Change login Graphic

Does anyone know how i could change the login graphic or what file it
is
contained in and where it is located?  What i want to do is maybe put
my
company logo there instead of the novell netware grahic.  I am talking
about the screen that first comes up above the user id and password
field.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

0
mwerner

If it could be change, this inquiry would be best handled in the
developer forum. http://developer.novell.com

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
11/5/2003 7:25:06 PM
check out this Cool Tool:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/trenches/tr_login_bmp_selector_nw.html

:)  works great, but the documentation says that the default
bitmap size is 452x113 pixels - i found that the default bitmap
size for 4.83SP2e client is 456x75 pixels...

i believe that you can use whatever size you want, though.

<mwerner@bop.gov> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how i could change the login graphic or what
file it is
> contained in and where it is located?  What i want to do is
maybe put my
> company logo there instead of the novell netware grahic.  I am
talking a
> about the screen that first comes up above the user id and
password
> field.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

0
Peter
11/5/2003 7:39:57 PM
> is changing of the image now not possible with the latest
> client?

I don't know. I didn't know such utility existed.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Edison
11/6/2003 5:57:05 PM
ok - thanks!

"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message
> > is changing of the image now not possible with the latest
> > client?
>
> I don't know. I didn't know such utility existed.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
Peter
11/6/2003 8:33:20 PM
I believe it is nwelcome.bmp (something like that - definitely
nw*.bmp)
and it is in c:\winnt or c:\windows

I am also BOP - I'll send you ours tomorrow when I get to work.

Greg

> Does anyone know how i could change the login graphic or what file
it
is
> contained in and where it is located?  What i want to do is maybe
put
my
> company logo there instead of the novell netware grahic.  I am
talking
> about the screen that first comes up above the user id and password

> field.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

0
cismaxz
11/13/2003 1:59:31 AM
Try this registry setting:

1. Create the following Key
HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/Banner

2. Create the following String Value
Image

3. Dbl-click on Image and set the value to point to the path of the
bitmap (C:\images\logo.bmp)

The logo should definitely be the same size as the client logo. I have

tested with 455x75. Don't forget the colors make change depending on
how
you save it and the workstation you're viewing it from.

> I believe it is nwelcome.bmp (something like that - definitely
nw*.bmp)
> and it is in c:\winnt or c:\windows
>
> I am also BOP - I'll send you ours tomorrow when I get to work.
>
> Greg
>
> > Does anyone know how i could change the login graphic or what file
it
> is
> > contained in and where it is located?  What i want to do is maybe
put
> my
> > company logo there instead of the novell netware grahic.  I am
talking
> > about the screen that first comes up above the user id and
password
> > field.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

0
markhenderson
11/14/2003 12:04:04 AM
How can I get the setupnw.exe  to copy the logo.bmp to
c:\images\logo.bmp during the install?

I can see that NCIMan > Import Registry will take care of
HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/Banner Image=C:\images\logo.bmp

Kirk Fontaine
Dawson College

markhenderson-removetoemail@gsu.edu wrote:
> Try this registry setting:
>
> 1. Create the following Key
> HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/Banner
>
> 2. Create the following String Value
> Image
>
> 3. Dbl-click on Image and set the value to point to the path of the
> bitmap (C:\images\logo.bmp)
>
> The logo should definitely be the same size as the client logo. I have
>
> tested with 455x75. Don't forget the colors make change depending on
> how
> you save it and the workstation you're viewing it from.
>

>>I believe it is nwelcome.bmp (something like that - definitely
>
> nw*.bmp)
>
>>and it is in c:\winnt or c:\windows
>>
>>I am also BOP - I'll send you ours tomorrow when I get to work.
>>
>>Greg
>>

>>>Does anyone know how i could change the login graphic or what file
>>
> it
>
>>is
>>
>>>contained in and where it is located?  What i want to do is maybe
>>
> put
>
>>my
>>
>>>company logo there instead of the novell netware grahic.  I am
>>
> talking

>>>about the screen that first comes up above the user id and
>>
> password
>
>>>field.  Thanks for any advice in advance.

0
Kirk
5/30/2006 6:01:44 PM
Kirk,

> How can I get the setupnw.exe  to copy the logo.bmp to
> c:\images\logo.bmp during the install?

Edit the .\winnt\i386\nls\english\iwclient.inf file

Search for "[win.fl]", under there add the name of your bitmap file - eg
logo.bmp

Copy your bitmap file to the same directory: .\winnt\i386\nls\english

Then install.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
5/30/2006 6:30:46 PM
Thanks!!

Kirk
Dawson College, Montreal

Hamish Speirs wrote:
> Kirk,
>
>> How can I get the setupnw.exe  to copy the logo.bmp to
>> c:\images\logo.bmp during the install?
>

> Edit the .\winnt\i386\nls\english\iwclient.inf file
>
> Search for "[win.fl]", under there add the name of your bitmap file - eg
> logo.bmp
>
> Copy your bitmap file to the same directory: .\winnt\i386\nls\english
>
> Then install.

0
Kirk
5/31/2006 2:44:42 PM
Kirk,

> Thanks!!

No problem.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Changed login, where to change.
The owner of a news server changed the login (userid/passw) I would like to change the old login to the new one, but I don't see where in the accounts setting this has to be done. I hope there is a possibility, as I wouldn't like to delete the account and create it again. I have subscribed to a lot of groups. user@domain.invalid wrote: > The owner of a news server changed the login (userid/passw) > I would like to change the old login to the new one, but I don't see > where in the accounts setting this has to be done. > I hope there is a possibility, as I w...

