Changing password- error fffffa27

Hello,

I have some problems with a specific PC.
Running windows 7 SP1 (64b) and Novell client 2 SP1 IR5. I did an
update to IR8, but the problem is the same.

The user has 6 grace logins for changing his password.
With this user, the counter is decreased by 2. So after the 3th login,
he has no grace logins left.
When changing the password, I get this message '*LOGIN-LGNWNT32-710:
The password could not be changed. Error fffffa27*'.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Lainkes

--
alain-janquart

alain

alain-janquart,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0
Automatic
3/20/2012 6:22:15 PM
No real ideas here, but fffffa27 =  CCS_E_AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE -1497
and comes from NICI. TID 3576402 has many possible causes for that
error.

Is it just this one user? What if he moves to another PC, and someone
else uses his - does the problem move with the user or stay with the
PC?

BTW Client 2 SP2 IR2 has just been released.

--
Andrew C Taubman

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
ataubman's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=34
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453447

0
ataubman
3/20/2012 9:46:01 PM
Please Run "DSrepair -a -U" (if it's a NetWare Server) and "NDSrepair
-U" (if it's a SLES10/11 OES2/OES11) server.
As Andrew stated - updating the Novell Client - usually does correct
some issue that we think may be directory related.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453447

0
leroyjjr
3/20/2012 10:46:02 PM
leroyjjr;2183884 Wrote:
> Please Run "DSrepair -a -U" (if it's a NetWare Server) and "NDSrepair
> -U" (if it's a SLES10/11 OES2/OES11) server.

Em, sorry... please never do this, the repair using the U (unattended)
option.  In the wrong scenario where something is amiss that can really
mess the eDirectory up in a bad way.

Check the state of the eDirectory health using the iMonitor tool or
with "soft" checks like;

ndsrepair -T  #check NTP/timesync across replicating servers
ndsrepair -E   #checks sync status across replicating servers
ndsrepair -C -Ad -A   #checks obituaries and references  (there can
always be unprocessed ones in there, but should get handled
automatically within time (upto a day)

If you feel you need to repair, use the "ndsrepair -R" option, which
does a local dib repair.

Above actions are for eDir on Linux, for those running eDir on
NetWare/Windows these options are found within the DSrepair GUI/console
tool (along with the advanced option).

-Willem

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (voluntary sysop)

It ain't anything like Harry Potter.. but you gotta love the magic IT
can bring to this world
magic31's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=2303
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453447

0
magic31
3/21/2012 10:36:01 AM
Willem - Yes you are correct - - If your Replicas are unhealthy, it
could cause more issues than you had previously.
Thanks for correcting a gross oversight.

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=453447

0
leroyjjr

Can't change NT domain passwords after Netware password change
Our users login to Netware and also an NT domain through the Novell Client. Used to be able to synchronise NT domain passwords after a Netware password change with older client versions but now can't (gives you "don't have sufficient rights" even though the domain policy allows users to change their passwords). Have upgraded to Client 4.9 SP2 with SP2b post SP2 fixes, tried turning of NMAS under Advanced Login, and also uinstalled NMAS completely through Add/Remove programs. It's making our users life (and ours) more difficult after a password change ...

Netware Error 1073 126:- 319 Unable to change password
When I attempt to change a users password I am getting the following error: (Error 1073) Netware Administrator. The password could not be changed. Error Code: 126:-319 This was previously working on my machine. When it stopped working we reinstalled all the Netware components but it still fails. I have tried turning NMAS off via network connections - Advanced login, but this makes no difference. We have another machine working fine with NMAS on. I can unlock accounts and even delete accounts, but I am unable to change passwords. Any help or advice would be much appreciat...

error 0xfffffda7
I have Netware Client 4.91 SP1 installed on a Win2K box in a Netware 4.11 Environment. End user attempts to change password using control+alt+delete - receives error message: Attempt to change password for server XXX failed. Error message: 0xfffffda7 I have performed a few google searches and it points to the Netware Client but have not found a resolution. Is there a fix for this? Thank you This has been mentioned as a 601 error... -601 errors when administering BM or changing passwords http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10092091.htm Can you verif...

NMAS Password error on Universal Password change
Hi Forum this server is a NetWare 6.5 SP7, with SS206 Security Services installed. Not sure if this it the right forum to post this, i hava test tree that is to work as a test environment for a IDM setup, when i try to set a restored users Universal Password i get this in the trace: 15:42:52 94772340 NMAS: 27: Create NMAS Session 15:42:52 94772340 NMAS: 27: Trying local password login shortcut 15:42:52 94772340 NMAS: 27: NMAS_LocalPwdLogin: client supplied user DN CN=admin1.O=TEST 15:42:52 94772340 NMAS: 27: NMAS_LocalPwdLogin: actual user DN CN=admin1.O=TEST 15:42:52 9477...

changing windows password to match netware password is grayed out
I have a windows 2000 machine. I have novell client 4.9 sp1a installed. I have tried looking this up on the microsoft website and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know why the option to change the windows password to match the netware password after a successful login is grayed out? On Thu, 13 May 2004 18:11:40 GMT, dnolan@iquest.net wrote: >I have a windows 2000 machine. I have novell client 4.9 sp1a installed. I >have tried looking this up on the microsoft website and couldn't find >anything. Does anyone know why the option to change the windows password ...

