Act DB on NW6

I have a problem that is a bit specific but maybe someone can point me
some possible causes.

I have an Act v6 database on a mapped network drive with a 10 user
license.
Win98 users can login to the database from their machines with no
problems,
however my WinXP machine will only login if I am the only user. With
other
users logged in I get a message from Act that the application is
already in
use and cannot login.

On speaking to Act technical they tell me it is most probably an issue
with
folder rights on the server or user rights on the WinXP machine as I
can
login as the only user successfully. Act tries to make a connection to
the
database before the Act login dialogue is shown, however with more
than one
user already in the db I don't get that far.

Logging onto the server as Admin with full rights and logging into
WinXP as
administrator with full admin rights does not cure my problem.

Any ideas please.

Regards
Terry

0
Terry

Terry,

Sometimes specific builds of nwfs.sys in the Novell Client can make or
break
legacy/db apps.
I would try the latest beta SPs on 4.83 or 4.90 and report as much as
possible to Novell.

--
Tony Pedretti
TransUnion LLC

0
Tony
11/7/2003 12:51:12 AM
Terry, is that an NSS volume where the Act DB resides?  The Act folks

have a problem with NSS volumes and handling file locking.

--
Barry Schnur

Barry
11/7/2003 6:11:36 AM
Not an NSS volume Barry. I have re-installed Act after manually
cleaning it
out and the problem has gone from that machine. I guess it may be an
untidy
Act upgrade. I did find Sage tech sup a little wanting on this issue
in
blaming Novell Server rights first. Thanks for the heads up on the NSS

volume issue though.
Regards
Terry

"Barry Schnur" <BSchnur@cox.net> wrote in message
> Terry, is that an NSS volume where the Act DB resides?  The Act
folks
> have a problem with NSS volumes and handling file locking.
>

> --
> Barry Schnur
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Terry

Upgrade from NW6.0 to NW6.5
Hi, We are currently running NW6.0 / SP4 in a high availability clustered environment. Other applications running in this environment is Apache, Netmail, Radius and we're currently on eDir 8.6.2. We are planning to upgrade to NW6.5 on the netware kernel. Would it be recommended to upgrade to SP4 or SP3 and should I be aware of any other funnies that you guys are aware of during this upgrade. Regards Sharky SP4 plus nw65nss4b would be best. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not ...

Why is ACT acting up?
When I drop a ToolkitScriptManager on my page, it writes the following message on itself: "Error Creating Control - ToolkitScriptManager1Value must be of type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager'. Parameter name: component" However, when I drop any other ACT control on the page, it looks and acts (no pun intended) just fine. What the Dickens could be the cause of this/problem here?Clay Shannon,author of historical works, novels, and art/poetryhttp://www.knowitallsports.com/booklinks.aspx Friend, try deleting the ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions folder containing the source fo...

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

DB DB LG ML PR DB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg WTF!!! -- Strong Bo "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955) Play it again... then you'll understand. Craig Leidy wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2-zD5lj8Hg That's one of the more brain-damaged Youtube clips I've seen, yet kinda catchy! -- Bruce ...

membership DB, profile DB, and role DB
I use the following code to programatically cycle through each record in an mdb database and create users with the Membership.CreateUser method.  The code also creates a profile for the same user before moving to the next record.  The membership and profile DB is on an SQL 2000 server. How can I assign all these users to the role of user in this section of code? Also any idea why only 104 out of 148 records are added to the Membership table while all 148 profiles are created?  A sample record would be:UserName      DIST    ...

XP Client and NetWare 5
Hi, all. Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? Thanks -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ The latest, version 4.91 with SP2. Try earlier versions only if you have specific issues with this one. There are also a few post-SP2 patches available you might try in case of any such issues. Gerald Reynolds Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, all. > Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and > NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? > > Thanks > ...

upgrading nw6 to nw6
I just want to say, I'm a relative novice when it comes to Netware and I've been posting a lot of questions these days preparing for an upgrade, and you guys have been incredible! Thanks! Now that you're all buttered up, i'm upgrading two NW6 servers to new hardware. What I was thinking about doing was installing SYS on a mirror and RAID5 for the data. That way the OS is seperate from the data. 1. Is there any benefit to creating a large SYS volume, or on the flip side, is there any reason not to? I have two 18G drives I would mirror and I can't see was...

How to backup ASA db on Netware?
How does one backup a Sybase database in Netware (Netware 3.12 specifically)? Ron wrote... > How does one backup a Sybase database in Netware (Netware 3.12 > specifically)? > You will need to backup the database from a second machine. Run DBBACKUP.EXE to perform the backup. There may be some support for backing up within the Netware machine but I haven't done that. On NT you can backup directly to tape, but not on Netware. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

NW6 to NW6 upgrade
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am upgrading the hardware on a Netware 6 box. I have tried the NW6 = migration wizard but it fails. Can I use the MW in Netware 6.5 to = migrate? If yes, will migration take care of DHCP server, NDPSM & BROKER, = and SLPDA or will I need to manually move these to other servers first? I = haven't found any TID's on this for Netware 6.x, only 5.x. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEH...

Migration NW6-NW6
Hello, I am in front of migration 3 servers NW6SP4 to new hardware. I have several questions about. 1. - What is expected duration of migration? Mean on pure migration process without pre-migration and post migration tasks. My previous expereance of data copy from one server to another server where not good. When copy of volume content intended by Netware Copy(NwClient), estimated time where count in days. Morover, test show that copy was slow and most probably, copy would take days. However, ncopy did it in few hours. I am wondering how Migration Wizard will behave. (Network is 1...

M$, XP, Prod. Act.

Netware Administrator for Windows XP
Hi! we are using Novell Netware 4.2 under Windows 98 SE. and to administrate users, i use Novell Administrator for windows 98 Requester Version 3.30.0. but i can not use this probram under Windows XP. do you know if i can find Novell Administrator for windows XP. Many thanks. Ahmed Abdelmoumen Ahmed, You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/ -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. ...

Web resources about - Act DB on NW6 - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ACT Liberal Senator Zed Seselja, Labor's Katy Gallagher want an Australian head of state
Both of the ACT's senators favour Australia becoming a republic, as the nation gets ready to celebrate Australia Day.

Cricket: ACT Comets rookie fast bowler faces international duo in debut clash with Tasmania
ACT Comets rookie Joe Slater could not have asked for a tougher assignment in his introduction to the Futures League - facing a former Test batsman ...

Severe thunderstorm warning for Canberra: Damaging winds and large hail hit ACT
... winds and hailstones hit Canberra on Thursday afternoon as severe thunderstorms moved east from Burrinjuck Dam and Wee Jasper. The ACT State ...

Political parties 'benefit older men' and ACT Labor won't ramp up affirmative action
ACT Labor secretary thinks Australian political parties encourage older men to dominate their membership.

ACT Chief Minister Andrew Barr announces new front bench
Chief Minister Andrew Barr and his deputy Simon Corbell will keep their current portfolios, but there will be several changes to key portfolios ...

European Leaders Tell Greece To Get Act Together, Control Migrants
'If you don't have control of your borders, it will have consequences'

Angelina Jolie 'Hopes' Her Children Don't Want to Act
The Oscar winner doesn't want her six kids getting into the family business.

Tech Companies Act to Prevent U.S. Access to Data Stored Overseas
NEWS ANALYSIS: Microsoft, Facebook and other companies take defensive action to keep the U.S. government from seizing data stored in the European ...

A proposed "national security interests" amendment to the Judicial Redress Act, posted last night, may further disrupt already turbulent US-EU ...