Secure FTP

Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1
or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services.

0
WH
1/13/2004 7:18:28 PM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

WH wrote:
> Is there any options for secure FTP on Netware 5.1
> or do I need to be running Netware 6.5 for Secure FTP services.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966658.htm

-andy

0
Andy

Netware 6.5 and secure FTP
I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the wrong group, I apologies. Is Netware 6.5 capable of doing FTP/Implicit SSL over port 990? If so, how is this configured? In testing, I have only been able to do SSL over port 21. But I have an app that will only do Implicit SSL on 990. -- daybrite ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/03/2010 17:06, daybrite wrote: > I'm not sure which group this should go in. So if I am posting in the > wrong group, I apologies. Maybe http://forums.nove...

Securing a NetWare 6.5 FTP server....
Hello all.... I have a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server and I am looking into securing the downloads to it. My goals are two-fold: 1. I would like to make it as secure as possible. 2. I would like to make it as easy as possible on my existing users of this FTP server without compromising goal #1. How do I do this? (And, please, speak slowly and assume that I know nothing about setting up an FTP server because I actually know next to nothing. Detailed instructions are encouraged and would be greatly appreciated.) Thanks in advance. Delon E. Weuve Senior Network Engineer ...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP on Netware 5.1 SP7
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP Netware 5.1 SP7 #2
I just upgraded one of my servers to 5.1 SP7 from 5.1 SP6 for the sole purpose of having secure FTP. The problem is I have no idea how to get this going. My 5.1 documentation refers to web interfaces to start this service but my company does not allow me to utilize the web interfaces due to possible security issues/concerns. I have another Netware 5.1 SP6 server running my current FTP services (non-secure)and didn't want to disrupt connections. The NWFTPD.NLM doesn't appear to be available on the updated server and am pretty sure the NLM has changed all together. S...

Secure FTP server for NetWare (NLM or JAVA based)
Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if i can. thanks, chip Netware 6.5 has one that is part of openssh I couldn't find any binaries for it but it looks like one is on its way. A search through the documentation for netware 6.5 will tell you some of its features however it seems useless for nw6 right now. if any one else reads will there be a binary that will work with nw6? JH > Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is great, ...

Security Services 2.0.1 ( and 2.0.2 ) and NetWare FTP
I have problems ( can�t login ) to login to all NetWare FTP servers after installing SS 2.0.1 ( and no change after installing 2.0.2 ). Same problem is with NetWare Screen Saver on NW 6.5 servers. I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running nw65sp5 > I am not sure about FTP. But I know the scrsaver works. I have servers > running edir881 and ss202 and i unlock scrsaver all the time. I am running > nw65sp5 > Jeff, I�m on eDir 8.7.3.8, there is a problem. D...

Netware FTP vs. OES2L FTP
Guys, running Netware FTP for customers to dump some files via FTP to my NSS volumes. Does this really work exactly the same with OES2 Linux FTP (pure-ftpd) ? Can a user login with eDir account and get right into there homedir on the NSS volume on OES2 Linux? Or other common NSS volume/dir. Cheers, Anders -- -- Technical Consultant KERFI AB, Sweden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yes, using pure-ftpd on OES2 Linux, you can get access to NSS volumes using an eDirectory user. 'Novell Documentation' (http://www...

secure ftp
Is it possible to establish a secure ftp (SSL 3) session from a compliant ftp client inside a Bordermanager (3.5, Netware 5.1) firewall running an ftp proxy to a non Novell secure FTP server on the internet. hi Brian, as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll have to either use NAT or a generic proxy for Secure FTP. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > hi Brian, > > as far as I know the FTP proxy only supports standard FTP. You'll > have to either use NAT or a generic proxy f...

FTP Security
Please accept my apologies if this question has been asked and answered in another thread. If it has, my search failed to turn it up. D-Link makes a NAS product (DNS-323) which allows for the use of an FTP server. I desire to use this built-in functionality; however, after enabling it and making all of the security adjustments (i.e. creating groups/users with permissions, establishing passwords, etc.) I am concerned that a Shields Up scan of my IP shows the port that this server is assigned as being OPEN. :( Is there any way to enable this FTP server functionality without h...

How secure is secure?

secure ftp
Hi folks, since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? (certificate, port ....) I can establish an unencrypted connection but if I configure SSL on the ftp client this doesn't works. Any ideas are welcome Thanks Wolfgang Becher -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Wolfgang Becher wrote: > Hi folks, > > since NW6SP4 the ftp server supports secure ftp. > Does anyone knows which configuration is necessary to get this running? > (certif...

when is secure, secure?

Web resources about - Secure FTP - novell.netware.webserver

Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital or ( SD ) is a non-volatile memory card format for use in portable devices, such as mobile phones , digital cameras , GPS navigation ...

Facebook To Users: ‘Add Your Phone Number To Help Secure Your Account’
Some Facebook users are seeing alerts above the Graph Search bars on their News Feeds , prompting them to “Add your phone number to help secure ...

NAB anxiety index: jobs secure but cost of living makes us anxious
Australians are more secure about their jobs than a year ago but cost of living pressures remain a headache

Jamie Donaldson wins in Thailand to secure Open berth
Welshman Jamie Donaldson completed a memorable debut at the Thailand Golf Championship on Sunday, winning the Asian Tour event with a three-shot ...

MIT researchers create ‘untraceable’ text messaging that’s even more secure than Tor
Given recent news that popular online anonymity tool Tor might not be as completely secure as many of us had assumed , we were intrigued to see ...

SoftBank-led Joint Venture Secures First Solar Power Project In India At Record-low Tariff
... Pradesh through atender which was floated by India’s largest power generation company, NTPC Limited, [&hellip SoftBank-led Joint Venture Secures ...

Millions to lose secure Internet soon
It's all to do with the "SHA-1 Sunset," the expiration of support for a certain level of encryption.

Secure? Yes, usually but with enough effort...
Boss calls this sysadmin/network admin pilot fish into his office with bad news: A machine under someone's desk has been hacked. "Now, this ...

Ditch the sticky notes to keep your passwords handy and secure
In this age of cyber theft, keeping your passwords on a pad of paper or (even worse) an online document just won’t cut it, no matter how indecipherable ...

Altice Secures Its U.S. Foothold As It Completes $9.1B Suddenlink Deal
French telecom giant Altice now owns the No. 7 U.S. cable company: It just closed its $9.1 billion deal to buy 70% of Suddenlink , which has ...