5.0 & 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade

We currently have two node NW6SP5 cluster, one NW6SP5 non-cluster, and
some NW50SP6a servers.  We plan to upgrade the 6.0 servers to OES NetWare
6.5; migrate one of our 5.0 servers to newer hardware and remove the
others.

Currently one of the cluster servers is the master and SLPDA.
To introduce OES NetWare 6.5 to the tree, what is better to do first:

*migrate the 5.0 server to a box running NW6SP5, make it master, then do
an inplace upgrade to OES NetWare 6.5, then do inplace OES 6.5 upgrade to
6.0 cluster and non-cluster servers?

*or migrate the 5.0 server to a box running OES NetWare 6.5, make it
master, then do inplace OES 6.5 upgrade to 6.0 cluster and non-cluster
servers?

*or make the 6.0 non-cluster the master, do an inplace OES NetWare 6.5
upgrade, then migrate the 5.0 to an OES NetWare 6.5 box,  then do inplace
OES 6.5 upgrade to 6.0 cluster servers?
(this non-cluster 6.0 server is a non-critical server that was upgraded
from 5.1 to 6.0 and currently does not have a replica).  Is having 4
replicas to many?

At what point should I remove the other 5.0 servers, before or after
upgrading the others?

Please advise.
thanx
Haydee
0
roblesh
10/12/2005 7:34:20 PM
novell.netware.install-upgrade 1409 articles. 0 followers. Follow

find out which server is also the certificate server, make it the
master, then upgrade it to 6.5 first

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp

roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> Currently one of the cluster servers is the master
0
Joseph
10/13/2005 12:05:13 PM
> find out which server is also the certificate server, make it the
> master, then upgrade it to 6.5 first
>
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > Currently one of the cluster servers is the master

The 5.0 server that is being migrated used to be the master and CA.
But it was changed, now the cluster node that is the master is also the
CA.  I was hoping to first upgrade a non-cluster server.  Does this mean I
should upgrade the cluster CA first?  Is it advisable to first make a non-
cluster note the CA and Master?

When I look in the properties of the Organizational CA, the Host Server is
the 6.0 cluser node.    But, in the WO properties, the NDSPKI:SD key
Server DN is still the 5.0 server.   Is this correct?   Shouldn't it also
be the 6.0 CA node?     If so, can the node be added thru the add button?
and remove the 5.0?

Please advise.
thanx again.
haydee

0
roblesh
10/13/2005 4:41:22 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

>  Does this mean I
> should upgrade the cluster CA first?  Is it advisable to first make a
> non- cluster note the CA and Master?

I don't think you have to move your CA (it is a PITA to do) - if you
are using powerpath, see
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/search/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docT
ype=kc&externalId=10096877html&sliceId=&dialogID=1036287 for a gotcha

> When I look in the properties of the Organizational CA, the Host
> Server is the 6.0 cluser node.    But, in the WO properties, the
> NDSPKI:SD key Server DN is still the 5.0 server.   Is this correct?
> Shouldn't it also be the 6.0 CA node?     If so, can the node be
> added thru the add button?  and remove the 5.0?

The 5.0 server that is listed is where the SD is - see
http://support.novell.com/techcenter/search/Docs/Tids/Solutions/10056795
..html  It doesn't have to be the 6.0 CA node.

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/14/2005 11:09:41 AM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> >  Does this mean I
> > should upgrade the cluster CA first?  Is it advisable to first make a
> > non- cluster note the CA and Master?
> >

> I don't think you have to move your CA (it is a PITA to do) - if you
> are using powerpath, see
> http://support.novell.com/techcenter/search/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docT
> ype=kc&externalId=10096877html&sliceId=&dialogID=1036287 for a gotcha

I looked in nwconfig, i don't see EMC Powerpath installed.  We have a NAS
(not a SAN),,, it's one of those HP DL380 clusterpackage.  So, I guess
it's not installed,, where else can I check?

