Server Rename User Home Directories

I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server.  Everything seemed to go ok except now
the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone.  Is there an easy way to get
this back or is it divide and conquer time.

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian T. Payne BS, CNA 5, Net+
Mount Vernon Nazarene University

0
Brian
8/8/2005 1:15:01 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14026.html might help

--

-andy
0

Thanks,

Brian

--
"Andy Thompson (SysOp)" <00aet@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Brian Payne wrote:
>
> > I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server.  Everything seemed to go ok except
now
> > the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone.  Is there an easy way to get
> > this back or is it divide and conquer time.
>
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14026.html might help
>
> --
>
> -andy

0
Brian
8/8/2005 5:20:32 PM
Brian Payne wrote:

> Thanks this worked for one server rename.  I renamed another server where
> the home directories are not in the same folder for all users in the
> context.  Can this tool be used for that.  I do not see a way to do it.

FAIK, no.

--

-andy
0

Cheers,
Edward

"Brian Payne" <bpayne@mvnu.edu> wrote in message
> Thanks this worked for one server rename.  I renamed another server where
> the home directories are not in the same folder for all users in the
> context.  Can this tool be used for that.  I do not see a way to do it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
>
> --
> Brian T. Payne BS, CNA 5, Net+
> Mount Vernon Nazarene University
> Mount Vernon, OH 43050
> email:  bpayne@mvnu.edu
> "Andy Thompson (SysOp)" <00aet@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> Brian Payne wrote:
>>
>> > I renamed a NetWare 6.5 sp3 server.  Everything seemed to go ok except
> now
>> > the user home dir attribute in NDS is gone.  Is there an easy way to
>> > get
>> > this back or is it divide and conquer time.
>>
>> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14026.html might help
>>
>> --
>>
>> -andy

0
Edward

how to rename the directory on the FTP server using FtpWebRequest(Careful:not to rename the file in the directory)
 i got an error at line 11  to rename the directory(its old name is "0",i want to change to "1")  when i ran the code as follow.  anybody can help me ? main code:1 private function void ftpRename() 2 { 3 URI = @"ftp://"+Server ip+"/0"; 4 System.Net.FtpWebRequest ftp = GetRequest(URI); 5 //Set request to delete 6 ftp.Method = System.Net.WebRequestMethods.Ftp.Rename; 7 ftp.RenameTo = "/1"; 8 ...

Move user home directory to new server
I want to move multiple users home direcotry to new server, the only change is server and volume, there is no change on path. How can I do this? I tried NWadmin to modify multiple users, after I put in new volume and apply the change, the path have been overwirte, and become blank. I tried to put variable %username or %login_name, they won't pick it up. , > How can I do this? > You could use UIMPORT for this, or easier SETHOME from the JRB utilities. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedag...

move user home directory to secondary server
I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's the best way to establish the new home directory reference in console one. I can go to the screen containing the home directory reference and manually enter the new location. Is there an automated way to do this??? i have already taken care of rights on the secondary server. Any Ideas??? asalazar@ci.chico.ca.us wrote: > I have to move user home directories to a secondary server. What's > the best way to establish the new home directory reference in console > one. I can go to the screen contain...

Install into user's HOME directory?

Move User home directories to new volume on same server
Running NW65SP7. We would like to move our USER home directories from one NSS volume to another NSS volume on the same server. We have used the 3rd party NWCOPY utility in the past for large inter/intra server file copies and it seems to work good. Since NWCOPY allows us to pre-copy the data in smaller chunks at a convenient time and then do a smaller delta/synch copy when the final cutover is planned, we likely plan on using this utility in combination with some other utilities like HOMES to change the eDir home directory attributes and file rights. Just wanted to get some i...

Home directory not having same contents after adding user for different server
Hi, I add users using the command for all the server I use eg for server 66 which has opensuse 12.1 Code: -------------------- powerme@msvlsi66:~> su - Password: msvlsi66:~ # useradd -g users -d /export/home/patil66 -m patil66 msvlsi66:~ # passwd patil66 Changing password for patil66. New Password: Bad password: it is based on a dictionary word Reenter New Password: Password changed. msvlsi66:~ # -------------------- Similarly for server 62 which has opensuse 10.3 Code: -------------------- msvlsi62 home/liuc> su - P...

Users refused SSH connection of home directory server.
I have an odd situation when using SSH connections for secure FTP file access on my NW6.5 servers. I've got two main data servers. Both are identical in setup: NW6.5SP8/eDir 8.8SP5 VM's running on identical Dell PE1950's attached to a Hitachi SAN array. One server hosts the users' home folders, the other holds data shared across the enterprise. I have a third data server at a remote campus. With the server that hosts the user's home folders, I've several accounts that are not able to connect. The server logs indicate a failed password. That same user,...

NIS setup with user home directory on one server
Hi all, I am new to OpenSuse. I am attempting to setup the following: 1.User login/authentication via a single NIS server. 2. User home directory should also be on the Same NIS server. 3. If possible to setup a single shared home directory for all users. OpenSuse version 11.2 There are twelve workstations from which users will login using the NIS authentication. I have succeeded in setting up NI server. However login fails as the home directory is not accessible. Any help / suggestions would be welcome. Tushar -- tvyoda ----------------------------------...

Active Directory user home directory
Hi all. I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity Vault to Active Directory? Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user login. My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So, how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I can write theese informations. What do you think about this? Anyone can help me? Best regards...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

How to install user license v6.5 in netware server v4.2?
We purchased new user license for our netware server v4.2. And were given user license v6.5 with .nlf file. However, when trying to install from Netware Administrator--Tools--Install license--Install envelope, error given was "There are no License Service Provider (LSP) systems available. Make sure the workstation is connected to the network." How should the installation of user license v6.5 go about for netware server v4.2? Kindly please advise. Thanks... , > We purchased new user license for our netware server v4.2. And were given > user license v6.5 with .n...

SCU NT to NetWare MIgration
I'm trying to migrate 25 GB of shared data from a NT 4.0 server to NetWare 6.5 server, but do not want to migrate user's home directories that are specified on the Profile tab in the MMC Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. The home directories are already located on the NetWare server to which I am migrating the shared data. The NetWare server has CIFS running so that non-Novell Client users can map drive letters to their home directories. Does anyone know of a way to tell the Server Consolidation Utility to skip home directories or a way to trick SCU into not s...

User's home directory saved in Samba server not locally
Hi guys, Continuing with my assigned task of migrating the company's PCs to GNU/Linux ('openSUSE as server for GNU/Linux clients' (http://tinyurl.com/5sqzjl7)) I managed to set up a DC with roaming profiles for the few remaining Windows users, user validation and login for the openSUSE boxes and a few network shares with different rights. I know there are no roaming profiles for GNU/Linux and I can live with that but I would like to specify wich users/groups would have their home directories saved locally (notebook users) and which will save them on the Samba server...

Web resources about - Server Rename User Home Directories - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Avicenna Directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Between 2000-2007, the WHO published the directory electronically, along with updates received after the 2000 print publication. In August 2007, ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: Accessing Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

Welcome to SBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Sacramento Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.