Client 4.91 SP2 contextless LDAP login with aliases

Trying to roll out the new client version 4.91 SP2 but hitting an issue
where users are presented with two choices for context, one user
container, one alias container.  Can the LDAP server be modified to ignore
alias objects, or reference them back to the original user object.

I know this is a "feature" that has been enabled in 4.91, but it's killing
me!!! any way to turn it off would be appreciated, either at the client
end, or on the LDAP server side.
0
jvaz

jvaz,

Rumor has it said feature is currently working as designed.

On the LDAP Contextless Login tab in the client properties, check the
"Enable LDAP Context Search Scope" option and after you the add tree
enter the Context(s) to search for user object containers.  This assumes
your aliases and user objects are under different
containers/OUs/contexts in said tree.

--
Tony Pedretti
0

Tony Pedretti wrote:
> jvaz,
>
> Rumor has it said feature is currently working as designed.
>
> On the LDAP Contextless Login tab in the client properties, check the
> "Enable LDAP Context Search Scope" option and after you the add tree
> enter the Context(s) to search for user object containers.  This assumes
> your aliases and user objects are under different
> containers/OUs/contexts in said tree.
>
> --
> Tony Pedretti

0
Bogus
4/26/2006 8:49:59 PM
jvaz@centennialcollege.ca wrote:
> Trying to roll out the new client version 4.91 SP2 but hitting an issue
> where users are presented with two choices for context, one user
> container, one alias container.  Can the LDAP server be modified to ignore
> alias objects, or reference them back to the original user object.
>
> I know this is a "feature" that has been enabled in 4.91, but it's killing
> me!!! any way to turn it off would be appreciated, either at the client
> end, or on the LDAP server side.

This is now fixed in an updated LgnCxW32.dll

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2973820.htm

I tried this today - it works.

Deyan
0
Deyan
5/30/2006 5:36:29 PM
Some additional info in TID1377:
"This fix requires the following registry key and value:
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Graphical Login\NWLGE\LDAP
Contextless]
Value: Search Alias 1 is on,   0 is off

"LDAP Contextless Login displaying Alias objects"
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1377&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=4482202&stateId=0%200%204484494

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf

Client 4.91 SP4 XP SP2 & Contextless Login
Hello, I was just wondering if this is expected behavior from the Novell Client. I am setting up a new environment using OES2 Linux and ZCM, migrating from Netware 6.5 OES with a new tree. SLP is set up and DHCP works well. The issue is this, I am using ZCM to distribute a GP to the workstation using Shaun's ADM file. In the GP I have configured a Preferred Tree and LDAP Contextless Login settings. When a workstation is first set up, the client takes the settings right away. However, you cannot login using LDAP because the client does not try to use the LDAP.. the usern...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Contextless login in 4.91 SP2 & aliases
Hello! Prior to client 4.91 SP2 the LDAP contextless login module never looked for aliases. The search filter used was: (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(|(cn=username))) With 4.91 SP2 the filter is now: (&(|(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(objectClass=aliasObject))(|(cn=username))) With our tree design this causes the user to be presented with a choice of the real user object as well as several aliases (same cn, different context). It won't matter what they choose (they will always log in successfully), but it would be a usability disaster for our site (and I guess many...

Slowness After Login
Hello. I'm having a slowness problem with Novell Client 4.91 and Windows XP SP2. The login process is fine. The speed is fine. About a minute after login, the system "pauses," and refuses to do anything. (The Windows Task monitor will appear, but nothing seems to be hogging the processor) The "pause" lasts for about 1 minute, and then the system is fine. All client operations are normal. The problem does not occur if I choose "workstation only," so I'm pretty sure that it is related to the Novell client. However, the problem is intermit...

Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11
I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11 Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame typ...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Terminal serivices, Netware client 4.91.4, and login issue
Hello there, Back in April we were having problems logging in to Novell through a Terminal services session on our Windows 2000 Terminal Server. At the time it was recommended we update both the Novell Client(Now 4.91.4) and the terminal services client. For a while that seemed to resolve the login issue. However, now it has returned. I ran packet traces using WireShark and found that NMAS is returning a -1642 Login Failed message when the client contacts our GroupWise server (Our sole SLES 9 OES1 We have applied all patches from the channel and all service packs) to process ...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP and Netware 4.11 / NWADMIN does not start
Hello. I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32). NWADMN95 works. NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32) still works from an old W2K client. I tried the W2K compatability mode, but not success. No error message, just nothing happens after doubleclick on NWADMIN32. Thanks for help, Michael Michael, > I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were > W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start N...

Client32 4.90 SP2 and 4.91 B3 hang up on second login in Windows XP
Hi, The problem started manifesting itself sometime around November - December 2004. Environment: Windows XP SP2 with all latest patches. Server NW 4.11 with IP stack loaded. Client 4.90 SP2 with all PSP2 patches using IPX only. First login after reboot runs well 90% of a times. In about 10% of all cases it will hang on the login screen with the animated "connection" wait icon active indefinitely. Tried to leave it overnight, no difference. The only remedy is a hardware reset or shutdown. Second login, after a user logged off, never succeeds. Login screen disappears, Window...

Client 4.91 LDAP contextless SSL
Can someone tell me what the "total" security enhancement is by using SSL on the LDAP contextless? Does it secure the lookup of the name and that is it? Or does it provide for secure transmission "to" and "From" the servers for the entire time the workstation is logged into the network? Thanks for any help!! Neil Kaufenberg wrote: > Can someone tell me what the "total" security enhancement is by using > SSL on the LDAP contextless? > > Does it secure the lookup of the name and that is it? Or does it > provide for secure trans...

auto login with 4.91 client and XP
--____HAOKLFTVYMTBTAWWMYSJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 29 Sep 2005 09:24:00 -0500" I want to set a computer up so it automatically logins into the network = (through NDS) and the workstation without having to type in a password or = no user intervention. How can I do that? Thanks in Advance. --____HAOKLFTVYMTBTAWWMYSJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____JCELUMBHCSWQREFBOHSO____" --____JCELUMBHCSWQREFBOHSO____ Content-...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with czech diacritics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y...

ISSUE netware info NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1
I have Novell 5 SP6 server (IP and IPX).I am using NW client 4.91 and 4.91 SP1 on WinXP SP1, SP2 workstations - IP protocol is used. When i open netware info tab on XP machine - no information is present (look at screenshot). There is an directory with cyech diactics.When I use NW client 4.83 or 4.90 all informations are present. Thanks for your reply. begin 666 Nw issue.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_X0`617AI9@``24DJ``@```````````#_ MVP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L M(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R...

Web resources about - Client 4.91 SP2 contextless LDAP login with aliases - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Contextless Right-Wing Puke Funnel Video Good Enough for USDA Firing
I’m loath to jump on anything pushed by professional bully Andrew Breitbart, but since he rules the world of the traditional media and, apparently, ...

Contextless manga wtf - Imgur
Imgur is home to the web's most popular image content, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing. ...

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard
The Romney campaign thinks they have a winning Obama gaffe on their hands. At a Univision election forum this afternoon, President Obama admitted ...

Hugh Ryan (@Hugh_Ryan) on Twitter

Jonathan Martin, Future Gunner « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on ...
Guess the lawyers will sort out whatever happened between Richie Ingonito and Jonathan Martin.

Rewindy Isn't A Photo Sharing Service, It's A Story Platform
Over the years I've noticed that photos on Facebook, the world's largest photo sharing platform, are getting more and more contextless as people ...

“The Pacific”: A Regrettable Lack of Common Virtues
... Philippines. However, scenes in which Americans loot Japanese corpses for their gold teeth or murder wounded Japanese prisoners remain contextless ...

Even The Founder Of YouTube Can’t Stand Google+
Jawed Karim posts his first YouTube comment ever. Hard to see how these contextless, disembodied Google+ comments are an improvement, but hey! ...

Orioles announce slew of minor league coaches and staff
The Orioles announced all of their minor league coaches and player development staff on Thursday because it's not like there was anything else ...