Communities Chat gadget does not work with Secure iChain accelerators.

Solution  NOVL87352

This problem has been addressed in Novell exteNd Director 4.1 Standard

Edition.

The Community Chat gadget has been enhanced with an option to use
http/s
instead of the applet (socket interface) for compatibility with iChain
and
other firewalls/proxies.  This elliminates the need for tunneling on
port
2122.  There is a new configuration setting in the Community Chat
gadget
called "Use HTTP instead of Sockets".  By setting this to "True", all
instant messages will be sent via http/s rather than the socket
interface.

To configure this setting on the Chat gadget, perform the following:
1- Login as a Portal Administrator
2- From the Portal Administration gadget, select 'Communities'
3- Select a Community and click the 'Edit' button
4- Select 'Properties' from the available options
5- Under 'Services:' select the 'Modify' button.
6- From the gadget assignments choose 'Chat' and select the 'Edit'
button
7- Click 'Continue', 'Save' 'Continue' and 'Close'

If using Novell Portal Services, you must configure iChain to tunnel
on port
2121 in order for the Community Chat gadget to work.

0
Andre
5/19/2003 2:41:16 PM
novell.netware.webserver 2692 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Andre,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Do a search of our knowledgebase at
http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid
product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct news group. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Working with SLL
I have my site finally working fine with IsSecure and have written quite a bit of code to send you from the Non Secure site to https://www.MySite.com/Member/Login.aspx?Notice=True&ReturnUrl=(http://www.MySite.com/Directory/OrLastPage)This is great and working well for Registration and Logins. How ever I do not want the entire site to be accessible from IsSecure but I do want 16 of 180 pages to automaticly do switch betweens https and http. If you access any of the other pages it should redirect you back to http://Is there not a way to set this up in the web.sitemap's like we can with...

Chat security
I�m going to join a chat group and I would like to know what elementary precautions I should take, to avoid malicious chat psychos. I have ZoneAlarm, AVP and my OS is W-ME, with a dial-modem to get into internet. Thank you for any ideas. "Sakura" <pleasereply@inforum.com> wrote in message news:9g09oq$fv4$1@news.grc.com... > > I�m going to join a chat group and I would like to know what elementary > precautions I should take, to avoid malicious chat psychos. > > I have ZoneAlarm, AVP and my OS is W-ME, with a dial-modem to get > into intern...

Secure Chat???????????

Chat not working
Name: Robert Maiers Email: rlmaiersatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Chat not working Comments: Installed the recent 3.0.8 version and Chat no longer shows up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 (CK-IBM) Firefox/3.0.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Working
I have two servers running NW65sp4A (different trees). I initially installed BM3.8 patched to sp4 with VPN services ( Firewall services to follow after I know I have VPN working). My problem is that it appears to be working but its not working. I can open my Windows Explorer (from the SLAVE side network) and reach the MASTER, authenticate and open files. The MASTER NRM VPN monitor shows 1 (one) Active Connections 0 (zero) Packets Received and lots of Packets Sent. The VPN Member List Status shows both servers as �Being Configured�. The Audit Log has two recurring RED entrie...

image creation working local machine not working in the webserver what to do gurus
hai gurus,                  i am new to this forum. i am getting good responses. thank u to all.                     i have  created  http://search.interviewdoor.com . purpose of the project is to create a image dynamically. after enter any value then click on the button. it is giving below error.  in the local pc code is working fine. then go the web server this application is not working.  i h...

security too secure

chat does not work
Name: Michael Brown [ashmanor] Email: mbrown057atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: chat does not work Comments: I have been to set up your chat funtion but I can't set up an working account, "chat-support-mozilla.com" what servr?? 1773.324.1655..........thanks mike Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender f...

How secure is secure?

NetWare security
If I'm posting this in the wrong forum, please let me know. We're looking for a security "Best Practices" document for our 6.5 servers? Do you know if Novell has something like this? Jason Jason, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and option...

Standard Security works but Intergrated Security doesn't
I wonder if someone could help me with my problem. (btw I did go to Internet Services and I do have integrated security enabled) If I use regular login in my ConnectionString then my page works fine but if I try to use integrated security in my ConnectionString I get an error message Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. It seems like the server is not picking up my Network login to validate it against Integrated Security. Here is an excerpt from my page along with commented Integrated Security ConnectionString Dim...

when is secure, secure?

my security is not working
Hi all ok I,m new at this so bear with me I dont whant visitors to view all pages so i put pages in a folder and a signed roles to the folder changed the adderess in my sitemap the problem I,m haveing is visitors not login are still able to view all pages??? and my background image does not show in the pages that I a signed to a folder how do i use the runat server this is a image poster that is in background                              &nb...

Using profiles
Hi All This might be long with all the bits I have to add. At Home I am useing Vista with SQL Express and SQL Developers server and Visual Studio 2008 (full product) I have a web site which i want to run on a windows server. I t all works fine on my machine at home which is set up to mirroe the physical path of the server. When I upload the site with the profiles included I get an error message headed A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct...

Web resources about - Communities Chat gadget does not work with Secure iChain accelerators. - novell.netware.webserver