Login to Netware on an XP machine
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

XP/Netware login security message
Hey- WHen I log onto XP machine (Netware 6.5, client 4.9sp2), 4 separate and identical windows pop up, all labelled "Automating Security Configuration Management". I can close the windows, and all is well; but how do I stop the windows from coming up at all? I have used msconfig and can find nothing calling for these windows to come up. This only happens on XP machines. Any suggestions? Russell, Do you have Group Policy running those tasks?... Automating security configuration tasks http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/Serve...

Login to Netware on an XP machine #2
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

Netware Client Login
I want to edit the novell gina .dll to rephrase "Log on workstation only" to "work from home". I opened the novell gina's that come with the client and couldn't find it - does the client piggy back the msgina so I have to modify this one instead? Tom, > I want to edit the novell gina .dll to rephrase "Log on workstation only" to > "work from home". I opened the novell gina's that come with the client and > couldn't find it - does the client piggy back the msgina so I have to modify > this one instead? ...

Fast user change in XP and Netware
Well I have uninstalled the netware client under XP so I wanted to use the "fast user change". Th fact is that the system crashed when unistalling and now I can not use this option nor unistalling netware client as I cant find it I tried to install it again and uninstalling after but the system hangs Anyone knows how I have to do to unistall netware client from my Xp? Any tool? Any change in "regedit"? Thansk in advance... newbie, Any Microsoft, Novell, or other third-party GINA (network client) being installed will disable the XP Welcome screen which is ...

change top graphic on login client
I was wondering if it was possible to change the login graphic that appears on the top of the Novell login? I am using the xp client, sp2 and would like to put my own logo at the top. brunswick, Take a look at: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10074909.htm -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) ...

OS9 login to Netware 5 okay, OSX login to Netware 5 fails
--____DBOIMFUIYTYUEXTAEQAR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 Netware 5 (SP6) servers all configured the same and are running = Netware 5 Services for Appleshare v4.5. This just started happening a few days ago. It was working perfectly fine = before. I can't think of anything I might have done to this one particular= server to make it go "bad". I can login under OS X to 2 out of the 3. I can login under OS 9 to all of them. The one I can't login to: No matter what user login I use, I a...

Auto Login Netware 6 and XP
I have scoured the net for a solution to this and can not find a single thing for v6, only 4.6 etc. I have it so that Xp auto logs on, and for some reason is bypassing Novell logon, and logs right into windows. But i need it to autologon into novell then windows. In the registry I have the autologon = 1 and the default un/pw set. What else am i missing? Thanks See http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10052847.htm -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) The following is what it says for 4.9 yet I cant find th...

Change Login to Customer Login
Hello! Can anyone tell me where I can change the word Login to Customer Login? Thanks! read skinning document. There you will find that login skin object has attribute that defines the text you want. You can use XML file to apply it to HTML skin or you can write it directly in code if you do ascx skins. Both ways... your answer is in skinning documentDotNetNuke Modules, Skins, Tutorials and Hosting webistes directory | www.goDNN.com...

change top graphic on login client #2
I was wondering if it was possible to change the login graphic that appears on the top of the Novell login? I am using the xp client, sp2 and would like to put my own logo at the top. brunswick, duplicate message - heard you the first time <g> -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) ...

Changing preferred NetWare Server + Login-Server
Hi, we have to migrate an old server to a newer one. Although we want to clean out some "old" stuff (secondary IPs of servers, DNS ...). I checked the Novell Client Settings in the registry and found out that the Login-Server in the Tab eDirectory is stored in randomly generated folder. I think I cant change this setting through a registry key. Do I have any other opportunities to change this setting? Thank you, Adrian -- redwood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you are using the "default" login prof...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

Web resources about - Change login Graphic - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Wikipedia:Graphic Lab/Photography workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the requests page for the photography workshop. Anyone can make a request for a photograph to be improved for a Wikipedia article. The standard ...

Adobe Post debuts on iPhone, lets anyone create memorable graphics on-the-go
... with visuals and Slate lets anyone create magazine-quality stories from iPad, Adobe Post makes creating good-looking, sharable graphics from ...

Create great social graphics on the go with Adobe Post
Social graphics, those pictures you see on Facebook and Twitter with text, are a great way to spread the word about sales and other promotions. ...

Graphic: pick locks and break padlocks - Business Insider Deutschland
Anyone can become a successful lock pick — with the right tools.

San Francisco police officers shoot and kill suspected stabber (graphic video)
San Francisco police say the man in the video was wanted for stabbing another man with a kitchen knife. At least 8 of...

AMD was so angry at Geralt's hair, it made an open-source graphics API for developers
Nvidia’s GameWorks is a widely used toolkit that allows developers to add fancy visual effects to their game and cool physics simulations to ...

Adobe's new app adds text and graphics to your social posts
To help the less design savvy create graphics for their social posts, Adobe has a new app that's driven by so-called Design Filters. The app ...

Pentagram's DJ Stout: There Needs To Be More Storytelling In Graphic Design
"Everything we do is about storytelling," Stout says. The cover of Texas Monthly 's July 1992 issue features an portrait of then governor Ann ...

The 20 Best Comics and Graphic Novels of 2015
It’s been a remarkable year for comics. Huge publishers like DC and Marvel have rejuvenated their line-ups with tons of amazing books; beyond ...

London Stabbing Treated As Terrorist Threat Says Counter-Terrorism Police (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
Saturday night's stabbing at the Leytonstone Underground station left three injured and London police's counter-terrorism head to consider the ...