Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11

I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11
Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first
experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP
Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a
D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The
server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it
wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol
from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame type and
adress into IPX protocol. Same result. Changed cards. Same result.
The strange thing is that when I first try to login, I go to advanced,
click on the "Trees" button and eventually (it takes a long time" it shows
me the tree. But when I try to login it says "cannot find the tree"
anyway. Frankly I don't know what else to do �Any suggestions?

0
informatica

I would uninstall it completely, reboot, and install it fresh as IPX
only. It really should work.
--
 Andrew C Taubman
 Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp

 Opinions expressed above are not
 necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0
Andrew
4/23/2007 11:50:30 PM
> I would uninstall it completely, reboot, and install it fresh as IPX
> only. It really should work.

Indeed -- works just fine here...

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

> protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame
> type and adress into IPX protocol.

Generally you don't want to mess with the IPX settings - and definitely
don't want to enter any address infor. Reset that back to the default
all 0's, Frame type can be manually set - then uninstall the client,
reboot, reinstall.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

Client 4.91 SP4 XP and Netware 4.11 / NWADMIN does not start
Hello. I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32). NWADMN95 works. NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32) still works from an old W2K client. I tried the W2K compatability mode, but not success. No error message, just nothing happens after doubleclick on NWADMIN32. Thanks for help, Michael Michael, > I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were > W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start N...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Automatic XP Windows logon and netware client 4.91 SP3
Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the windows XP workstation one. There are multiple netware account users but single XP workstation user account. I would like this account to be a "user" one rather than power user or admin. Thanks Martin > "Martin Hoare" <martin.hoare@spc.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message > news:aNdwi.944$pG6.406@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > > Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the > windows XP workstation one. > > There are multiple net...

netware 4.11 and client 4.91
Can I use the 4.91 client on xp pro workstations connected to a NW 4.11 server? We've just deployed a bunch of new winxp pro computers, and are starting to get complaints that after logging in, all the novell network drives are missing. Subsequent logons (after several) seems to fix the problem at least for a little bit. Or maybe there's another solution? (Upgrading does not count, sorry!) Thanks. wh@photosourcefolio.com wrote: > Can I use the 4.91 client on xp pro workstations connected to a NW 4.11 > server? Not recommended. Best to use v4.83 SP2 whi...

Netware 4.0 Compatibility with Client 4.9 on XP
My server is running NetWare 4.0 and all of my Windows 98 workstations (running client 3.32) are able to login perfectly fine. I just got a new P4 Windows XP workstation though and installed the XP client 4.9 sp2, and that one will not login at all, it doesn't even show the tress or server in the advanced tab. Does anyone know how this could be corrected? Make sure to run the installation with 'Custom' 'IPX Only' options. Also, v4.9 is not the recommended client for NetWare4.x - you should uninstall it and install this client: http://www.novell.com/coolsol...

Need XP Client for Netware 4.11
I have looked everywhere for a client that will work with XP and Netware 4.11. I am setting up a test lab so I can run XP with our 4.11 server and I am new to Novell for the most part. Can you tell me where/what/how to find this client. Thanks, Craig Dynic USA The most recent one is v4.9, however for NetWare4.x - I recommend this one http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1764.html Please apply SP3 once installed at: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968055.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Netware Client 4.91 SP4 on XP 64
--____TCEKHTYIECUIBJNOODNZ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Mon, 29 Jul 2007 06:28:00 +0200" Novell newly declares (in Readme), that 4.91SP4 client can run on 64-bit = client, but it is not supported. I am trying to install (even as = non-suported software), but installer ends with error message,that the = software is only for 32-bit Windows. Are there any workaround, how to = install SP4 on x64? David Konicek --____TCEKHTYIECUIBJNOODNZ____ Content-Type: mul...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

Client Windows XP y Servidor Netware 4.11
Necesito hacer una consulta urgente, ya que disponemos de un Servidor Novell Netware 4.11 con Support Pack 9 y todo funciona correctamente con terminales Windows 98, pero al instalar terminales con Windows XP y el Novell Client 4.91 para Windows XP, no quiere hacer el login ya que no encuentra el Servidor o el �rbol. �Hay alguna incompatibilidad entre el Client 4.91 para XP y el Netware 4.11? �Que debo hacer, o donde me tengo que dirigir? A la espera de sus noticias. Gracias Gracias ya he visto que la respuesta estaba ya en el foro y que las recomendaciones son las qu...

Web resources about - Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