> > When I look in the properties of the Organizational CA, the Host
> > Server is the 6.0 cluser node.    But, in the WO properties, the
> > NDSPKI:SD key Server DN is still the 5.0 server.   Is this correct?
> > Shouldn't it also be the 6.0 CA node?     If so, can the node be
> > added thru the add button?  and remove the 5.0?
>
> The 5.0 server that is listed is where the SD is - see
> http://support.novell.com/techcenter/search/Docs/Tids/Solutions/10056795

So the 5.0 that we are migrating is currently where the SD key is.  This
5.0 server is also the (single) time provider. After migrating it to 6.5,
we want it to continue to be the time provider, to continue to hold the SD
key, and if possible be the CA again, (if we can do without breaking
anything).

So, I guess before we migrate the server we assign another time provider
and another 5.0 server with a copy of the key to hold the SD key?

I checked to see what servers had copy of the key,, and it appears only
the other two 5.0 servers that eventually will be removed from the tree
have a copy.

The 6.0 cluster servers have a NICIFK file (not a nicisdi.key file); and
the other 6.0 non-cluster server (one that was inplace upgraded from 5.0)
has a different nicisdi.key file (different size, & date).

(I'm thinking maybe that is why we could never get CIFS to work on the
cluster,, when setting simple password we get a 1460 error, but thats
another issue; maybe we can fix by fixing this CA issue).

Is this how we want to proceed?
1.  assign another time provider
2.  assign another 5.0 to hold the SD key
3.  migrate the 5.0 to 6.5
4.  after migrating, make it master, time provider, assign the SD key
again, and make it the CA again?

5.  then do inplace upgrade on the 6.0 servers?
6.  and remove the 5.0 servers.

> ..html  It doesn't have to be the 6.0 CA node.

I get confused,, what is the difference between the CA and the one holding
the SD key?  I thought the CA was the CA because if had the SD key....
whatever,
Please advise.
thanx.
Haydee

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/17/2005 10:37:42 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> Is this how we want to proceed?
> 1.  assign another time provider
> 2.  assign another 5.0 to hold the SD key
> 3.  migrate the 5.0 to 6.5
> 4.  after migrating, make it master, time provider, assign the SD key
> again, and make it the CA again?
>
> 5.  then do inplace upgrade on the 6.0 servers?
> 6.  and remove the 5.0 servers.
>
> > ..html  It doesn't have to be the 6.0 CA node.

a) time provider doesn't matter
b) if you already have a replica on the server that is the CA, make
that server the master replica and upgrade it first

> I get confused,, what is the difference between the CA and the one
> holding the SD key?  I thought the CA was the CA because if had the
> SD key....  whatever,

no, the one holding the key allows you to regen your CA, I think

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/18/2005 11:09:13 AM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > Is this how we want to proceed?
> > 1.  assign another time provider
> > 2.  assign another 5.0 to hold the SD key
> > 3.  migrate the 5.0 to 6.5
> > 4.  after migrating, make it master, time provider, assign the SD key
> > again, and make it the CA again?
> >
> > 5.  then do inplace upgrade on the 6.0 servers?
> > 6.  and remove the 5.0 servers.
> >
> > > ..html  It doesn't have to be the 6.0 CA node.
> >

> a) time provider doesn't matter
> b) if you already have a replica on the server that is the CA, make
> that server the master replica and upgrade it first

The cluster node that is the CA is also the master,,, I'm trying to do
the "first" 6.5 upgrade on a non-cluster node,, (sounds too risky doing
the cluster first.)

> > I get confused,, what is the difference between the CA and the one
> > holding the SD key?  I thought the CA was the CA because if had the
> > SD key....  whatever,
> >

> no, the one holding the key allows you to regen your CA, I think
>

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/18/2005 7:33:55 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> The cluster node that is the CA is also the master,,, I'm trying to
> do the "first" 6.5 upgrade on a non-cluster node,, (sounds too risky
> doing the cluster first.)

your choice :)  However, I cannot recommend making one of the 5.0
servers both the master and the CA.  I would take the cluster node that
is the master & CA "offline" from the cluster and do it first
(ULDNCS.NCF) - I am on the bus right now and can't look up the upgrade
guidelines, but I think that if you do the cluster nodes one at a time
it won't change NSS until the last one is done

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/19/2005 1:14:39 PM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > The cluster node that is the CA is also the master,,, I'm trying to
> > do the "first" 6.5 upgrade on a non-cluster node,, (sounds too risky
> > doing the cluster first.)
>

> your choice :)  However, I cannot recommend making one of the 5.0
> servers both the master and the CA.  I would take the cluster node that
> is the master & CA "offline" from the cluster and do it first
> (ULDNCS.NCF) - I am on the bus right now and can't look up the upgrade
> guidelines, but I think that if you do the cluster nodes one at a time
> it won't change NSS until the last one is done

How does it change NSS?

