Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP

I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I
need to upgrade them Windows XP.  I ran the upgrade on one PC and during
the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load
several programs or files from the Novell CD.  I know all these files are
already on the computer.  Is there a way to not have to manually tell the
install to look for all these files?
0
travis_horn

We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os
upgrade.  we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after
the upgrade use the windows client for netware to map a drive and get the
client.
historically windows os does not like novell client in specific
circumstances this being one of those.

> I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I
> need to upgrade them Windows XP.  I ran the upgrade on one PC and
during
> the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load
> several programs or files from the Novell CD.  I know all these files
are
> already on the computer.  Is there a way to not have to manually tell
the
> install to look for all these files?

0
hfzahn

Client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2
Remote Management Service doesn't startup after reboot or restart! Operationssystem Windows XP with SP2! Clientversion 4.9 SP2! What is the reason and what can i do?????? Thomas, Verify stopping and/or setting Windows Firewall/ICS service to manual works around the issue. Earlier this month someone mentioned that "The work around was to add zenrem32.exe to the list of exceptions." As that exe is not a ZFD 3.x file I can find, you may want to try making an exception in the Windows Firewall control panel applet for "wuser32.exe". Technically ZENworks...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Explorer crashes with client 4.9 SP2 and Windows XP SP2.
Hi, I've rolled out about 70 desktops/laptops which are running client 4.9 SP2 on windows XP with SP2 installed, they have been rolled out using imagecast so they should all be the same. However after a while we are starting to experience explorer crashes, most of the time while working in lotus notes 6 but this has started to happen outside of notes occasionally. It appears to only happen when a file dialog or similar is brought up which is when it's listing the netware mapped drives so it would appear that this is the issue. has anyone else experienced this and...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

Client 4.9 sp2 for windows XP
Am I alone in finding that I cannot upgrade from Client 4.83Sp3 to 4.9 Sp2? When I click the ACU.exe I am asked if I want to upgrade. I say yes and then it says that it cannot find NWlangid.dll error 126 I have tried with the files on a folder on the server and also on the client machine. I have downloaded, litterally 100's of patches before (for Netware 5.1) and Clients for the older client machines running Win 98 and ME and never had this problem before. Had no problem upgrading 4.83 sp1 to Sp3 either. any ideas would be appreciated. regards Bernard Mocatta...

Client 4.9 for Windows 2000/XP
I am trying to find the Client 4.9 for XP. All I find is the service pack. You need the original first. How can I optain the client 4.9 for XP? 49SP1aCLTe.exe is a full NC with integrated SP1a: http://download.novell.com/givefile/FREE/cAFgGNoo23k~ <mcroberb@alpenacounty.org> wrote in message news:bol1d.8195$oo4.7803@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > I am trying to find the Client 4.9 for XP. All I find is the service > pack. You need the original first. How can I optain the client 4.9 for XP? > 49SP1aCLTe.exe is a full NC with integrated SP1a: > http://downlo...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Windows XP & 2000 Client 4.90SP2 Active Window Problem
I am not sure if I am posting this message in the correct forum. I recently upgraded a Clients NW 6.0 server to NW 6.5 SP3 OES. The server runs DNS, McAfee Netshield, TapeWare 7 SP7D and Bordermanager 3.8 SP3. This server also holds some data. The clients are mostly Windows XP SP1 but there are some Windows 2000 SP4 workstations. The problem I have is when the users are working along (Doesn't matter what application they are in) they get kicked out of the active window. They are still logged into the servers and they can click back into the window they were working in to co...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Error message indicates that a file on the Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is required to continue the upgrade to Windows XP Professional SP2
followup to grc.techtalk Error message indicates that a file on the Windows XP Professional CD-ROM is required to continue the upgrade to Windows XP Professional SP2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894726 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 894726 Last Review : March 2, 2005 Revision : 2. SYMPTOMS When you try to upgrade your computer from Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (SP2) to Windows XP Professional SP2, you receive an e...

Question on utility NWADMIN for NetWare 4.0 which are compatible with Windows 2000 Pro Windows XP Pro
Good afternoon! On a file server it is established NetWare 4.0. Earlier management of this server was carried out by means of utility NWADMIN95 which is established on the computer with Windows 98SE and Client32. Now there is a question of installation on all computers Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro. Thus on official site Novell.com i have found utilities NWADMIN and Client32 only for NetWare 5.0 and later versions. Though these utilities are compatible with Windows 2000/XP Pro, these utilities are incompatible with Netware 4.0. Ask to inf...

Proposal Round 2: Drop active support of Windows 2000, Windows XP (no service pack) and Windows XP SP1
See the previous thread for the story so far: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.planning/browse_thread/thread/67ddcaa5c897a58b# What seems to be a reasonable step is to declare that Windows XP SP2 is the lowest supported version of Windows. Older versions will not be blocked from working based on current plans, but are considered unsupported. What Unsupported Means: * No tinderbox coverage * No QA coverage * No unit test or talos performance coverage * Bugs only affecting these platforms will not be considered as blocking any release 1.9.2 or later. ** We wil...

Windows XP and NW Client 4.83SP3/4.9
Hello, I have a site with Netware 6.0SBS SP3. Netware server has Arcserve v9. Site also runs Syamnetc AV Corp Edition 8.0 on a separate NT box. All clients are XP with SP1. We also have MS Software Update Server (SUS) running on a WIndows 2000 server. All clients are auto updated with lates MS security. Some clients are extrememly slow. Just to start windows explorer takes about 5mins. Any ideas? When you installed the client, did you use the default install? Issues might include loading both IPX and IP support here. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sy...

Web resources about - Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

Windows 10 Mobile review: Windows on phones gets rebooted. Again.
One way or another, Microsoft has been promising Windows 10 Mobile for years. References to "Windows Everywhere," the notion that some version ...

Windows 10 patch messing with your Office 2016 templates? Here's how you can get them back
A cumulative Windows 10 patch has had some Word 2016 users cringing in despair. The patch, titled Cumulative Update KB3124200 , is causing the ...

Major app developers are bringing their apps to the Windows phone
Microsoft's plan to get apps onto phones that runs Windows seems to be working as more and more developers are bringing their apps to the platform. ...

Virgin Mary image seen on Ga. church window
Rainbow-hued coating on window pane inspires Catholic priest to post on FaceBook

Microsoft preps for Windows 10 upgrade push
Windows 10 is now on more than 148 million PCs , according to data from analytics vendor Net Applications. But the rate at which users are moving ...

iOS concept brings joy of Windows to iPad
iOS 9 finally brought split-screen views to the iPad, but it’s still not nearly as useful as the windowed multitasking views you get on a Mac. ...

I Can See An Empty Bank Account From My Window
Not mine, for once. With oil prices down along with oil production, the state is facing an Alaska-size shortfall: Two-thirds of the revenue ...