ACU Installation Error ...installation is already running...

When attempting to upgrade the Novell Client on Windows Vista systems,
the installation stops with the attached error message:

"Installation Error: The Novell Client Installation is already running
on this Windows machine. Please complete and close the existing Novell
Client Installation program before attempting to run SETUP.EXE again.."

Prior to the install, the system was restarted, no instances of
setup.exe. Monitoring task manager shows that ACU will attempt to start
two instances of setup.exe.

We have multiple systems which yield the same error so it is not a
'one-of' situation.

If you run setupNW.exe, the client installs with no issues.

I can't see anyone else with this error - any suggestions? Thanks!

Jeff

|Filename: error_novell_client.JPG                                     |
|Download: http://forums.novell.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4236   |

jefferyscottsmith

jefferyscottsmith

To correct myself, should have been SETUP.EXE (not setupNW.EXE).

On the limited number of Windows 7 systems we have in production, we
have not been able to reproduce this problem.

--
jefferyscottsmith
jefferyscottsmith's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6463

0
jefferyscottsmith
4/6/2010 6:36:01 PM
More information - it appears that, for the systems which are having
difficulties upgrarding, they are running version 1 of the Novell Client
for Vista (attempting to upgrade to the Novell Client for Vista/Win7 v2
SP1 (IR1)).  Again, running setup.exe on these systems will ugprade with
no issues, it is only when we attempt to use ACU.

Can someone reproduce by chance?

--
jefferyscottsmith
jefferyscottsmith's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6463
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406895

0
jefferyscottsmith

Error when attempting to install an ASP.Net on Windows XP sp2 (please install IIS and run setup again)
Hello, I used VS2008 to build an ASP.NET aplication that references the COM based skype API.  The application runs fine in debug mode.  I added a deployment project to the solution.  When I run setup.exe, I get the following message:  "setup requires Internet Information Server 4.0 or higher and Windows NT 4.0 or higher.  This setup cannot be installed on Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows ME. Please install Internet Information Server and run this setup again." I'm attempting to install this on Windows XP sp 2.  Any thoughts? Thanks Is IIS ...

How to install with RAID already installed for XP?
Hi all. 1st post. I currently dual boot with Ubuntu 9.04 but somehow have a difficult time with RAID. I'm not sure which RAID array was installed as it was setup by a computer shop. At 1st, they had RAID-0 with both 120Gb HDDs acting as one 240Gb. I had this reset to 2-120Gb HDDs that store date independently. There is a RAID influence as if one of the 120Gb HDDs is not plugged in, XP will boot slow if at all. I don't see any mirroring of data which would be, I think, RAID-1. The MB manual says it supports RAID-0 or RAID-1. But most say it acts like RAID-5. A 3rd HDD, 200Gb, ...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

MDAC 2.5 required to run, cannot install
 Hello!I have a problem with Data Access. There is a DLL i need to use, which was compiled in VB.6 using MDAC 2.5. I am using ..NET 2.0 and on my machine it's MDAC 2.8.When my program is trying to use that DLL, I get an error of connection not being open. The guy who created that DLL says I need to have MDAC 2.5 on my machine in order to use the DLL properly. However, when I download and try to install MDAC 2.5 it tells me that it's already installed on the machine. Yet, when I go to check in the registry, I get 2.8 and 2.6 as a rollback version. Here is the question: how do I i...

To install or not to install?

Getting this Error when running Make install trying to Install Knights Chess
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/perrottab/Downloads/knights/knights' g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I. -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -MT server_icc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/server_icc.Tpo -c -o server_icc.o server_icc.cpp cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wmissing-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++ In file included from server_icc.h:21:0, fr...

installation package error: "The installer was interrupted before [program] could be installed"
Hi,     I encountered one problem with my web application installation package. Before, it works well. While after some minor changes to code, I rebuild the setup file, when I tried to run it, I got such error.     I searched on web to find similar problems due to file <VS Install>\Common 7\tools\deployment\dpca.dll     My symptom is the same as described, I used the tool Qwerty.Msi to check errors, when debug, at sequence WEBCA_GatherWebSites 12:30:12 PM  Action start 12:30:12: WEBCA_GatherWebSites.12:30:15 PM  Action ended 12...

Install FTP after netware installation.
Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or do I use NWConfig? I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip. I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via the GUI or NWConfig. Thanks in advance! Dave S. D. Rose wrote: > Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server > pattern install just the FTP server? Do I use the Install from the GUI or > do I use NWConfig?...

Errors installing SSL on Install
Hello, It seems that the problem I have seems to be with the CA being corrupt. I get the error creating W0 object, then a 251 error with PKI, when it is done it doesn't create the SSL keys. An outside vendor told me there was a procedure for fixing this problem. I was just wondering if I could get a copy e-mailed to me @ John.Hummer@wmtps.org instead of having a Novell Engineer on the phone for 4 hours. Thanx in advance for your help in this matter. John Hummer CNE West Milford BOE On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:18 GMT, John.Hummer@wmtps.org wrote: >It seems that the...

GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation:
GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed. I am running the novell client 4.91sp2 and the firewall is disabled on my XP machine. I have turned off antivirus and still cannot get it to work. Later I tried to run the Hot Fix for the GWIA gw702hp1gwia_reva.exe and I cannot get the install to work following the instructions for download and extraction and trying to run it from CMD install /copyonly. If anyone has worked through this I would really appreciate their solution. Harrel Hi, Harrelc ...

Why I always get a error: "Installation aborted because the item was a duplicate of an item already installed."
I got this error when I install any starterkit. Why? I have not installed them before. And I can't saw them in my tempaltes panel. Please kindly help me, thanks. I am having the same problem - any tips appreciated. Try these steps if you're experiencing problems installing the VSI file: For C# in Visual Studio 2005 beta 2: - Start the .vsi installation file - Click on Review button - Copy the CS zip file - open Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Web Developer directory - In Visual Web Develper directory create directory called VisualC# - Past...

Installation Error: error attempting to read from the source install database
I receive an "Error attempting to read from the source install database" C:\windows\installer\2ce6f3.msi. when I try to install the time tracker (CSVS). Any ideas?...

Re: error during DBD::Oracle installation (was: error during DBI installation)
------=_Part_6037_22545193.1207194199772 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Looks like time to get the development stuff you need installed. The log file says: Reading /export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk Attempting to discover Oracle OCI build rules gcc -c -I. -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/precomp/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/public -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/rdbms/demo -I/export/home/oracle/product/9Iclient/plsql/public -I/export/hom...

Web resources about - ACU Installation Error ...installation is already running... - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...