NW65 DNS as public DNS Server?

We have 2 NW6 servers that provide DNS for our ISP that host web, email
and several other services.  The servers perform well in our enviroment.

I want to upgrade the servers to NW65 but I wanted some input first
before we made the change.

1.  Is anyone using NW65 DNS for public DNS in a fairly heavily loaded
enviroment?
2.  If so, how is the reliability and performance?
3.  Any significant changes I should know about?

When we first installed the NW6 DNS Servers we had a not of problems that
took a great deal of time and effort to get resolved due to a bad ver of
named.nlm. I want to make sure we dont have a repeat.

Thanks,

Todd
0
todd
6/28/2004 9:18:14 AM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I haven't used NW6.5 DNS, but I recall that with an older version (NW5.1,
maybe 6) I couldn't block zone transfers.  I'd check that that's fixed in
6.5.

Lee.

<todd@smart-mail.net> wrote in message
> We have 2 NW6 servers that provide DNS for our ISP that host web, email
> and several other services.  The servers perform well in our enviroment.
>
> I want to upgrade the servers to NW65 but I wanted some input first
> before we made the change.
>
> 1.  Is anyone using NW65 DNS for public DNS in a fairly heavily loaded
> enviroment?
> 2.  If so, how is the reliability and performance?
> 3.  Any significant changes I should know about?
>
> When we first installed the NW6 DNS Servers we had a not of problems that
> took a great deal of time and effort to get resolved due to a bad ver of
> named.nlm. I want to make sure we dont have a repeat.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd

0
Lee
6/28/2004 4:38:35 PM
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____

it is definitely in 6.5, 6.5 is fully BIND 9 Compliant.