2 nic cards - Novell Client - 2 networks

Does anyone know how to configure a workstation, with two network
adapters, Windows 2000, to connect to the right tree?

One nic has a static IP and no Novell network.
The second nic has dhcp on the Novell network.

Problem is, on boot up you get the Novell login prompt, but it doesnt see
the right network.

How do you configure the workstation to use the correct nic, to find the
correct tree?

If we disable the second nic it works.
0
eberleg

Unbind the Novell Client from the unwanted NIC by going into
Network and Dialup Connections - [Advanced] menu | Advanced Settings | Bindings.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

problem between xp home/netware client 4.83sp2 & win95 clients
This may not even be down to Netware, but I am trying to eliminate certain factors. we have 3 older PCs running Win95 v4.00.95b and the original Netware 32 client (it came with Intranetware 4.11) and one new machine that has WinXP Home and the Netware client 4.83sp2. At first everything was fine, then we had a problem with the new machine and we ended up re-installing XP Home and fitting a new network card. This seemed to be OK for a few days when we noticed these 3 older PCs started to lock up, with explorer.exe not responding and we had to switch them off to get them ...

Client 4.90SP2 vs. Microsoft's XP Netware Client
We run a database program that is having problems with the Netware client. Data corruption and performance are a problem. So, I tested the Microsoft Netware client vs. the Novell client and I am getting much better performnace from the Microsoft client. The Micorsoft client is 60 times faster during a 'post data' function. This translates from 15 seconds for Microsoft to 15 minutes for Novell! Is there anything I can do to speed up the Novell Client? Jerry Gunn Metamora High School Well, since you apparently need only IPX support (you didn't note which ver...

XP Client and NetWare 5
Hi, all. Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? Thanks -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ The latest, version 4.91 with SP2. Try earlier versions only if you have specific issues with this one. There are also a few post-SP2 patches available you might try in case of any such issues. Gerald Reynolds Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, all. > Which version of client do u recommend to use with WIN XP SP2 and > NETWARE 5.1 sp6??? > > Thanks > ...

VPN Client and Wireless Network Cards
A few weeks ago I posted regarding the fact that you cannot use the VPN Client (3.8.7) with the wireless card in a Centrino laptop. I am using W2K SP4 and it causes the Intel Proset software to automatically set the card to off. I can't do without the Intel Proset software as my users need to have many wireless profiles. Moving to XP is not an option with 500+ users. I have tried that latest Intel drivers and software and still no joy. So I have to go to the step of buying PCMCIA Wireless cards for laptops with built in wireless. I bought Netgear MA521 cards as we have us...

Client for Netware Networks Printer Notify
Hello! Does anyone know how to turn off printer notification using Microsoft's Client for Netware Networks? Thanks! jjm@bedellfirm.com Jenn Matchus-Brown wrote: > Does anyone know how to turn off printer notification using Microsoft's > Client for Netware Networks? You can't. You need Novell Client -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Use the CSNW Control Panel. You turn notification on or off for all printers, not for each individual printer as with the Novell client. "Jenn Matchus-Brown"...

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

Installing 3COM network card on XP
I am trying to install an old 3COM Ethernet or network card. XP detects that it is a model 3C905 - which it is. I downloaded some files from 3COM's website which expanded to many files. Among these one text file says these following files are the "NDIS driver files for Windows 95/98/Me and Windows NT/Windows 2000". EL90XND5.SY_ EL90XND4.SY_ EL90XND3.SY_ EL90XBC3.SY_ EL90XBC4.SY_ EL90XBC5.SY_ There are also the following files referred to as "Windows 95/98/Me and Windows NT/Windows 2000 OEM imp...

Dual Network Interface Cards NIC
Ok, can anyone help me in configuring a Dual card setup in a dell server running NW 6? We get a lot of usage during peak times and I would like to utilize NIC Teaming to open the bandwidth up on this additional card that is just sitting there. Thanks, which nics is it using? Each mfr has a different driver for this with a slightly different config. For example, with Intel nics you use the iANS driver for failover/lb aps. One of Novell's notes is here: (covers CPQ and Intel) http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2002/october/03/a0210034.htm I could not get th...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability
We have several WinXP boxes with the most current service pack as well as the most current security updates from MS that had issues functioning with any version of client above 4.83sp1e. The solution for that issue was to install the 4.83sp1e client. However, now many of the boxes we fixed already as well as some additional ones aren't responding to this fix. The login scripts run perfectly and it appears that everything is fine, but when you try to access any of the mapped drives that point to NetWare volumes, explorer.exe locks up and you have to shutdown before the compu...

Netware client 4.9 on XP
I setup a new Dell XP workstation as always. I added a static IP for it, added it to the Windows 2000 domain, then installed the client. I started with the 4.8 client but it has 4.9 on it now. When I log into the workstation it prompts that no domain controller is available. I know that it is and it is only a problem with this workstation. If I choose workstation only it will loging and I have access to all of the Windows 2000 servers. It has to be a client issue and is only with this newest workstation. Any ideas?? Try if the problem also exists with SP1: ...

Netware Client Issue w/ XP
We have a shared XP computer used by multiple users. When users log on through the Netware Client, the Windows info under the client advanced tab seems to apply to a specific Windows user; hence, it prompts you with a screen asking if you want to change your Windows and Netware password everytime a new user logs on.....unless you are the Windows user specified under the advanced/windows tab. How can you make the client accommodate different Windows/Netware users without a logon fiasco everytime a different user logs on? Can you disable the Novell client as the default logon ...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .....

Web resources about - 2 nic cards - Novell Client - 2 networks - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cartoon Network Russia and Southeastern Europe is a Russian/Bulgarian channel, which started on October 1, 2009. It replaced the Pan-European ...

2015 Cable Network Ranker: FNC No. 2 for the Year
Fox News Channel was No. 2 in prime time and No. 3 in total day viewers among all ad-supported cable networks during 2015. FNC averaged 1.79 ...

Girls Bravo DVD 2 - Review - Anime News Network Anime News Network
Here comes the crucial next stage in every harem anime: the introduction of more characters. This volume gets a "bravo" for loopy comedy, but ...

Nextdoor, the $1.1B social network for neighbors, is finally expanding overseas
After promising international expansion for the last couple of years, Nextdoor, the social network for neighbors, is laying the groundwork for ...

The Dish: Food Network's chef Amanda Freitag
... began her culinary career as a busgirl and worked her way through top kitchens in Paris and New York to eventually co-host her own Food Network ...

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
Soon it will be 2016 the Year of the Monkey in the Chinese Zodiac's 12 year cycle. People born in these years (e.g., 1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, ...

Networks The Pentagon Doesn’t Even Know It Has Could Get Hacked
'DOD did not maintain a comprehensive list of cloud computing service contracts'

AMC Networks’ Price Hike Proposal Gets Chilly Response From Small Cable Ops
‘Tis the season for saber rattling in cable. And this year AMC Networks is hearing a lot of that this week from small operators resisting a large ...

Network advanced threat protection market to hit US$1.3 billion in 2019, says IHS
Sales of network advanced threat protection (ATP) solutions, which detect sophisticated malware, reached US$194 million worldwide in the third ...