Install FTP after netware installation.

Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server
pattern install just the FTP server?  Do I use the Install from the GUI or
do I use NWConfig?

I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip.
I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via
the GUI or NWConfig.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

S. D. Rose wrote:
> Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server
> pattern install just the FTP server?  Do I use the Install from the GUI or
> do I use NWConfig?
>
> I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip.
> I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via
> the GUI or NWConfig.

Think you have to point nwconfig to the root of your cd.

-andy
0
Andy
10/28/2005 9:18:02 PM
Yep.  Just pop in the product CD and install from the GUI.  Do not use
NWCONFIG

It will ask you to point to the location of files.  Browse to your CD
(when available) which should be "NW65PROD", and click it.  In the
right pane, "POSTINST.NI" should appear.  Select it and install what
you need.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:45:07 GMT, "S. D. Rose" <photos@conversent.net>
wrote:

>Using Netware 6.5 sp4, how can I after installing the pre-migration server
>pattern install just the FTP server?  Do I use the Install from the GUI or
>do I use NWConfig?
>
>I looked in the NW65PROD cd at the FTP directory, and just saw the ftp.zip.
>I didn't see any .in or other 'installation' file to select from Install via
>the GUI or NWConfig.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>Dave

0
Brian
10/28/2005 9:20:50 PM
I believe that Brian is right -- via the GUI here.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry
Barry Schnur wrote:

> I believe that Brian is right -- via the GUI here.

Seems like nwconfig launches the gui after selecting the source.  Been a
while since I've done it to say for sure though I guess.

--
-andy
0
> Seems like nwconfig launches the gui after selecting the source.  Been a
> while since I've done it to say for sure though I guess.

Interesting -- sort of a shim then -- haven't tried it that way myself
either.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

To install or not to install?

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

New Install Of NetWare 5.1 Locks Up On Install Of IDEATA.HAM
I am doing a fresh install of Netware 5.1 and am having a problem with the install locking up when it tries to install IDEATA.HAM It just sits on the Loading Driver... Please Wait screen. I am installing on a 80gig hard drive with a 2 gig boot partition. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks RHankins Your hardware might have an IDE controller that is incompatible iwth IDEATA.HAM. I suggest you try to do your install using the latest overlay CD available here: http://support.novell.com/tools/csp/csp12_nw51downloads.html -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.17.5.9) ...

Occassional appearance of Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install
Since upgrading to 3.1.1 I am getting the occasional redirection to Install/Install.aspx?mode=Install.  Is anyone else recieving this or does this suggest the installation script didn't complete?Jonathan Palmer Check your web.config and see if install=true.... In a previous version this was happening to me until i turned it off. ...

netware installation
I want to create a new volumne with the remaining disk space The hard drive is 70gb netware created a small partition for the op system I want to use the rest of the disk for data what is the procedure for creating this Padraic Murphy, > what is the procedure for creating this > Assuming 6.x and that the rest is free space: Use NSSMU to create a POOL, then create a volume in that POOL. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for ...

How come Imanager isn't install as part of the NetWare 6.5 install?
Just got done installing NetWare 6.5SP2 and just figured since I'm suppose to use Imanager for my management that it would be part of the install process. Seems only reasonable. Steven It is. How are you ascertaining it is not? If it's not working for you, post over in the iMan forum. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

Installation of FTP on netware 6
Hello out there. I have a customer that is going to use ftp to deliver electonic bills to her customers. The apps that is doing that stores a file ( some where in the filesystem ( predefined)) and the ftp server is going to deliver that file to the customer. There is today about 3 different customers that is going to have those files. Is it possible to use NetwareFtpServer to manage that ?? how can i script it to deliver file A to customer A and not to customer B and so on?? Or do i have to buy another ftp server that is windows based?? regardes rune madsen Rune,...

no install after installing jvm141
i have waited for a few days now to see if anyone would reply to my last response and got nothing so far so i figured i would repost everything in hopes that someone woudl be able to help me, please read below. ============================ In article , wrote: > i cant find the install opption on the GUI to install imanager. i just > updated to the newest jvm and the gui looks totally differnet, and the > start options all changed. any ideas? > What exact NetWare version are you using (including SP)? In theory, you should use the "install" option in ...

Is there a Gzip installer that I could install ?
Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop interface .. is direct package installed that I could use opening it on files using the right click method from windows ? "open with" / "chosen freeware" = click ! -- Cypher7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cypher7 wrote: > > Trying to make things easier I have a question about the linux desktop > interface The linux desktop interface can be a lot of things, KDE,GNOME, windowmaker to name but a few. > .. is direct packa...

NetWare FTP and SuSE install
We put the SuSE installation files on a NetWare 6.5 server. It in the path volume\9.0 For some reason the installtion doesn't work correctly when using this setup. The FTP session uses authentication. It sets the folder to the root for 9.0 but the installion won't start unless you specify \\volume\9.0\. Seem like the installation routing is logging to the root of the volume even though the accounts home directory is set to 9.0. If I set the path to \\volume\9.0\ the installation starts but when it gets to the screen where you select the products, it says no products ...

Netware installation
I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 5.01. Installation completes successfully and the client issues the LOAD command specifying 8M cache and the path to the database. The engine appears to start, yet when the client goes into the system console there is a notice indicating that there has been a critical error and that the database engine is being terminated. The server then hangs. Any ideas as to compatibility or issues that may be causing this to happen? Thanks in advance >I have a client who has tried to install Sybase SQL An...

How To Install FTP Services After Initial Install
I have a test box that I installed a very stripped down version of NetWare 6. I basically unchecked about everything that was extra during the installation. The problem I have now is, I would like to install the FTP services and the Web Manager software. Can anyone explain how to do this without having to rebuild the box? There has to be a way but I have been unsuccessful thus far. Thanks! Ryan Sinnwell The Weitz Company Regional IT Engineer Ryan Sinnwell wrote: > I have a test box that I installed a very stripped down version of NetWare 6. I basically unchecked about everyt...

FTP installation source broken after install
Greetings, I know this is something stupid that I'm doing wrong but....I have some older servers without DVD drives, so I set up a SLES10SP3 32-bit installation folder on our ftp server, under the root in the pub/sles10sp3 folder. I coped all the files from the DVD there. So the install goes fine, I boot from the 32-bit CD, choose FTP during install and configure the server and folder, anonymous access. It finds all the files and installs. Then, once the install is done, anytime I access anything with software I'm told it can't access the installation media, when I...

Web resources about - Install FTP after netware installation. - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?