Client logging in quickly- ldap contextless login = error

We are still having this issue - with ldap contextless login set

Tid '7006626'
(http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7006626&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=305126768&stateId=0%200%20305130416):

the client can login within 30 seconds without the listed error code
(specifically Error code:  0x800789FC ) - with NO ldap contextless
login

As soon as we enable - LDAP CONTEXTLESS LOGiN - it all fails again

Actually it fails almost immediately with error - The tree or server
cannot be found - Error code:  0x800789FC - usually 5 seconds
Even if we set the connection timeout to 40 seconds
OR
pre-populate the tree and search contexts
OR
Windows registry:
"Max Retries Boot Threshold"  - has no bearing either with the
contextless login set...

Client currently is version 2Sp2IR1  - tried earlier versions as well

Can anyone verify/reproduce the same error  ?

Anyone know of a tid or work around  - other than telling the user to
wait?

thanks Joe

--
MRL

MRL

If I remember correctly I had problems with LDAP contextless login in
non treeless mode if the ZCM agent was installed and running on the PC
in question. But switching to treeless usually resolved that problem.

If I use autologon/autologin I experince timing problems at every 3rd
bootup.

--
W. Prindl

MRL wrote:

>We are still having this issue - with ldap contextless login set
>
>Tid '7006626'
>(http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7006626&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=305126768&stateId=0%200%20305130416):
>
>the client can login within 30 seconds without the listed error code
>(specifically Error code:  0x800789FC ) - with NO ldap contextless
>login
>
>As soon as we enable - LDAP CONTEXTLESS LOGiN - it all fails again
>
>Actually it fails almost immediately with error - The tree or server
>cannot be found - Error code:  0x800789FC - usually 5 seconds
>Even if we set the connection timeout to 40 seconds
>OR
>pre-populate the tree and search contexts
>OR
>Windows registry:
>"Max Retries Boot Threshold"  - has no bearing either with the
>contextless login set...
>
>Client currently is version 2Sp2IR1  - tried earlier versions as well
>
>Can anyone verify/reproduce the same error  ?
>
>Anyone know of a tid or work around  - other than telling the user to
>wait?
>
>thanks Joe
0
W_

LDAP Disabling anonymous binds stops Netware client from doing contextless login
Edirectory 8.7.3.3 Netware Client 4.9.0 SP2 Proxy_User has been created with blank password. I have been instructed by our auditors to disable anonymous binds on the LDAP server object. When I do this the LDAP contextless login feature of the Netware client stops working. I've been reading the documentation and tids on ldap and feel as if I'm going in circles... :) Can someone lend a hand, or point me to a good, complete document that discusses LDAP configuration, security, requirements, etc? Thanks in advance. Cheryl Fischer Cheryl Fischer Network / Email Admin...

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

Client netware login error
Hi, I have a nw5.1sp6 server with bm36sp2 installed. (I use dynamic NAT and NAT implicit filtering = enabled) I am trying to set up client to site vpn access from my home (WINDOWS XP Novell client 4.93 sp2 VPN client 3.7). Here is my error - When I try to login the following events occur 1.) It authenticates 2.) Enable IP encryption 3.) Then it starts performing netware login and gives me an error that it cant find the tree or server If I try to connect with "login to netware" unchecked then it goes through the above steps and then says connection setup is com...

LDAP Contextless login error
We have set up the contextless login per the documentation. The LDAP server is using the proxy user method for back end authentication. When we try to log into the client we get the following error: LGNCXW32.EXE LDAP Contextless login: Invalid scope context specified. Search will continue. Paul, What do you have the search context set as? It should be in the form ou=orgunit,o=organization. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) ...

LDAP Contextless login error
I have installed NW 6.5 in a new tree and configured an LDAP Proxy user. When I restart the server, Apache gives the following error * MASTER [server ip address][-1] ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81) ict@kerrier.gov.uk wrote: > I have installed NW 6.5 in a new tree and configured an LDAP Proxy user. > When I restart the server, Apache gives the following error > * MASTER [server ip address][-1] ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP > server (81) Can you connect to ldap on the server from any application? -andy Andy I can authenticate to...

