4.91sp4 802.1x initial login problems - 'dies' during login scripts

Hello,

login-lgnwnt32.dll-923: An unexpected error has occurred: 15 (8819)

This is partway thru login script processing after successful 802.1x
authentication.  I've seen at least one or two posts similar to this from
4.91sp4 beta.  We are running the final release of 4.91sp4.  Machines have
integrated Intel ProSet wireless.

Have tried all sorts of things... disabled DHCP for SLP and SLP Active
Discovery and hardcoded SLPDA's and scopes... entered server IP address at
initial Novell login.

I'm looking for other ideas here, any suggestions?

Thank you,
Eric

0
Eric

Did you install the 2 windows xp wireless patches recommended by novell?
I had the same problem but then I did a clean win xp install without
those patches and everything worked alot better.

--
thsundel
0

"thsundel" <thsundel.2v7w1o@no-mx.nds_engineer.com> wrote in message

> Did you install the 2 windows xp wireless patches recommended by novell?
> I had the same problem but then I did a clean win xp install without
> those patches and everything worked alot better.
>

> --
> thsundel

0
Eric
8/13/2007 2:22:46 PM
Try installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without those patches
recommended by the documentation and the Novell Client 4.91SP4 and the
ZenAgent (I assume you use DLU)?

And you will be amazed to see how well it works :)

--
thsundel
0

Some linky's regarding SupplicantMode:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/wired/wiredfaq.mspx#E2D
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931856/en-us

Care to test this on your end Thsundel?

-Eric

"thsundel" <thsundel.2v9flw@no-mx.nds_engineer.com> wrote in message

> Try installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without those patches
> recommended by the documentation and the Novell Client 4.91SP4 and the
> ZenAgent (I assume you use DLU)?
>
> And you will be amazed to see how well it works :)
>

> --
> thsundel

0
Eric
8/13/2007 5:23:15 PM
I will try it out next week when things at work has hopefully calmed
down :)

--
thsundel
0

Login-Problem: Win XP Home -> Client 4.91 -> Netware 4.11
On a new Computer - the first XP in the net - I have a little problem logging in to Netware 4.11. If I stand by the computer while booting and type in the password when the Novell login screen is shown, everything works perfect. But when I walk away from the computer or doing other works while the computer is booting and the login screen is stand for a time, I enter my passwort, a big "N" is shown an two network cables are blinking (on the screen) but I get no access to the Server. Does anyone knows how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance. On 3/30/2005 Lars.Pfau...

login script provided--User cannnot login as local user the script fails but can login as local admin on xp pc
> Hi all > the error is as follows > novell client scripts has encountered a problem > and needs to close > the exception unknow s/w exception 0xc06d007e > occured in the application at location ox77e738b2 > I have never seen this before and i have tried reinstalling the cleint > but it didnt work. This occurs when the user ins logged into a xp pro pc > as a user though it doesnt occur when logged in as a local admin on the > box. this is only happening on one box. > Login script is below > MAP ERROR OFF BREAK OFF if member of ".every...

slow netstorage login
I am having problems with netstorage login speed, be it the web interface or through a webdav connection. It takes about 35-50 seconds to log in, from the time I am prompted for a name until I can see any folders. I ruled out it being a login script problem, because even when i log in with a user with no script, it only makes it a few seconds faster. Also i made sure the proxy user has admin rights. Netstorage is running on a nw6.5sp1.1 server in tree where all the other 25 servers are nw5.1sp6 and edir 8.7.3 The 6.5 server is also running virtual office (which is having problem...

Netware login with Windows domain login problem
Hello, Our parent company is requiring us to authenticate to their Windows domain now and we are having an issue at one of our locations doing this. At on particular location if the users Novell and Domain password do not match, they will login through the Novell client then another window pops up asking them for their Windows password. At this point the machine will just hang trying to authenticate. It never times out nor logs them in. The machine has to be powered down and restarted. If we set the passwords the same everything is fine. If they login workstation only t...

802.1x Initial Login
Hello, Well I've nearly got this working OK apart from the initial login to windows, does not authenticate me into eDir. I'm getting the "802.1x Authentication Failed. Timeout waiting for authentication to finish. Logging in to the workstation only" Upon logging into workstation only, the wireless is connected OK. If I then disconnect the wireless and try log login via the Novell Client and 802.1x, the wireless connects and I can login to eDir without a problem. So I am confident that FreeRadius and the AP are setup OK, as everything works after I hav...