*So, I take both nodes offline (uldncs.ncf).
*Upgrade one, (any post patches?) reboot it, make sure it's in sync with
others.
*Ugrade node two, reboot it, make sure it's in sync.
*Then, reboot both nodes loading cluster (ldncs.ncf) and hope it all
works.

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/20/2005 4:08:14 AM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> How does it change NSS?

NSS has had lots of changes from 5.x to 6.x, all of them good - but
they are changes

just make SURE that you run the deployment manager, it has a cluster
pre-upgrade that needs to run (put the NetWare 6.5 CD in your
workstation CDROM drive and the deployment manager should start
automatically).

Also, download and use the NetWare 6.5 SP4A overlay CD's for the
install.

Again, be SURE to run ALL of the deployment manager steps

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/20/2005 10:46:53 AM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > How does it change NSS?
>

> NSS has had lots of changes from 5.x to 6.x, all of them good - but
> they are changes
>
> just make SURE that you run the deployment manager, it has a cluster
> pre-upgrade that needs to run (put the NetWare 6.5 CD in your
> workstation CDROM drive and the deployment manager should start
> automatically).
>
> Also, download and use the NetWare 6.5 SP4A overlay CD's for the
> install.
>
> Again, be SURE to run ALL of the deployment manager steps

O-K.  After all NW6 servers are upgraded to 6.5, I can then use migration
wizard v6.5 to migrage the NW50sp6a which is running edir rev 85.30 to the
new 6.5 box?
thanx again.
haydee

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/21/2005 4:56:12 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

>  I can then use migration
> wizard v6.5 to migrage the NW50sp6a which is running edir rev 85.30
> to the new 6.5 box?

you should be able to - I think the Deployment Manager will probably do
an edir upgrade of some sort on the box :)

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/22/2005 4:07:40 PM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> >  I can then use migration
> > wizard v6.5 to migrage the NW50sp6a which is running edir rev 85.30
> > to the new 6.5 box?
>

> you should be able to - I think the Deployment Manager will probably do
> an edir upgrade of some sort on the box :)

I saw somewhere that the minimum to upgrade to 6.5 is edir v8.6 or later.
and, edir 8.5 is not supported,, (is 8.5 same as edir 85.30?)

Is minimum only required for first 6.5 in tree?  Once there is a 6.5 in
tree, I can then migrate a 5.0 edir 85.30 server?  Or, is minimum
referring to inplace upgrade and not migration?

please advise.
thanx again.
haydee

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/24/2005 4:19:02 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

>  Or, is minimum
> referring to inplace upgrade and not migration?

http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?page=/documentation/
nw65/install/data/hc75s32n.html

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/26/2005 11:00:08 PM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> >  Or, is minimum
> > referring to inplace upgrade and not migration?
>
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?page=/documentation/
> nw65/install/data/hc75s32n.html
---
above URL
States:
"The server to be upgraded must be running one of the following:
NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6 or later
Upgrading to NetWare 6.5 from NetWare 5.1 Support Pack 6 and eDirectory
version 8.5 is not supported. The minimum eDirectory level required to
upgrade to NetWare 6.5 is eDirectory version 8.6 or later."
---
This is why I'm confused.  After, I do the inplace upgrade to the 6.0
cluster nodes, (I want to migrate a NW50sp6a that runs edir 85.30.
can i do that?)

---
also states:
""Upgrading to NetWare 6.5 from NetWare 5.1 running NDS� version 7 or
later is supported, providing that Deployment Manager is first run to
prepare the network for the new NetWare 6.5 server.
---
is edir 85.30 that is running on the NW50sp6a server consider to be NDS 7
or later and I just run Deployment Mgr before the migration?

thanx, sorry i'm confused.
haydee
0
roblesh
10/27/2005 3:11:33 PM
just to be clear,,
To migrate 50sp6a with edir 85.30 to Netware (6.5) OES I use Migration
Wizard 8.1?
to migrate to NetWare 60sp5 I use Mig Wizard 6.5?
Not Mig Wiz 7.1?  what happenned to 7.1? does not exist?

