Netware 6.5 SP4 install fails with "Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume NW65OS" error !

I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4.
The volume label of the CD is NW65OS.

During install, I get the following error when it tries to mount the
CD-
ROM:

Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume "NW65OS". Some possible reasons
are...
Correct the problem if possible. (nwconfig-6-391)

I've tried the jumper settings and changed many cdroms, to no avail.

Anyone has the solution or the work-around ??!!!

Thanks a lot !!

0
joecheng
11/7/2005 3:56:39 AM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

boot from CD-ROM and install that way.

> I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4.
> The volume label of the CD is NW65OS.
>
> During install, I get the following error when it tries to mount the
> CD-
> ROM:
>
> Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume "NW65OS". Some possible reasons
> are...
> Correct the problem if possible. (nwconfig-6-391)
>

> I've tried the jumper settings and changed many cdroms, to no avail.
>
> Anyone has the solution or the work-around ??!!!
>
> Thanks a lot !!

0
jj
11/7/2005 5:46:06 AM
First, make sure you have SP4a and not SP4.

Second, make sure the CDROM is jumpered as Master (on the secondary IDE
controller).

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

"Mounting CD...", "File "NW65OS:\SYS" not found" while installing OES NW6.5
Gentlemen, OES Netware 6.5 SP4 Hardware: DELL PowerEdge 1850 We recently acquired two new DELL PowerEdge 1850 servers. I have been trying to install OES-Netware in them but I keep on encountering the same errors: During the installation after the creation of the SYS volume, I select "Continue with Installation" and press Enter. At that point I get the following message: Mounting CD... After a while I get a message with a pink background: File "NW650S:\SYS" not found (plus some suggestions on how to fix this) After burning another copy of OES-NW...

GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation:
GW7Sp2 "Webaccess Install failed " error: Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed. I am running the novell client 4.91sp2 and the firewall is disabled on my XP machine. I have turned off antivirus and still cannot get it to work. Later I tried to run the Hot Fix for the GWIA gw702hp1gwia_reva.exe and I cannot get the install to work following the instructions for download and extraction and trying to run it from CMD install /copyonly. If anyone has worked through this I would really appreciate their solution. Harrel Hi, Harrelc ...

NetWare 6.5 SP3 Upgrades Issues
This seems to be an issue that has not been addressed by Novell! During the upgrade of a server the GUI will hang at "Closing Installation Files". This results is NRM, & iManager not functioning even though the server is upgraded to 6.5. Looks like Novell has skirted around this issue. Obviously if you read the forums this is happening frequently. This has happened to about 7 out of the 10 servers that I have upgraded thus far. Just exactly when is this going to looked into. Are you passing it on to Novell to inform them that this is happening? I currenlty have a...

eDirectory 8.7.3 install error "Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server..."
I have a server with eDirectory 8.7.1 running on Netware 6.5 SP 5 that I am trying to upgrade to eDirectory 8.7.3. When I start the install through NWCONFIG I get the following error message: -=-=- Error: This Installation can only be run on a NetWare 5.1 Server (with Support Pack Version 5.1.6) or a NetWare 6 Server (with Support Pack Version 6.0.3). -=-=- But the server is Netware 6.5. Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 Support Pack Revision 05 (C) Copyright 1983-2005 Novell Inc. All Righ...

VirtualBox installation error/warning " failed (modprobe vboxnetflt failed."
at the end of the installation of VirtualBox 4.0 I get: Starting VirtualBox kernel modules failed (modprobe vboxnetflt failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why) # modprobe vboxnetflt dkms FATAL: Error inserting vboxnetflt (/lib/modules/2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop/updates/vboxnetflt.ko): Invalid module format but things things seem to be working fine per the vbox forum vboxnetflt is the Bridged networking module and I was told it's a dkms issue (they asked if it was installed, it was from the Packman repo but I did rebuild it from their src.rpm which did not help)....

iMgr 2.6 install fails on "Select Plug-ins to Install"
I would like to upgrade our IDM2 server to IDM3. One of the prerequisites for IDM3 listed is iMgr 2.6. The server is currently running iMgr 2.5. I unzipped iMan_26_NW65_Standalone.zip to SYS:IM26 on the server (NW6.5/SP3). I then attempt to install from the STARTX GUI. When it gets to the "Select Plug-ins to Install" screen it tells me "No plug-ins found or server not available". If I attempt to continue past this point I get a "Fatal Error" box telling me to check sys:\ni\data\ni.log for details. I checked and there is nothing new in this log f...

