Bypassing Novell login window when computer is offline

The older Novell Clients, particularly in Windows 9x used to skip the
Novell
login and go straight to the Windows login if the computer was off the

network. Now that the 4.9 has the 'workstation only' checkbox in the
client
properties, it seems that this feature is now completely manual? Is
this
correct, or is there a way to configure the 4.9 (or even 4.83) to
automatically skip the Novell login is no network presence is
detected? TIA

-Chris S.

0
Chris

> Is this
> correct, or is there a way to configure the 4.9 (or even 4.83) to
> automatically skip the Novell login is no network presence is
detected?

No. It's all or nothing with Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
It's not a client behavior, it's an OS behavior.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison
11/5/2003 5:51:32 PM
In 4.9 client, to avoid the network timeout, try unchecking the
"Initial
Novell Login". But only if its offline majority of the time. Thats
best
for users who work on with offline laptops frequently.

> > Is this
> > correct, or is there a way to configure the 4.9 (or even 4.83) to
> > automatically skip the Novell login is no network presence is
detected?

> No. It's all or nothing with Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
> It's not a client behavior, it's an OS behavior.
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)

0
markhenderson
11/14/2003 12:08:43 AM
Try the Cool Tools program AutoLogin. It lets you set different ways of
logging in, maybe it'll work for that.

Chris Sharp wrote:
> The older Novell Clients, particularly in Windows 9x used to skip the
> Novell
> login and go straight to the Windows login if the computer was off the
>
> network. Now that the 4.9 has the 'workstation only' checkbox in the
> client
> properties, it seems that this feature is now completely manual? Is
> this
> correct, or is there a way to configure the 4.9 (or even 4.83) to
> automatically skip the Novell login is no network presence is
> detected? TIA
>
> -Chris S.

0
Jim
1/31/2006 8:36:07 PM
WOW Jim....

ThanX a lot for the nice words about AutoLog, but in this case, it just
might make a bit more sence to look at the Adv. Login properties in the
client.

There's an option there to actaully detect this.

And PS....

You responded to a thread dated 1105 2003 ;-)

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net
0
Tommy

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Using NetWare with Windows XP Offline Files
We have a requirement for a reliable file synchronisation method for our laptop users. We plan to upgrade to ZFD 4 or higher mid 2004, but we do not have the budget available prior to that. In mean time, we would like to Use Windows XP Pro clients Offline Files facility to synchronise files held on a Netware 5 Server. Microsoft's website states that a 3rd party SMB protocol needs to be running on the NetWare server for this to be able to work. Im just really interested in peoples views how best to achieve this - what 3rd party protocol should we use, and how rel...

Problem in login netware using Windows XP PC.
We have two netware 5.0 servers (Server A and B) with both IPX and IP, and set up Tree A and Tree B. Each Server has two NIC.(Assume they are NICA1, NICA1 for Server A, NICB1 and NICB2 for Server B. Server A and B use NICA1 and NICB1 to connect each other. I use a computer with Windows XP (Home Edition) with IPX installed and Novell Client 4.90 SP1a. The windows XP connect Server A via NICA2. The problem is the Windows XP can only log into Server A in Tree A. It cannot see Tree B. And since I use Novell server as Router between different segment of our LAN. Windows XP ca...

Using NetWare with Windows XP Offline Files #2
We have a requirement for a reliable file synchronisation method for our laptop users. We plan to upgrade to ZFD 4 or higher mid 2004, but we do not have the budget available prior to that. In mean time, we would like to Use Windows XP Pro clients Offline Files facility to synchronise files held on a Netware 5 Server. Microsoft's website states that a 3rd party SMB protocol needs to be running on the NetWare server for this to be able to work. Im just really interested in peoples views how best to achieve this - what 3rd party protocol should we use, and how rel...

A multiprocessor computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows XP stops responding on a black screen after you resume the computer from hibernation
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Windows Vista service pack that contains this hotfix. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951126/ In Steve Gibson's grc.linkfarm - paradoX wrote: > A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. H...

