Client 4.91 install error and XP SP2

I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following
error when the install should finish.

An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing:
Novell client for windows.

I haven't found any documentation on this. Any ideas woule be helpful.

Thanks,

Eric Kaufmann
0
kaufmann

kaufmann@slu.edu wrote:
> I am trying to deploy the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. I get the following
> error when the install should finish.
>
> An unknown error 0X00000001 (1) occured while installing:
> Novell client for windows.
>
> I haven't found any documentation on this. Any ideas woule be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric Kaufmann

Are you doing an unattended setup?

I had the same problem.
When you do an unattended setup of windows xp and your pushing the
novell client from the dir $oem$\$1\Install\Applications\clnt491e\

Than the copy fase in the text modus setup fase of windows xp will copy
all files with 8.3 naming standard thus braking some novell client32
files in the $oem$\$1\Install\Applications\clnt491e\ directory.

Solution to this problem is to make an archive of all the Novell client
files (I used winrar) and when this file is copied from the text modus
setup fase of windows xp run an extra command to do the extration and setup.

 From the cmdlines.txt:

[COMMANDS]
"c:\Install\Applications\clnt491e.exe"
"c:\Install\Applications\clnt491e\setupnw.exe
/u:c:\Install\Applications\clnt491e\unattend.txt"

Hope this make sense...

;-)

gl,

Louis
0
ISO

unable to install client 4.91 on windows XP SP2
Hi, I'm unable to install the Novell Client 4.91 (with pka+nwgina_3 patch) on a windows xp sp2 +post sp2 updates workstation. I get the following error when I start nwsetup.exe /ACU /U:unattend.txt "An unknow error 0x00000001 (1) occurred whil installing: Novell Client for Windows" Are there any debug switches available to get some more info to what is going wrong? I also did the setup manualy with and without the NMAS and NICI options both instances returned above mentioned error. Anybode else got client 4.91 installation issues on windows XP SP2? thanx,...

Client 4.91 SP3, XP and Netware 4.11
I'm having a lot of troubles to connect an XP Pro workstation with a 4.11 Novell network. All the other workstations use W98, so it's my first experience with this. The PC is a Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ with Windows XP Proffesional SP1. The network cards (I installed a second one) are a D-Link DFE 538TX and a NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Family RTL8139 Realtek. The server runs Novell 4.11. I installed Netware Client 4.91 SP3 and it wouldn't log in (giving message "cannot acces the tree"). Changed protocol from IPX and IP to IPX only. Same result. Entered correct frame typ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Client 4.91 SP4 XP and Netware 4.11 / NWADMIN does not start
Hello. I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32). NWADMN95 works. NWADMIN32 (from PUBLIC/WIN32) still works from an old W2K client. I tried the W2K compatability mode, but not success. No error message, just nothing happens after doubleclick on NWADMIN32. Thanks for help, Michael Michael, > I have a Netware 4.11 server running with new XP machines (before there were > W2K clients). I am using Client 4.91 SP4 and cannot anymore start N...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Client install 4.91 SP1 with XP
Hello, Is NMAS, NICI (or I think netidentity) required for a Novell product, ZEN for instance. Is is just a plus or is it going to "break" something if I don't install it. Thank you. Eric. Eric, > Is NMAS, NICI (or I think netidentity) required for a Novell product, ZEN > for instance. Is is just a plus or is it going to "break" something if I > don't install it. NMAS is required for BorderManager VPN and Universal password. NICI is needed for some stuff as well. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

Slowness After Login
Hello. I'm having a slowness problem with Novell Client 4.91 and Windows XP SP2. The login process is fine. The speed is fine. About a minute after login, the system "pauses," and refuses to do anything. (The Windows Task monitor will appear, but nothing seems to be hogging the processor) The "pause" lasts for about 1 minute, and then the system is fine. All client operations are normal. The problem does not occur if I choose "workstation only," so I'm pretty sure that it is related to the Novell client. However, the problem is intermit...

Netware Client 4.91 SP4 on XP 64
--____TCEKHTYIECUIBJNOODNZ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-2 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Mon, 29 Jul 2007 06:28:00 +0200" Novell newly declares (in Readme), that 4.91SP4 client can run on 64-bit = client, but it is not supported. I am trying to install (even as = non-suported software), but installer ends with error message,that the = software is only for 32-bit Windows. Are there any workaround, how to = install SP4 on x64? David Konicek --____TCEKHTYIECUIBJNOODNZ____ Content-Type: mul...

Client 4.91 sp4 and Windows XP sp2
We recently updated some of our field offices with new 6.5 servers and incorporated them into our WAN. While doing this we updated all workstations to the newest client we had (4.9.4). Everything worked great until recently. When we brought all the field stations into the WAN we also connected them to our SUS server so they could get some badly need updates. As workstations started getting sp2 for XP pushed down to them, clients began failing and had to be reinstalled (they worked fine after that). We have several workstations spread out over the state so I suspended the XPsp2 push...

XP SP 2 and 4.91 client install problem
I am trying to install the 4.91 client on XP SP 2. Right before the install finishes I get the following error. I get of error of 0000000x1. It says something like error 1 novell can't install. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric Kaufmann St.Louis University Eric, Is the Novell Client installation corrupt at that point? Any additional components of the client installed? Event Viewer logs in Windows showing anything unusual? Was Windows installed from scratch, a custom image, or an OEM image? Security or any other driver-based software like firew...

NDPS Win XP SP2 and NW Client 4.91
We are building a new image for XP sp2. Our old image had a bunch of software we no longer use and it's just time for a new image. Our old image was Win XP sp2 with the 4.91c client and it is working find with NDPS RPS. However our new image is not. I get an error "Driver Unsuitable for Installation" with a tag "winerror.h -126" The user is an adminisator on the machine and "everyone" has full rights to the c:\NDPS dir. I have uninstalled NMAS. We have also tried changing the driver version. What kills me is that it works fine on our o...

Web resources about - Client 4.91 install error and XP SP2 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

11 3D Touch apps to install today
Appleā€™s 3D Touch is an important step forward in mobile user interfaces. If you use an iPhone 6S you see it in action when you press a name in ...

Install these battery-killing, storage-hogging apps at your own risk
[/caption] The latest quarterly report from antivirus company AVG has outed the battery-killingest, storage-hoggingest apps currently available. ...

MLB Recommends All 30 Stadiums Install Additional Safety Netting
... too many baseball fans got seriously hurt by line-drive foul balls last season, which reignited the debate over whether stadiums should install ...