4.83 SP2 cripples Citrix login

Had Citrix server (Metaframe 1.7 on WinNT 4) running fine with Novell
client
4.83 sp1.

Installed 4.83 sp2, and now only one person can log in at a time!
Subsequent
uses get an initial Citrix screen, but it never gets to the login
prompt.

Can one lousy sp upgrade have messed it up that badly?!

Tried the beta sp3 with the same results.

--Matt

0
Matt

Matt,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
11/11/2003 2:51:44 AM
To answer my own question, YES! Removed 4.83sp2 and went back to plain
4.83,
and login works normally again.

"Matt B." <mbartleDELETE@THISlumsdencpa.com> wrote in message
> Had Citrix server (Metaframe 1.7 on WinNT 4) running fine with
Novell
client
> 4.83 sp1.
>
> Installed 4.83 sp2, and now only one person can log in at a time!
Subsequent
> uses get an initial Citrix screen, but it never gets to the login
prompt.

> Can one lousy sp upgrade have messed it up that badly?!
>
> Tried the beta sp3 with the same results.
>
> --Matt

0
Matt

XP SP2 and 4.83 SP2
We use Novell client 4.83 SP2 + ZfD 3.0 on our XP laptops. Is this configuration works fine with Windows XP SP2 (currently, we use Windows XP SP1 without problem) ? Jean-Pascal Laux Jean-Pascal, I was using 4.83 SP2 for a short period time. Everything seemed to work OK though I've read reports of remote management having an issue in ZFD 3.x with the Windows Firewall service being enabled in XP SP2. As client 4.83 will run out of support at the end of this year unless you have some legacy concerns, you might consider sticking it out with 4.90 SP2 or hold on for the u...

Windows XP, Netware 5, client 4.83 sp2
LS. Workstation XP with Novell client 4.83 Sp2 is very slow retrieving info from server (Novell 5). Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most we use tweaks) 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 server? Dirk > Question 1. For windows XP novell client 4.9x is a must for speed? (or most > we use tweaks) No, 4.83 SP2 or SP3 should do fine -- what protocols did you set up? > 2. If so, is it possible to install the novell client 4.90 with Netware 5 > server? > You might try the more rece...

Cannot login to Netware 4.11 or 5.00, from a Windows XP SP2.
Downloaded, and installed the latest Netware Client. 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2'. We have quite a few Windows XP with SP2 installed PC's. But when using this client, am unable to login. The previous client we used was 4.83 SP1, which causes not problems when logging in. On the same PC's. With the 'Novell Client 4.90 SP2' client, we cannot even browse for the Netware Servers we are running, nor locate the correct context. Any ideas ? With the 4.11 servers (and probably with your 5.0 servers) the 4.83SP3 client would be my preference (some will note t...

Citrix MetaFrame XP, NW Client 4.83 SP2 not releasing ports
I've read a couple TIDs on NW Client 4.83 (SP1 and SP2) not releasing IP ports - they stay in LISTENING mode as shown by "netstat -a" on the Win2k Terminal Server cmd line. TIDs say to back-rev NWFS to a prior version or apply post-SP patches, or upgrade to 4.9. Problem 1: We've had probs with 4.9 and GroupWise, which is what we're serving through Citrix. Problem 2: I've back-rev'd NWFS to a 3-25-03 version, per Novell TIDs, but the ports are still not releasing. Any ideas? Casey, not a Groupwise related problem, right? Please ask...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

4.83 SP2 with post SP2 patches to 4.90 SP2
Hi, We are currently using Novell client 4.83 SP2 with post SP2 patches applied and Novell Account Management Agent 3.00. When I upgrade to Novell client 4.90 SP2 later this year, do I need to reapply the Novell Account Management Agent 3.00 or is this piece now included with Novell client 4.90 SP2? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as ALWAYS. Thanks! Steve Steven0425, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might t...

Login Fails on Windows XP SP2 and 4.9 SP2
After installing a fresh copy of WinXP Pro SP2 and Client 4.9 SP2 my systems all take between 2 to 5 minutes to login or comeback with a 'failed to find tree would you like to login to windows' message. When I click no on the error message then hit ok to login again it logs in immediately. I have noticed that if I start the computer and leave it at the login window for 10 minutes it will login immediately no problems. Has anyone had this problem and can they tell me how to fix it? Matthew System Specs Windows XP Pro SP2 Client 4.9 SP2 Symantec Client Security ...

NetWare Client 4.90-SP2 and Windows XP SP2 and SLP
I have configured my NetWare Client 4.90-SP2, running on Windows XP, to obtain SLP DA server IP's from my DHCP server (ISC DHCP, v3). Everything works just fine. "slpinfo /all" shows the 2 DA's, says their up, gives the correct SLP version, etc. I install SP2 for Windows XP, and now "slpinfo /all" shows "NORSP" instead of "UP" for the two DA servers. I then turned off the windows firewall that came with SP2, and now everything works again. Anyone had similar experience? I can post config/output if needed. thanks! mack Have see...