thanx for your patience.
Haydee

> > roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
> >
> > >  Or, is minimum
> > > referring to inplace upgrade and not migration?
> >
> > http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?
page=/documentation/
> > nw65/install/data/hc75s32n.html
> ---
> above URL
> States:
> "The server to be upgraded must be running one of the following:
> NetWare 5.1 server with Support Pack 6 or later
> Upgrading to NetWare 6.5 from NetWare 5.1 Support Pack 6 and eDirectory
> version 8.5 is not supported. The minimum eDirectory level required to
> upgrade to NetWare 6.5 is eDirectory version 8.6 or later."
> ---
> This is why I'm confused.  After, I do the inplace upgrade to the 6.0
> cluster nodes, (I want to migrate a NW50sp6a that runs edir 85.30.
> can i do that?)
>
> ---
> also states:
> ""Upgrading to NetWare 6.5 from NetWare 5.1 running NDS� version 7 or
> later is supported, providing that Deployment Manager is first run to
> prepare the network for the new NetWare 6.5 server.
> ---
> is edir 85.30 that is running on the NW50sp6a server consider to be NDS
7
> or later and I just run Deployment Mgr before the migration?
>
> thanx, sorry i'm confused.
> haydee

0
roblesh
10/27/2005 10:51:41 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> (I want to migrate a NW50sp6a that runs edir 85.30.
> can i do that?)

I think you can with the mig wiz, but not in-place.  If you want to do
an in-place upgrade, you have to upgrade to NW 5.1 first.  The reason
you are confused is that you are mixing up your netware versions - you
have netware 5.0 and these docs are all talking about netware 5.1

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/28/2005 12:31:04 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> Not Mig Wiz 7.1?  what happenned to 7.1? does not exist?

there used to be one, but it went away.  supposedly, the SCMT tool that
you can download from Novell has all of the functionality you need -
but you can still get the mig wiz 6.5 from some sites

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/28/2005 12:31:04 PM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > Not Mig Wiz 7.1?  what happenned to 7.1? does not exist?
>
> there used to be one, but it went away.  supposedly, the SCMT tool that
> you can download from Novell has all of the functionality you need -
> but you can still get the mig wiz 6.5 from some sites

MigWz 8.1 states:
"The following NetWare configurations have been tested as destination
servers with NetWare Migration Wizard 8.1:
Open Enterprise Server for NetWare FCS or later"

?MW60 is not listed as destination server,, can I still use 8.1 to migrate
50sp6a to a 60sp5 server box?
I rather use 8.1 if i could.

thanx again.
haydee

> --
> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/28/2005 5:28:58 PM
> roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:
>
> > (I want to migrate a NW50sp6a that runs edir 85.30.
> > can i do that?)
>
> I think you can with the mig wiz, but not in-place.  If you want to do
> an in-place upgrade, you have to upgrade to NW 5.1 first.  The reason
> you are confused is that you are mixing up your netware versions - you
> have netware 5.0 and these docs are all talking about netware 5.1

can I use migw 8.1 to migrate nw50sp6a to a nw6sp5 box?

thanx.
haydee

> Joe Moore
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> http://just.fdisk-it.com
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
> http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html

0
roblesh
10/28/2005 5:32:00 PM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> can I still use 8.1 to migrate
> 50sp6a to a 60sp5 server box?

I dont' know - I don't know what is supported with 50sp6a

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph
10/31/2005 2:48:10 AM
roblesh@ba.ars.usda.gov wrote:

> can I use migw 8.1 to migrate nw50sp6a to a nw6sp5 box?