Auditing password changes/root password changes
What log files can I look at to find out when passwords are getting changed? In particular, the root password. thanks, John John, /etc/shadow Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. I see two shadow files. One is named shadow.old with date of 5/15/07. The second shadow files has a date of 5/21/07. I did reset root password on 5/21/07. Is this what I am looking for? On May 15th root password was changed and again on May 21st it was changed again???? Here is example of sha...

Password changed in XP
I have ZCM agent installed on workstation Windows XP. There is no Active Directory. We dont use nwclient. After user changed password in windows, he cannot login to Zenworks, using new windows password. Is it possible to make password synchronization between windows user and eDirectory during password change, or maybe some other way to change password in eDirectory by user? You want to configure a "Dynamic Local User Policy". This will force the local Windows Password to match the eDir password. In fact, it will even create a local account if need be. -- Crai...

Changing Password Error
EAServer (Jaguar CTS) Version 3.6.1 running on NT 4.0, SP6 MVS DB2 Version 6 DB2 Connect Version 7.1 I am attemping to allow a user to change their MVS ACF2 password. This can be done with a feature of DB2 connect by using a "NEWPWD" parameter on the connectstring dbparm... i.e. ConnectString='DSN=SYSX;UID=USERA;PWD=PASSA;NEWPWD=PASSB' The above connectstring will successfully change a user's MVS ACF2 password if issued from a normal 2-tier Powerbuilder Application. When the same functionality is provide via a component deployed to jaguar, it appears tha...

Change Any XP Password??
According to the link below any user can change any XP password. It this true? It seems unlikely that there is such an easy workaround for the XP password system. P N ----- To change an account password: 1) While logged onto the computer, click on Start>Run>and type in CMD. 2) Once you see the name of the account that you would like to change, type in net user then the name of the account then * and press enter. heres an example: net user administrator * 3) From there it should ask for a new password. Type in your new password and once more to confirm it and you&...

change password error
I have several machines Windows XP SP1 with Novell 4.90 SP2 loaded. Theses machines are also in AD and when the users password expires they get the traditional screen of "The password for user XXXXX has expired. Do you want to change your password" Funny thing here is typically in the user area you would see the username, however it says "[public]". When the user clicks yes to change the password they get 1 of 2 errors. lgnwnt32.dll-100 Accesss has been denied or lgnwnt32.dll-710 The password could not be changed. error fffffd86 If I back rev the clien...

Change Password errors
Running latest client with all PUBLIC released patches on windows XP and having issues with changing passwords. When users hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and select the Chnage Password button they get a message that the password typed does not match their eDirectory password. I am able to reproduce the problem with my account so I have ruled out user error and it is happening on all systems now running the latest build of the client so it is not a machine problem. We are running 6.5spk6 on all production servers and there are no eDirectory errors or sync issues. I have tried to remove the clie...

Error when changing password
we use universal password, assigned password policy. gradually we assign containers to this policy we have edir 8.8.2 client 4.94.4, nw 6.5 sp7 then we expire the passwords for certain container user is represented with Novell change password box when user tries to change we get following error LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL ... error ffffc173 password could not be changed any suggestions because knowledgebase gives no results. -- icjmaert ------------------------------------------------------------------------ icjmaert <icjmaert@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: &g...

Password change error
Hi Running client 4.90 SP2 on a NT4 workstation. Workstation has a computer account within Active Directory. User can logon to both NDS tree and Active Directory successfully. When user tries to change password the NDS is changed successfully but receives an error message when trying to change the Active Directory password. The error message is "The attempt to change the password failed. Error code was 0x35 (53). Has anyone an idea about this? Thanks Philip Wright Philip, These post-updates to 4.90 SP2 may apply... Novell Client 4.9 Post-SP2 NOVNPN...

Change password error
Hi I create a page .aspx for my users change their password. But when I click , my users profil is lock out and the password don't change in data base. However in database the field "islockout" from table aspnet_membership change to 1 I don't understand why my password don't change. And in my web.config : <membership defaultProvider="membershipProvider"> <providers> <add connectionStringName="connectionString" applicationName="/Novagate" description="" passwordAttemptWindow="10" minRequiredPasswordLength="3" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" password...

Web resources about - Changing password- error fffffa27 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Keeper Password Manager gains fingerprint support and more for Marshmallow users
Keeper Password Manager, a great solution to keep your passwords safe, has been updated with support for the new features of Android Marshmallow. ...

Dashlane password manager updated with 3D Touch and iOS 9 features
AgileBits 1Password may be the preferred password management app of many iOS device users (including most of us here on AppAdvice). But the latest ...

Password-pilfering app exposes weakness in iOS and Android vetting process
Highlighting crucial weaknesses in Apple's and Google's processes for admitting new titles into their competing app stores, both companies have ...

WARNING: Change your Amazon password now — Amazon suffers potential password leak
The Black Friday 2015 shopping season is upon us and Amazon's big Black Friday sale is in full swing , but some Amazon customers have received ...

DEUTSCHE BANK: Killing passwords is the future of security
Deutsche Bank is considering scrapping traditional passwords in favour of thumbprint technology, facial recognition, and smart tech that knows ...

Deutsche Bank is considering killing passwords to making online banking safer