XP Memory Dump on SP2 Netware Client 4.9 sp2
I have a brand new system that shipped with Windows XP sp2. I loaded the netware client for xp 4.9 sp2(4.90.2.20040617). I get a memory dump and blue screen everytime I boot up. Is there an issue with XP sp2 or do I need a different client. Please help Dustin Hy, we can the same problem with NW 4.90 SP2. Now we have install the Postfix Variante D. we have now in this time no blue screen. I think, the variante D cure this problem. Regards Christian Wolff MIS Software mailto:service@mis-software.de http://www.mis-software.de Tel: +49(0)3328 317770 Fax: +49(0)9...

NC 4.91 SP2 Citrix PM 4 slow login
Hello, Configuration: XP-Client, NC 4.91 SP2, Citrix PM 4 (Server farm with 4 windows 2003 servers) NC 4.91 SP2 installed, ZFD Suite 7 IP protocol only, DA-configured. When login into a Citrix session (passthrough) process lasts about 30 seconds. Sometimes the process is running through. Regards Udo Udo, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowled...

XP Pro client 4.83 sp2 or 4.9 sp1a
2 New Dell 5100 laptop's. tried to load the novell client 4.83 sp2 on both of them. One works great. the other I get the novell login screen and try to login for first time. I select the browse button for the tree and it comes up with the tree and I select the tree, I then select the browse button for the server and it comes up with the error 'Cannot access tree "AAA"' where "AAA" is my tree name. I blank out the field where the tree is listed and then I select the browse button for the server. It comes up with the correct server, So I select the s...

4.83 vs. 4.91
Since upgrading a WinXP laptop to SP2 (plus all the additional patches to date), I have had trouble connecting to the network. Usually the first login results in "a required network service has not started. please check your error log for details" message. Weirdly, all I have to do is wait for the time out, then log in again and I connect ok. To solve the problem, I installed the 4.9.1 client. No problem connecting to the server, but now I have another problem. I can't use the NetWare Copy function (right button in an explorer window) to copy directories from the s...

Client 4.83 Sp3 & Win XP Prof to Netware 4.10 Server
Hi Guys First time of posting, can anyone help me? We have a Netware 4.10 server (patched to latest) working fine with Win98 Pc's using Novell Client. All runs so fine you wouldn't believe it. Now trying to add some new workstation PC's, which have Win XP Professional SP2 on them. I'm using Novell Client 4.83 SP3 (seen that this is best to use from reading some of the posts for this type of configuration). We can get the machines to see the server fine, but we seem to have a couple of problems which I'd appreciate help/comments on. Periodically when logging...

Client32 4.90 SP2 and 4.91 B3 hang up on second login in Windows XP
Hi, The problem started manifesting itself sometime around November - December 2004. Environment: Windows XP SP2 with all latest patches. Server NW 4.11 with IP stack loaded. Client 4.90 SP2 with all PSP2 patches using IPX only. First login after reboot runs well 90% of a times. In about 10% of all cases it will hang on the login screen with the animated "connection" wait icon active indefinitely. Tried to leave it overnight, no difference. The only remedy is a hardware reset or shutdown. Second login, after a user logged off, never succeeds. Login screen disappears, Window...

Web resources about - 4.83 SP2 cripples Citrix login - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Cripple Creek Historic District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... -105.17528 Coordinates : 38°45′7″N 105°10′31″W  /  38.75194°N 105.17528°W  / 38.75194; -105.17528 is a historic district including Cripple ...

#BTC ☆ #LTC — Coin of the Realm, until steganography cripples the current build:https://www.flickr.c ...
jurvetson posted a photo: Digital files can be uploaded to the bitcoin blockchain, to be propagated with every transaction, and critically, ...

Tracy Morgan: Black and Blue DVD: Whos Cripple Now (HBO) - YouTube
In his first ever HBO® stand-up comedy special, Tracy Morgan takes on all topics- sex, politics, celebrities and more! This non-stop hour of ...

Homesick factor continues to cripple struggling Lions
The Brisbane Lions will remain at a fundamental disadvantage in the AFL unless the crippling homesick factor is fixed.

Al Jazeera verdict may cripple Peter Greste's career and jail his colleagues
With his career as a foreign correspondent on the line and his two colleagues facing the prospect of further jail time, Australian journalist ...

iOS 9's content blocking feature will cripple mobile advertising businesses
Devices with iOS 9 software will have a content blocking feature.

Anonymous hackers cripple Aussie government websites
INTERNATIONAL hacking group Anonymous took at least 10 Australian government websites offline in a series of escalating attacks over proposed ...

Biggest strike in years cripples German rail
German rail travellers face delays as the train drivers' union begins one of its largest strikes in years.

Cuts cripple TAFE as it posts multi-million dollar loss
Financial woes have deepened in Victoria's training sector with another TAFE blaming its massive losses on state government funding cuts.

Big visa debts cripple Filipino workers' dreams of a better life
They are the faces of debt bondage: Filipino workers brought to Australia on 457 visas and saddled with substantial debts carrying crippling ...