Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation

I just buy a new computer which install XP.

While I try to connect to my Netware 3.12 server, I can't connect to
netware 3.12 server using XP workstation.

Even I use XP's netware client or Novell client downloaded from novell
website.

The message said that can't connect to the server. I am sure I had typed
the correct server name.

I havn't install any software but only Window XP. I had disable firewall.

Please help.
0
charleslo

Try creating a new Location Profile enabled for Bindery mode...

* Novell Client --> Properties
* Location Profiles
* Type a new name for the profile, e.g. Bindery, then click Add
* Set Service to Login Service and Service Instance to Default, then
click Properties
* On the NDS tab, disable Active Authenticator
* On the Bindery tab, enable Active Authenticator and optionally enter
the server name
* Click OK twice to return to the Properties screen
* In the Advanced Login tab, trun on the Location List option
* Click OK to save your settings

Select Bindery from the Location List before clicking OK in the login
dialog.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
7/30/2005 4:29:53 PM
charleslo,

> I just buy a new computer which install XP.
>
> While I try to connect to my Netware 3.12 server, I can't connect to
> netware 3.12 server using XP workstation.

What version of the client are you using? there are known issues with
the 4.9x clients and NW3.x

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
8/1/2005 1:47:15 PM
After setting as below, it still cannot found the server.

> Try creating a new Location Profile enabled for Bindery mode...
>
> * Novell Client --> Properties
> * Location Profiles
> * Type a new name for the profile, e.g. Bindery, then click Add
> * Set Service to Login Service and Service Instance to Default, then
> click Properties
> * On the NDS tab, disable Active Authenticator
> * On the Bindery tab, enable Active Authenticator and optionally enter
> the server name
> * Click OK twice to return to the Properties screen
> * In the Advanced Login tab, trun on the Location List option
> * Click OK to save your settings
>
> Select Bindery from the Location List before clicking OK in the login
> dialog.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
charleslo
8/2/2005 7:22:42 AM
Hamish Speirs,

I am using 4.91 novell client.

How can I connect 3.12 server using XP workstation in case 4.91 have some
problem?

Thanks a lot.

Charles

> charleslo,
>
> > I just buy a new computer which install XP.
> >
> > While I try to connect to my Netware 3.12 server, I can't connect to
> > netware 3.12 server using XP workstation.
>
> What version of the client are you using? there are known issues with
> the 4.9x clients and NW3.x
>

> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)

0
charleslo
8/2/2005 7:27:32 AM
Charles,

> I am using 4.91 novell client.
>
> How can I connect 3.12 server using XP workstation in case 4.91 have some
> problem?

I'd suggest using the 4.83 client - available here:

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14211.html

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
8/2/2005 12:12:36 PM
In article <mml1s2x3hc.ln2@IBMSUSE.haitch.net>, Hamish wrote:
> there are known issues with
> the 4.9x clients and NW3.x

Ahhh... thanks.  Known to you, and now to me <g>.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
8/2/2005 1:38:51 PM
Brad,

> Ahhh... thanks.  Known to you, and now to me <g>.

<g>

4.9x not like bindery connections - reported greif with 3.x servers, and
CD Servers that emulate bindery mode servers.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0
Hamish
8/2/2005 1:55:13 PM
Further to Hamish comments -- (4.83SP2 being a 'good' match for the
bindery versions of Netware (and even for NetWare 4.xx), when setting
up the client:

1)	Choose the custom install
2)	Select only the client, no other components
3)	Configure the client for IPX only during the install.

Also, select a frame type matching your server (802.2 is the default
for 3.12) instead of auto.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

It can work. Thank you very much.

By the way, after I connect to 3.12 server, I feel quite slow (at least
much slower than win 98 workstation) when I click the server drive to view
data. Anyone know that is it normal?

Thanks

Charles

> > I am using 4.91 novell client.
> >
> > How can I connect 3.12 server using XP workstation in case 4.91 have
some
> > problem?
>
> I'd suggest using the 4.83 client - available here:
>
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14211.html

0
charlescslo

Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse linux
Hi, Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse Linux. can anybody support us.... Thanks & Regards, prasad -- victoryprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 06/29/2011 09:06 AM, victoryprasad wrote: > > Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in > opensuse Linux. -=welcome=- new poster!! i'm just guessing, but this is the openSUSE forum and i have a feeling you are using Novell/Attachmatess SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (or maybe ...

can't connect xp workstation to Netware 5.1 server
I believe we need more info to help you out here. Info such as: Novell Client version - Protocols being used among other things. The more info you provide the faster may be the resolution. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

can't connect XP workstation to Netware 5.1 server #2
Have new XP workstation, loaded Client 4.90sp 1A, rebooted, Netware client logon screen comes on, I entered Tree, Context and Server name, user name/pw and returns an error ( tree/ server cannot be found). Any Ideas. TCP/IP set up correctly as I am getting on internet, just not seeing server. hard wired? Can you ping the server? Disable QOS Packet scheduling in the network options. <cadking@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:XtOVb.4042$6M5.2364@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Have new XP workstation, loaded Client 4.90sp 1A, rebooted, Netware > client logon...

Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server
Hello, I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name. When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird errors like missing credentials and so on. I tried also this unsuccesfully net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password ERROR 1219 net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password ERROR 1219 net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password ERROR 5 Another importante questions: Could I use NW client 4.83sp1 or 4.9 on Win2...

