Client 4.9 auto login breaks Win XP Remote Desktop

I recently installed the auto login for Novell client 4.9 and now whenever
I try to use remote desktop to connect to the computer, it opens and
closes stating that the remote session was ended.  Is there any fix for
this that will allow me to keep using the auto login, and yet still be
able to remote desktop into the machine?
0
silk42

Silk42,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
6/22/2004 8:29:35 AM
I can't get autologon to work at all with cL4.90, any tips?
0
roger
6/22/2004 11:03:58 PM
> I can't get autologon to work at all with cL4.90, any tips?

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10087621.htm

Just follow the directions in this article.  Plus, make sure that you
disable NMAS Authentication in the Novell Client under the Advanced Login
tab.
0
silk42

Remote Access with Win XP and Netware Client 4.9?
I have a few XP laptops I'm trying to get working for home and the office. The laptops are running Novell Netware Client 4.9, and I got them working in the office, no problem. They had to be configured for IP and IPX, and it was a cinch to get going. We use a Netware Server for Groupwise, and other hosted shared applications. I figured the same login and password would work remotely, but it doesn't. Is there anything I have to do special to get this working? I heard about Remote Access Service (RAS), but I can't find it. betaphiwoozy, VPN is usually the best app...

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

Netware 4.0 Compatibility with Client 4.9 on XP
My server is running NetWare 4.0 and all of my Windows 98 workstations (running client 3.32) are able to login perfectly fine. I just got a new P4 Windows XP workstation though and installed the XP client 4.9 sp2, and that one will not login at all, it doesn't even show the tress or server in the advanced tab. Does anyone know how this could be corrected? Make sure to run the installation with 'Custom' 'IPX Only' options. Also, v4.9 is not the recommended client for NetWare4.x - you should uninstall it and install this client: http://www.novell.com/coolsol...

netware 4.11 - windows XP
We have been running 4.11 with various workstations.(dos, windows of many flavors up to and including XP Homeand XP Professsional) Most workstations use client 4.83 with no problem. Our primary use is a dos based program using a btrieve engine. Every machine is fundamentally working fine. I just bought a brand new workstation and downloaded client 4.9. I coudn't connect to the server. I ugraded to XP Pro and after much effort, I connected to the server. The problem is when I run the program with the btreive engine, it always freezes up after a few minutes. Any advise? Help ...

Client 4.83SP1 / 4.9 / XP SP1 login aborting
We have been having an issue in the last week with multiple Windows XP SP1 workstations, seen on both Client 4.83SP1 and 4.9. (Still checking to see if workstations with 4.83 SP2 clients are getting it). The user logs in, it accepts username and password, gets partway through the login process (to the point of creating a dynamic local user and copying the roaming profile but not to the point of running the login script) and then the login process aborts. No error message or anything, just flicks back to the Ctrl-Alt-Delete login banner. This is on the first login after reboot. ...

Netware client 4.9 on XP
I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always. I added a static IP for it, added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client. I started with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now. When I log into the workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available. I know that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation. If I choose workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the Windows 2000 servers. It has to be a client issue and is only with this newest workstation. Any ideas?? Try if the problem also exists with SP1: ...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

client 4.9 sp2 for win XP
I installed this latest client on a newly installed XP workstation and the client fails to see servers, trees, and connot log on. All of my other clients I have placed this on work, however they were upgrades not new installs. I simply ran the typical install after placing a new realtk NIC in the machine. The nic is working with Internet, but I cannot log onto any servers. Thanks 1) If running IP, is SLP configured on the client and server? 2) If running IPX, be sure to specify the IPX Frame-Type. wrote: > I installed this latest client on a newly installed XP workst...

auto login with 4.91 client and XP
--____HAOKLFTVYMTBTAWWMYSJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 29 Sep 2005 09:24:00 -0500" I want to set a computer up so it automatically logins into the network = (through NDS) and the workstation without having to type in a password or = no user intervention. How can I do that? Thanks in Advance. --____HAOKLFTVYMTBTAWWMYSJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____JCELUMBHCSWQREFBOHSO____" --____JCELUMBHCSWQREFBOHSO____ Content-...

