xp client. (I need the Server as File-Server) (the version of the XP Client is 4.09) > I have a Novell Server 5.1 IPX protocol. In the network was a WIN 98 > PC (500 MHz) an a WIN XP PC (2000 MHz). The Database application (alaska > xbase++ 32 Bit)run for ...

XP SP2 client firewall & client trust
Anybody testing out the XP SP2 beta have authentication issues with IE browser proxies? First web open works OK, then one of the next prompts to re-authenticate. Been playing with the Windows firewal exceptions, no work around yet. Grether, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other ...

Web resources about - Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1 - 4.9 Beta - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Value stream mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Identify the target product family or service. Create a charter, define the problem, set the goals and objectives, and select the mapping team. ...

Business Mapping API
If your business operates multiple apps, the Business Mapping API lets you map the same person's user ID across them.

Mapping Facebook’s Recent Global Growth Versus Rivals
Facebook is gaining on most of its competitors, according to another look at social networking around the world. We regularly cover the service’s ...

Mobile Developer (Android), HERE Crowd Mapping at HERE, a Nokia business in Frankfurt , Schwalbach or ...
The Community Mapping product team in the HERE Core Platform Group (CPG) is looking for a passionate and experienced mobile app developer to ...

iMindQ Lite (mind mapping) - Free Brainstorming app on the App Store on iTunes
Get iMindQ Lite (mind mapping) - Free Brainstorming app on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

GM works on new mapping tech to aid autonomous driving
Filed under: GM , Emerging Technologies , Technology , Autonomous New technology from General Motors and Mobileye could use a whole fleet of ...

More on mapping
From yesterday’s post concerning a very odd mapping of an auto-renewal option from what looked like a Gold plan to a Bronze plan, I was confused ...

Interactive Mapping Tool Shows Effects Of Volkswagen Diesel Scandal In California
An interactive mapping tool shows the effects of the Volkswagen diesel scandal on populations across California. The interactive map suggests ...

New metabolic mapping reveals how the human brain is connected
The quest to understand ourselves by modeling the human brain continues this week with news from Germany, where a team of researchers discovered ...

Mapping The Staggering, Sorry State Of U.S. Student Debt
Soaring student debt levels are sapping an entire generation of their future security. But some have it worse than others. The rate of student ...