NetWare 6.5 install; "no storage device detected"
I'm trying to install the NetWare 6.5 eval on a PC I have. It runs through the install, and gives me the "no storage device detected" error, telling me that I need to install a HAM. So I monkey around a bit with the drivers, without any luck. The error message being a bit, uh, vague, I do a little research on the web. My PC has a motherboard with a VIA chipset, which appears to cause problems. I tried installing again in manual mode--same problem. First, any recommendations for getting around (or ruling out) the VIA chipset problem? Second, the server wi...

Hello, I'm trying to install Novell NetWare 6.5. But in nthe middle of the installation it hangs on.. Loading driver... Please wait (blinking) (@ the top of the screen it says.. RTSSRV.LAN) I can't do nothing.. What specific motherboard and embedded network device are you working with? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop If you flip screens, is there user intervention waiting? It's sounds like it's tring to load a Nic driver. Does the driver match your hardware? Use your ALT, ESC keys and toggle to other scree...

Netware 6.5 SP3 "... More than 12 Failed Logins".
About twice a Day the server stops and may or may not log an Abend and may or may not reboot on its own. Here is the Server Health Log File information from the last failure: Thursday, 8-11-2005 4:44 pm Failed Logins Per Hour on server RRC_SERV2 was in a SUSPECT State Current Value - 11 Peak Value - 11 Max Value - N/A Current SUSPECT threshold = More than 4 Failed Logins and Critical threshold = More than 12 Failed Logins Current SUSPECT trigger delay = -1 and Critical trigger delay = -1 This is running 6.5SP3 on an HP LH4 with 4 Gig Ram, 4x700CPU's, 2 Raid arrays...

GW7 SP1 on Linux: Installation error: "Installation failed for an unknown reason (26)"
--____NPDSLKIJBDKNFAYYVFSN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 28 Jun 2006 01:06:00 +0200" I installed the evaluation version of gw7 on an oes server linux with sp2. = Installation works without any error. Because of some errors I tried out = beta5 of GW7 Sp1. The installation terminated with "Installation failed with an unknown = error reason (26)", the beta 4 installed without any problems. After the final release of the sp1 the error 26 occoure...

Installation of Netware 6.0 eval with "not enough memory" error
Hello all, I'm student and I have to install Netware 6.0 evaluation 5 users for my project. At the beginning of the installation an error message appears : "This system does not have enough RAM to install NetWare. 62MB of RAM are available to the server but 180 MB of RAM are required." I have 512MB of available RAM. The installation is launched since DOS 6.22. If I continue the installation, it stops when it launch the graphic assistant and shows me a grey screen. I let turn all night long but nothing moved. I examined various forums but did not find effective s...

Netware 6.5 sp5 Overlay CD Install failed
Hi, i install at this time a Netware 6.5 Sp5 Server as a Diagnostic-Environment. after copying files to the server volumes, the gui started, but nothing is on the gui. i can klick the rigth mouse button and see a context menu. i can not use the context menu. the last action on the console: load module fontmn.dll the answer [BAD FORMAT]. i download the cd from novell yesterday. any suggestion? ingo ingo.mittag@skwp.de wrote: >i download the cd from novell yesterday. Did you verify the md5 checksum of the files you downloaded? Did you enable the verify option when burning...

GW 7.01 Eval on SLES10 installation error: "Install failed for an unknown reason (28)"
I'm trying to install GW7 on SLES 10, the install program gets as far as 'Copy files' with 'Installing administration software' showing against the progress bar, then it fails with the message "Install failed for an unknown reason (28)." Does anyone know what this means? Thanks for any help, Leo Shaw Are you installing SP1 or the original vanilla version of GW7.0? On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:57:35 GMT, Leo Shaw <novell-gwc3po@leoshaw.co.uk> wrote: >I'm trying to install GW7 on SLES 10, the install program gets as far as &g...

NetWare 6.5 + Apache2 + SSL: "failed to get a socket for port 443"
Hello all, I'm dealing with a NetWare 6.5 server running the default Apache2/Tomcat. I've recently installed GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess application, which is running fine. I uncommented this line in httpd.conf to enable SSL: SecureListen 443 "SSL CertificateIP" With this line enabled, Apache dies and logs this error message: [Fri Aug 20 13:38:16 2004] [crit] (10043)Unknown error: make_secure_socket: failed to get a socket for port 443 Configuration Failed I couldn't find any clues in the NetWare Administrator Handbook and neither in these TIDs: 100...

Web resources about - Netware 6.5 SP4 install fails with "Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume NW65OS" error ! - novell.netware.install-upgrade