BM38 VPN Client to site can not login to the netware client without speficing a server to log into
using the Novell client 4.90.0.0 SP1a NMAS BM38 VPN Client BM3xvpn9 The VPN portion connects to the BM Server and Internal IP Addresses can be pinged, even an application on a privite side Windows server that does not require authinication can be run. There are entries for each privie side Netware 6.5 server in the client's HOST file. In the client to site VPN Setup Under the DNS/SLP tab there are enties for Privite side DNS Servers and a server running the SLPDA, I assume that servers just running SLP are not listed. The problem is the netware client can not see the...

Error message on contextless LDAP login
Hello. We configured a XP-Pro Sp3 virtual machine for xendesktop. NW Client: 4.91 SP5 for contextless LDAP login. The login generally works, but there comes an error that the LDAP don't found the user. The login process works normal. First we use the windows-login, than the nw-login. For using our Citrix enviroment all users has aliases on one organization (For 50 Users we don't have performance problem) For LDAP there are two servers configured. We have one tree. In the client we configuerd the context with the aliases. Can the ldap work with aliases here, or must I use...

LDAP contextless login VISTA Client
Dear all, I am having issues with the Vista Beta client and LDAP. I set all of the settings to mirror our working XP configuration and I get the message "The system could not log you into the network. Make sure your name and connection information are correct" ......etc, etc. I am certain my credentials are correct. When I change the context to the OU the username resides, login works fine. Is there anyone out there who has come across this? Thanks in advance. Brett I have the opposite problem. I can get contextless login working, but I cannot get it to lo...

Vista Client LDAP Contextless login
The contextless login feature in the Vista 32 client (have not tested it with 64 bit) does not work from the Vista login screen, it works only if the Novell login is called via right mouse key on the red N in the task bar. This is a show stopper for our University, we have around 280 OU´s and need this feature on the general login screen. Configuration: Vista SP1, Novell Client for Windows Vista 1.0, Novell Client for Windows Vista Drivers Update 1, Novell Client for Windows Vista Update 6. -- Werner Seifert Informations Management der Johannes Kepler Universitä...

LDAP Contextless login
Running eDir 8.7.0.4 on NW5.1 LDAP contextless login works fine....except with users in one container. When a user in this specific container enters their ID it changes the context field, but adds a "\" character to the end of the container name ie, Interpretation\.Blah.Blah instead of: Interpretation.Blah.Blah Any ideas. Rob, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:...

LDAP Contextless login error #2
We have set up the contextless login per the documentation. The LDAP server is using the proxy user method for back end authentication. When we try to log into the client we get the following error: LGNCXW32.EXE LDAP Contextless login: Invalid scope context specified. Search will continue. According to the error message, your scope seems to be wrong. What scope did you use in your configuration? Remeber you have to use the LDAP syntax and dots become commas. For instance, if you want to search the context ou=abc.o=def you have to configure this as ou=abc,o=def -- Marcel...

Contextless Login: LDAP not found but logs in anyway?
Posting a new thread as I have failed to locate an identical problem elsewhere on the forums. I have an individual PC that keeps popping up with 'LDAP Contextless Login: No LDAP Server specified' at login. If a username and password has been entered, then after clicking 'OK' on the error box, login proceeds as usual into Windows rather than going back to the Novell login. Windows XP Pro, 4.91 SP5, Zenworks 7 LDAP Contextless Login is configured in exactly the same way as on over a hundred other workstations on which it is working without errors (ghost image,...

How could log in LDAP client to LDAP server
Hi, all. I have a LDAP server with YasT. I've done configure for LDAP client with YaST (doing step by step follow with Documentary of SLED) but I can't log in with users LDAP. I don't understand why it doesn't work. Need more help. Thank so much. -- lamtran_linux ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lamtran_linux, you need to provide us more information like what type of ldap configuration with what parameters did you use ? What ldap backend are you using ? OpenLDAP server, eDirectory, ... Can you run a ldapsearc...

Client 4.91 SP2 contextless LDAP login with aliases
Trying to roll out the new client version 4.91 SP2 but hitting an issue where users are presented with two choices for context, one user container, one alias container. Can the LDAP server be modified to ignore alias objects, or reference them back to the original user object. I know this is a "feature" that has been enabled in 4.91, but it's killing me!!! any way to turn it off would be appreciated, either at the client end, or on the LDAP server side. jvaz, Rumor has it said feature is currently working as designed. On the LDAP Contextless Login tab in ...

Web resources about - Client logging in quickly- ldap contextless login = error - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...