Windows XP on Netware 3.12 server
Here is my spec. Netware 3.12 - File/Login Server Netware 5.1 - Print Server Netware 5.1 - SLP Server All our clients are currently Windows 98SE with IP with IPX compatibility support. The clients are depended on the SLP to point them to the login server to login. I've tried many times to get Windows XP to login to our network. When installing client, I've used the following setting. IP with IPX compatibility support Bindery login I've also set the frame type to 802.2 and put in the network number and it still did not work. Any help would be great. Thanks, ...

Can an XP client connect to Netware 3.x ?
I wonder if anyone can help me. I don't have too much Novell experience and one of my clients has an old 3.11 (I Think) server. I have recently installed a new PC with XP Pro and I downloaded client 4.92 fron Novell's web site. When I try to connect, I can see the server on the list, but get an error like Tree or Server not found. is this version of the client compatible with 3.11 ? On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:03:58 GMT, enisbet@bacardi.com wrote: >I wonder if anyone can help me. I don't have too much Novell experience >and one of my clients has an old 3.11 (I Thi...

XP workstation dropping connections to Netware 6 server..
Hello there, I have an XP workstation that is dropping connections to an IP only netware 6 server. The problem is occurring with client 4.9 SP1 and SP2. Basically, the user can login just fine and all drive mappings are present. However, after about 10 to 15 minutes, the user will get the following message when trying to access a mapped drive: H:\ Is not accessible. The specified network name is no longer available. This is machine specific. The user can login to other machines with no issues. Also, I have been told another port in the switch was tried as well as a new N...

Can't connect with SuSE 11.0 but can connect with Windoze XP
Hello, everyone. I've moved this post from the laptop forum by request. My wireless lappy works just fine at home and in most other travel situations. But on more than one occasion I have not been able to connect wirelessly from a hotel room while colleagues with Windoze computers have been. I'm running SuSE 11.0. Previously running SuSE 10.0. Examples: 1) While using SuSE 10.0 I could not connect from the hotel room work desk. But the person with whom I was traveling could connect from the same desk using his Windoze XP lappy. I had to move down to the lobby to conne...

Windows XP workstation can't log in to all servers
I have a few Windows XP workstations that I just can't get logged into all servers for some reason. I am running Novell 4.11 My workstations with 98 all work fine, but ever since I started XP on these machines I have had problems. It's been a few years that I have just lived with it, but it's gotten to the point I have just got to fix it. Here's what happens... When XP starts the Novell Client starts up (version 4.83 by the way), and type in my user name and password and the name of the server that I want to attach to. That works fine. But if I want to attach to...

XP Pro Workstation can't ping server or login
This workstation has been working fine for over a year, but started having intermittent problems recently and now I cannot connect to the network at all. Server is NW 6.0, Client running Win XP Pro (patched). Was running 4.83.0.0 sp1, have upgraded to 4.90.0.0 sp1a in the process of debugging this problem, but it still doesn't work. IP and IPX are correctly configured. IPX frame type has been set to 802.2. Funny thing, when I open the status screen for the network connection, it shows zero packets sent or received. TCP/IP filtering is not enabled. It seems like a hardware...

xp server starts but can't be used: 11488 error
Anybody know what's happening here? Created 4 new Sybase 12.5 servers on Win Server 2003. The main servers all start ok, as do the backup servers. When I run 'cp_cmdshell "dir c:\" (for example), the xp server starts, but I get this error text: Server Message: Number 11488, Severity 10 Server 'XP Server', Line 0: User access denied. Not a member of NT administrators group. (return status = 1) The documentation helpfully states that I've got a permissions problem. Thanks documentation. The installation was done by me logged in as a domain admin rath...

Can't connect to DB created on XP using Win98
I have a PB6.5 application running SQL Anywhere 5.5. A user has reported that when she makes a backup of the database on her Windows XP machine, and then physically takes that .db file to a WIndows 98SE machine running the same application, she cannot connect to the database at all. That ugly "Connect to SQL Anywhere" dialog appears, and when you close it you get "SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to database server: unable to start specified database." Both machines will happily open a database created on themselves. I've also tried to...

Urgent! How to connect to Netware 3.76 print server from XP Home?
Hi, I am new to Novell. Now, I have a pc with XP Home SP2. I want to know what version of Novell Client has to be installed in order to connect to Netware 3.76 print Server? I want to map drive in XP Home. What setup I have to do? I know XP Home doesn't have Client Service for Netware, does it matter? Please help! Raymond gtrlovrmusic@hotmail.com wrote: > I am new to Novell. Now, I have a pc with XP Home SP2. I want to know > what version of Novell Client has to be installed in order to connect to > Netware 3.76 print Server? I want to map dr...

Web resources about - Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using XP workstation - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

Workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of computer. For workstations in music production, see music workstation . For furniture, see cubicle and computer ...

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

workstation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
i tend to photograph trin from above. possibly because she is little. colour

Citrix WinFrame 1.8 upgrade from Windows NT 3.51 Workstation - YouTube
This is my recording of doing an in place upgrade of the elusive Citrix WinFrame 1.8 version of Windows NT 3.51. I was able to do an in place ...

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Active workstations
Active workstations mean we can burn calories and stay active while we sit.

Fusion-IO Brings Flash Madness To Workstations, And Movies Like 'Hugo'
... the founding member of the AllThingsD Flash Madness Club , last summer’s hot IPO , said today it is bringing its flash technology to workstations. ...