Win XP SP2 / Client 4.9 SP2
Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? What is "Windows XP SP2"? Where can I get it? ;-) <dnowak@robinsonknife.com> wrote in message news:ixUJc.4547$gg.2326@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? > Is Netware Client 4.9 SP2 compatible with Windows XP SP2 ??? Yes -- there are some post SP2 updates to the 4.9 client -- they are not 'full release' yet but might be of use here as well. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop dnowak, I've bee...

Remove Netware Client 4.9 on Windows XP
I use a unattend.txt to do the install. Then I edit that file and add the DoRemove=YES and it looks like it works. But at the end I get a error saying: "The installation was not completed successfully". But if I reboot then it looks like everything is gone. I need some way of removing the client from about 800 workstations, and I would like some way of scripting it. I did a search on CoolSolutions and the knowledgebase and did not really come up with anything that helped. Thanks, Greg Marcom marcom@purdue.edu Technical Support Administrator Purdue University ...

Client not mapping drives XP Pro Client 4.83sp1
I am having a problem getting any novell client on an XP Pro machine mapping drives. I have tried every client from 4.83 sp1 through the current beta. I have tried re-installing the clients with every install option, but it will not map any drives for ANY client. Untill 5-28-2004 I have never had this problem with any other computer on location. This is happening to any new (new or reloaded with a fresh copy of xp). Other 25 computers on site work fine, acconts log in on other computers ok, but any new copmuter I try to log in will not map drives. Is there something real...

4.1 client 4.9 on xp
I have been installing 4.9 client using just ipx fine for a few months. I tried to upgrade a user with 4.9 client and get an error saying cannot access tree when i try and choose a context. It lets me choose the tree fine. I have 2 trees, a corporate one and a test one. The pc can see servers on the test one, but not the corporate one. Any ideas. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, even went back to client 4.8.3 and still does not work. Currently have 4.9 installed as ipx only. Thank you While 4.9 SP1A with IPX only should work, given the 4.11 ne...

Web resources about - Client 4.9 auto login breaks Win XP Remote Desktop - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Twitter Now Shows Ads to Some Logged-Out Visitors on Desktop - Digital - Advertising Age
Every month 307 million people around the world log in to their Twitter accounts to check up on what's going on in the world. But even more people ...

Desktop and mobile habits of employees revealed
... about the diversity of employee interactions with their company content. Findings include that only 15 percent of users utilized both desktop ...

Nine Consecutive Billion-Dollar Days of Online Desktop Spending Mark the Longest Streak Ever
Cyber Week, the week beginning with Cyber Monday, posted solid growth online, raking in $9.7 billion in desktop spending for an increase of 7 ...

Desktop Games: Perfect Stocking Stuffers for Office Drones
... NEW YORK CITY — Give the clock-watcher in your life the ultimate gift: the title of most-entertaining person in the office. These desktop games ...

Pushbullet Gets Group Texting From Desktop, Drive Changing in Remote Files
... that will give you increased access to files when attempting to access them remotely, along with the ability to group text from your desktop ...

Ancestry kills its desktop software, moves to online subscriptions
Ancestry.com has announced that it's getting rid of its desktop software options at the end of the year. The company is reacting to what it sees ...

Linux Mint 17.3 Stabilizes Cinnamon Desktop
The final Linux Mint update for 2015, code-named "Rosa," focuses on stability and further enhancing the desktop user experience.

ET deals: Save on desktop PCs, HDTVs, and more during Green Monday
Did you miss out on the incredible deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Still have Christmas shopping to take care of? Well, today is ...

Facebook starts letting desktop users prioritize friends and pages in news feed
... that it’s taking away control over what they see. But users will get some of that control back with news feed preferences, rolling out to desktop ...