The ATA PASS THRU request is unsuccessful on a Windows XP-based computer or a Windows Server 2003-based computer
"Last Review: April 16, 2007 SYMPTOMS On a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer or a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer, a hard disk supports the ATA 48-bit Logical Block Addressing (LBA) feature. However, if the hard disk is smaller than 137 gigabytes (GB), Windows does not handle the ATA PASS THRU request that sets the ATA_FLAGS_48BIT_COMMAND flag. Therefore, the ATA PASS THRU request is unsuccessful." <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934205> -- js ...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Synchronising Netware and Windows login, Outlook 2002 SP3 (XP Pro)
Hi all, We are using Novell Client 4.90 SP1 and I downloaded now 4.91. We're facing the following problem. Changing a registry key we managed to synchronize the NetWare and Windows username field. When launching the MS Outlook 2002 client the login fields (username, domain) where automatically filled in so the user had only to insert his password. Regkey: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System/DontDisplay LastUsername=0 However, 4.91 seems to behave differently. The username and domain field stay empty in Outlook. 4.91 SP1 does not solve this issue. ...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

Get Windows login prompt before NetWare Login
I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. Thanks Try this one: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10086294.htm Don bbowers@lexington1.net wrote: > I know I have found this before. How do I get the Windows Login to come > up before the novell client login or a link to the TID would be helpfull. > > Thanks -- Donald A. Lohr Technical Services James Madison University ++ Bad command or file name ++ bbowers, In regedit change: ...

Login loop: Windows 2000, Netware login
One of the workstations in our network started to act up in a way that when you log in, the system logs itself out almost immediately (the deskstop never shows). Booting up in safe mode and removing the client allows the Windows 2000 sign on and everything works. Reinstalling the latest client re-introduces the problem. Is there perhaps a clean un-install I should use? Thank you. The 4.91 client ?, try the latest nwgina patches Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave, thanks for the email. I will try that, ...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=890830 *********************************************************** Quote *********************************************************** Microsoft has released the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows XP, or Microsoft W...

When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer
followup to grc.security.software When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889320 ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Article ID : 889320 Last Review : March 1, 2005 Revision : 1.0 SYMPTOMS When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Microsoft Windows XP Ser...

Web resources about - Bypassing Novell login window when computer is offline - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

REPORT: More Brands Uploading Videos Directly to Facebook, Bypassing YouTube
Are brands bypassing YouTube altogether and uploading videos directly to Facebook? Yes, according to the latest research from social media analytics ...

How to get full access to iPhone photo library bypassing the passcode on iOS 7 Beta 1 - YouTube
Please, subscribe ! ...and remember "thumb up". Steps: 1- From the Lock Screen, open the Control Center. 2- Tap on Calculator. 3- From Calculator, ...

Study: Gifted children benefit from bypassing school for university
While his kindergarten classmates were learning to tie their shoelaces, Jacob Bradd was solving algebra problems.

Bypassing Telstra's P2P crackdown is child's play
Does Telstra really think it can thwart P2P file-sharing, or does it just want to drive data hogs to other ISPs?

Bypassing Vatican procedures, Pope Francis declares Jesuit Pierre Favre a saint
Pope Francis on Tuesday declared the 16th-century Jesuit Pierre Favre a saint, bypassing the Vatican's typical saint-making procedures to honour ...

Black Box device can brute-force iOS 8.1 PINs, bypassing repeated attempts lockout & data-wipe
Security company MDSec has been testing a black box device that manages to gain access to iPhones running up to iOS 8.1 by brute-forcing the ...

Poll: Nearly 50% of CMOs Look to Buy Programmatic Ads Directly, Bypassing Agencies
Advertisers have traditionally left the task of buying and planning media to their agencies, whose heft at the negotiating table has led to consistently ...

Obama to Explore Bypassing Congress Gun Control - Al Jazeera America
'We know that we can't stop every act of violence,' Obama said Friday. 'But what if we tried to stop even one?'

Bypassing Obama
In the black days following the Obama administration's inaugural revels, some good news is always welcome. And the WSJ has just furnished us ...

Google fined $22.5M for bypassing Safari privacy settings
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday ordered Google to pay a $22.5 million civil penalty for sidestepping security settings in Apple's ...