I don't know - I would post that as a new question

--
Joe Moore
Novell Support Forums SysOp
http://just.fdisk-it.com
http://www.caledonia.net/jmdns.html
http://www.caledonia.net/nesadmin.html
http://www.caledonia.net/jmttb.html
0
Joseph

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

Netware 5.1 to 6.0 upgrade with zen 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this scenario? We have 3 Netware 5.1 sp6 one with zenworks 3.0. We are going to upgrade all servers to Netware 6.0sp5 and zen 4.0. What should be done first....netware or zen upgrade? Any input on the sp's of either? Do all servers have to be at the same netware version? IE. can I upgrade just the zen server to netware 6.0 and leave the master at 5.1? Any guidance would be great! Thanks, Alex Miller On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:58:34 +0000, Alex Miller wrote: > What should be done first....netware or ze...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

Upgrading 4.0 to 5.0 then 6.0 or go straight to 6.0
Hi All, I think the subject speaks for itself Thanks in advance Mustafa You should have no trouble going straight to 6 from 4. Once you do this, go back and get rid of the obsolete function calls. -- Regards, Millard[TeamPowersoft] -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mf3@gatesys.com Co-Author of PowerBuilder 5.0: Object Oriented Design and Development McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-024469-3 Co-Author of PFC Professional Reference (Block, Brown, Gasin, Green & Tauber) McGraw-Hill, 0-07-913267-7 -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Hello, I have a netware 5.0 (no sp) with ds 7.45 on a Compaq Proliant 3000. This server is alone on my tree. I want migrate this server to Netware 6.5 to a Compaq dl 380 G2. What is the best method ? Thanks for answer Fran�ois-Xavier Derveloy France You will need to deploy updates on the 5.0 server prior to running the Migration Wizard. No SP's at all on the 5.0 server? That is rare indeed. Also, how many users on this server and how much data? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Hello, config.txt give this : Novell NetWare 5.00...

Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5 upgrade?
I have two servers running Netware 5.0 and one server running Netware 5.1 My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to Netware 6.5 using the migration wizard on one server and have the other servers remain on the network communicating with each other. (i.e. have a 5.0 server co-exist with a nw 6.5 server with no issues with edir/nds?) Or do I have to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 then to 6.5? If doing this, will the 5.0 license work for 5.1? As it will be impossible to upgrade all servers from 5.0 to 5.1 at the same time! Thanks John, > My question is, can I upgrade from 5.0 to...

Upgrade from Netware 6.0 to Netware 6.5
I am going to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5. I have link to go to download a 21KB zip file. Is that all that I need to do the upgrade or is there something else that I have to get? Do I just burn these files to a CD and run it, to perform the upgrade? Any help would be good. Thanks Jason Roggentien Ah -- no -- it is quite a bit more complicated than that. 1) Do you have a license for 6.5? 2) What service pack do you have installed on the 6.0 server? 3) Is the intent to do this as an in place upgrade? -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop > Ah -- ...

Upgrade Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5
Can one tell me how to upgrade a Netware 5.0 Single Server to a Netware 6.5 Singele Server where the Netware 6.5 Server will be on a new Machine. What are the specials one has to look after? Thak you You should look into Migration Wizard to ease this process. Migration Wizard can be downloaded from http://download.novell.com -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) Having used Migration Wizard 7.1 to migrate 5.0 to 6.5 I cannot recommend that route. I have seen others in these forums have the same problems I saw. A stepped migra...

In-place upgrade 6.0.5 to 6.5.6 using overlay
Hi It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the CD. I checked and it is the OS CD in the drive. Any thoughts? I believe the in place upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 is launched from the GUI on the server. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Will K wrote: >It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am >trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the >CD. I checked and it is the OS ...

NW 6.0.5 to 6.5.5 in-place upgrade abend
Hi all, We're finally upgrading NetWare on our GW 6.5.7 server from 6.0.5 to 6.5.5 using the overlay CD. However, during the upgrade, it seems at the point of the health check, I get a Page fault abend running process Java_### Thread-2 Process. Further, "The CPU encountered a problem executing code in LIBC.NLM. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by Java". Any ideas? Thanks as always. Len Bonk Network Analyst Community Unit School District 200 Update - Tried sp6 as well with the same result. Here's t...

Netware 6.0.5 Inplace upgrade to Netware6.5.5
This is a GroupWise 7.0.1 server, DNS/DHCP, NDPS print server. What do I need to look out for on this upgrade. Will the DNS/DHCP run after the upgrade and use the old DNSDHCP snapin along with iManage. Same server or across the wire? -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop Also do you have GW WebAccess running on this server? -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Forum Sysop Timothy Leerhoff wrote: > Also do you have GW WebAccess running on this server? > Yes WebAccess is running no this server, and it is the same server. ...

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

Web resources about - 5.0 & 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade - novell.netware.install-upgrade

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...