client login fields

I just installed the new 4.90 client, but after rebooting it prompts
me the
login name without the password field. Which component causes this ? I
want
the username + password in 1 screen.
Also the local userid needs to be specified though network + local
usernames
are both the same id's with the same passwords, so what could this be
?

kind regards,
Andrew

0
Andrew

Andrew,

Simple answer - uninstall NMAS - go into Control Panel, Add/Remove
programs,
remove NMAS

Alternatively,  Go into Client Properties, Location Profiles,
Properties,
Properties again, change the setting for the password box.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://speirs.mine.nu

(No email unless requested please)

0
Hamish
11/6/2003 1:42:02 AM
Harnish, what is NMAS? I haven't seen it before.

TIA,
Chad

"Hamish" <hamish@haitch.net> wrote in message
> Andrew,
>
> Simple answer - uninstall NMAS - go into Control Panel, Add/Remove
programs,
> remove NMAS
>
> Alternatively,  Go into Client Properties, Location Profiles,
Properties,
> Properties again, change the setting for the password box.
>

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://speirs.mine.nu
>
> (No email unless requested please)

0
Chad
11/6/2003 2:50:41 PM
Chad,

> Harnish, what is NMAS? I haven't seen it before.

Novell Modular Authentication Service - its a service for the use of
non-password based authentication, for example biometric devices or
smartcards.

The 4.90 client automatically install the service, and it breaks a few
things.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://speirs.mine.nu

(No email unless requested please)

0
Hamish
11/6/2003 6:55:59 PM
Can't change anything related to passwords in the location profile.
I only see the username field. Where exactly should this be ?

However I disabled the 'NMAS Authentication' field in the properties
of the
novell client, Advanced Login tab. This did the trick related to
showing the
password field again.

thanks
Andrew

"Hamish" <hamish@haitch.net> wrote in message
> Andrew,
>
> Simple answer - uninstall NMAS - go into Control Panel, Add/Remove
programs,
> remove NMAS
>
> Alternatively,  Go into Client Properties, Location Profiles,
Properties,
> Properties again, change the setting for the password box.
>

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://speirs.mine.nu
>
> (No email unless requested please)

0
Andrew
11/6/2003 11:42:16 PM
Which biometric devices will be recommended by Novell to use ?

> Chad,
>

> > Harnish, what is NMAS? I haven't seen it before.
>
> Novell Modular Authentication Service - its a service for the use of

> non-password based authentication, for example biometric devices or
smartcards.

> The 4.90 client automatically install the service, and it breaks a
few
things.

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://speirs.mine.nu
>
> (No email unless requested please)

0
Andrew
11/7/2003 12:01:39 AM
Andrew,

It'll only show if you have the NMAS Authentication checkbox enabled,
and do a
login. With the NMAS Authentication disabled, the show password option
isn't
applicable, so doesn't show.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://speirs.mine.nu

(No email unless requested please)

0
Hamish

disab le the ability to cancel a login on Win XP pro with Netware Client
I am posing this question to the discussion group. How can we through Novell 5.1 with a Win XP 4.9 client require a login with a user name and password rather than establishing a BIOS password. Thank you in advance. Also is there a specific location where I would be able to acces this information? Gary Hawk H-L School Bascom, Ohio Gary, Since the Windows NT security model requires you to logon locally or via a domain you need to authenticate to a Windows account in addition to eDirectory(NDS). Its usually recommended to sync the account names and passwords between Wind...

MS Client comes up before Netware client login
MS Client comes up before Netware client login. I try reinstalling client. Any ideals? Do any of these TIDs help? 10086499 10099762 -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop ...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

ZCM login fails
I'm evaluating ZCM 10.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2, one machine with XP SP3, Novell Client 4.91 SP5 and ZCM Client 10.3.0.27649 eDirectory as user source, the same username and password on windopws xp and eDir. Novell Client login is fine, but then I get ZCM login window with the same username. Entering the correct password brings me the message "Unable to log into the network because the login credentials or the server certificate is incorrect." I have reinstalled the Novell Client and tried a lot of things from TID 3273870 - no success - I just cannot logi...

Netware client not seeing new NW6 tree in login client
Hi everyone. I have a small tech lab, and had two NW servers running merely for training purposes. A 5.1 box and 6 box. Both ran fine and saw each other, etc.... I downed the 5.1 box and wiped the 6 box with a fresh install. All went well, created new NDS tree.....now on the client XP and 2KPRO, the netware client login app cannot find the new NDS tree on the freshly installed NW6 box, and the windows login fails too, all I can do is log in locally to the work station. What did I miss here? I checked the properties of the client app, wiped out any set preferences for the...

Client install on XP workstation
The 7.0.1 client on a new XP SP2 machine, closes just as the splash screen appears. When you double-click either grpwise.exe or notify.exe (shortcut or actual file) you see the .exe list in task manager�s processes for 1 or 2 seconds. During the 1 or 2 seconds, you see the GW splash screen. After the two seconds the splash screen closes. You never make it to a login. Any local account on that workstation has the same issue. The Novel Client is 4.91 SP2 with all the latest update patches. The XP firewall is turned off and no errors are found in the Event Viewer. In addit...

Win2K clients prompted for login while XP clients work fine
I have an ASP.NET 2 VB web application built in VS2005. It is deployed to a shared virtual directory on our Intranet site running on a Win2003Svr/IIS6 box. All setup is for Integrated Windows security. A user logged in on an XP box has no problem running the app. The same user on a Win2K Pro box is prompted for a login which fails regardless of validity and is bounced to a 401.3 error page. What up? sbunce:  A user logged in on an XP box has no problem running the app. The same user on a Win2K Pro box is prompted for a login which f...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

Netware Client Login
I too am having problems with an XP Professional operating system loaded on a workstation. The Novell Client see that the workstation on on the network and brongs the login screen to the desktop. But when login is attempted, the message "cannot find tree or server" appears. Manual entry of the proper path does no good. What might be the problem and how has anyone else solved this problem? Setup DHCP to hand out the IP-Numbers of a server that holds Replica of your Users, and setup the Client under DHCP Settings to use server with binary data. Quick check......

Web resources about - client login fields - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Lawyer labels client 'stupid' after New Year text to ex lands him behind bars for a week
Man's five days in prison for New Year text was significant &quot;wake-up call&quot;, lawyer says.

'They're robbers': Debt management firms leaving clients worse off
Debt vultures promise to sort out your money problems, but sometimes, they can make matters worse.

Beyond Biglaw: Categorizing Clients
In order to make a good decision about how to handle clients, it is important to assess their actual or potential contribution to the firm’s ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Spotlight On NW Creative: Fell Swoop And Its Unique Client Mix
After living in Seattle for a few years, it’s become clear to me that many shops here struggle to capture significant business from clients headquartered ...

New online FX broker group rails against client money laws
A group of online broking firms have launched a desperate bid to sway the government on its proposed client fund segregation laws.

SanDisk Announces X400 Client SSD for OEMs
... Like the X300, the X400 uses TLC NAND flash and relies on SLC-mode write caching to provide competitive write speeds. SanDisk OEM Client SSD ...