Login Scripts -Using a Script to Change all Login Scripts in Tree?
I'm in the middle planning a SAN consolidation. Naturally, the login script attributes of several Profile objects and Containers point to various data sources. I would LOVE to not have to modify all the scripts after moving data to the new SAN. Anyone know of method of modifying all the login scripts at once? Being able to do a search and replace of text strings in login scripts would greatly simply the whole process. Does BASH offer anything that can facilitate this in OES-Netware? You can do this script driven with "Quick for NDS" - see http://www.novell.co...

How to shield login script information when user login netware ?
How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell DOS client? Steven, > How to shield login script information when user login netware from Novell > DOS client? What do you mean by shield login script information ? -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. http://haitch.net (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will probably be ignored) On 8/30/2005 Hamish wrote: > What do you mean by shield login script information ? Shield = conceal, hide ? -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Su...

LDAP Contextless login and 802.1X WLAN login with Aegis client
Hi. Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT have network access until after it has logged in. Currently we disable LDAP contextless logins and "Workstation Only" flag for workstations that need WLAN access, is there any better way of doing this? /anders Anders Westerberg wrote: > Is there any solution to the problem stated in subject? LDAP contextless > logins can not work in a 802.1X WLAN solution since the client does NOT > have network access until af...

login problem with 4.9sp2 on netware 65sp2
Having a problem where windows 2000 with client 4.9sp1 or 4.9sp2 not always logging in. Where win98 with 3.4 always logs in. Windows 2000 connect to other servers then when I try to authenticate to it it says the server is not available now. If I wait a few it may let me connect. I upgraded to nw65sp2 and edirectory patch 8732.. still no help I reckon you have a licensing problem. Check each NW 6.5 server has an NLS_LSP object in its container, there is at least one NW6.5 server license in the server container or above, and not assigned to any server. Then check th...

802.1x auth
I'm attempting to implement 802.1x authentication using an HP Procurve 2650 with FreeRADIUS as the back end. The actual authentication appears to work correctly but i'm finding that the Netware login script isn't running. This is typically what I'm seeing in the results window: ========================================================= Your current context is staff.kingsway.NLC User: keith Context: a.stu.NLC Your current tree is: NLC You are attached to server LIB-1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-923: An unexpected error has occurred: 9 (8801). LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-918: Th...

802.1x slow login and script issue
the radius server is working. from the SLES server I can run "radtest user pw localhost 1812 shared" against eDir and the response is immediate. when I login using the NWC (4.9.1 sp4) login takes forever, the login script doesn't always run and when it does I get an error. at least when I get the error drives are mapped. I'm not using an attribute, just credentials. Gary, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If no...

Login script errors XP 4.91a
With the normal installed client login scripts run correctly. However access to Windows servers shares is very after they have been inactive for 20-30mins. If we move the Microsoft Windows Network provider above the Netware Services provider (which fixed this problem in the past), the PC in question then fails to run external commands: LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-740: This utility could not execute external program \\ENPRS-SRV1\SYS\PUBLIC\DWNTRUST.EXE. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-740: This utility could not execute external program \\ENPRS-SRV1\SYS\PUBLIC\CLNTRUST.EXE. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-740: T...

Problems with Netware login after Win XP SP3
This might be wrong forum, but probably not... We have recently deployed a new WS image and made the mistake to include XP SP3 in it - now the GPO setting "wait for network to initialize" apparently seems to have stopped working. Our environment is Netware 6.5, ZEN 7 SP1 w/ user and workstation policies, local profiles created by ZEN on first user login; Client is 4.91 SP4. ZEN 7 SP1 IR3 and the newer agent on the SP3 workstations didn't solve the problem, so I don't think it's a GPO problem. Have tried the image on two different PC models but both show t...

netware login after windows login?
Hi all, I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into windows. I also want to be able to logout from novell without leaving the windows session (win2K, XP). Is that possible? Do I need special tools in order to do that or is it sufficient to install novell client software? Is it possible not only to login but also to run the novell login script? Thanks a lot in advance Stefan Stefan, > I want to login into netware after the user has logged in into > windows. In regedit.exe goto: HKLM\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon ...

Windows login before NetWare login
I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it happend. The workstation has W2K SP4 and Novell Client 4.90 SP2 installed. I can not find a parameter in the Novell-Client which causes this. I'm gratefully looking forward to somebodys help. Ingo Kubach ingo.kubach@murrelektronik.de wrote: > I have one W2K Workstation after it is booted the Microsoft login Window > appears first before the NetWare login! The user can not tell me how it > happend. The workstation has W...

Web resources about - 4.91sp4 802.1x initial login problems - 'dies' during login scripts - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp