Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses

I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the
internal network.  If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the
old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for
DHCP to hand out?  Also, is there a way to just edit the present
addresses?  We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the
addreses.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

PLW
0
pwbookkeeping
3/24/2004 10:25:46 PM
novell.netware.dns-dhcp 3183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the
> old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for
> DHCP to hand out?

The quick answer is that you need to create the new and delete the old.

Part of the long answer depends on what you really mean... do you want to
create a new Subnet, Subnet Address Range, or just IP addresses within an
existing SAR?  Feel free to post existing and future IP address and subnet
mask info, as that will be most helpful to know.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
3/24/2004 11:25:51 PM
> In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the
> > old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses
for
> > DHCP to hand out?
> >
> The quick answer is that you need to create the new and delete the
old.

> Part of the long answer depends on what you really mean... do you want
> create a new Subnet, Subnet Address Range, or just IP addresses within
an
> existing SAR?  Feel free to post existing and future IP address and
subnet
> mask info, as that will be most helpful to know.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
pwbookkeeping
3/25/2004 4:01:25 AM
If you intended to add to the discussion, your comments got lost.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad
3/25/2004 2:27:34 PM
I appologize I am still new to these forums.  The client has live public
IP's in the 206.*.*.* range and we are changing to private IP's in the
192.*.*.* range and adding new subnets and subnet ranges. The client has
two subnets setup now one for the local office network and one small
subnet for a dialin remote connection.  I am setting up NAT on the BM
server and the DHCP is already setup on the Network server.  I am sort of
new to Netware 5.* and am learning as I go.  I do have one address in the
old subnet that is used for a network printer and i am hoping to keep
this so we do not have to reset all of the stations.  Would keeping the
old ranges confuse the DHCP server into not handing out the correct
IP's?  Of course all this entails changing the default gateway's and
routes.  We are switching to a T1 line (if this goes well) within the
next two weeks.

Thanks again for your help and advice.
PLW

> If you intended to add to the discussion, your comments got lost.
>
> bd
> NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
pwbookkeeping
3/25/2004 2:49:02 PM
In article <yjC8c.9082$jb5.6777@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> DHCP is already setup on the Network server.

So you don't need any assistance there?

> I do have one address in the
> old subnet that is used for a network printer and i am hoping to keep
> this so we do not have to reset all of the stations.

You'll probably do better to change all the workstations.  This might be
doable via a regedit import if you can figure out what to change.  In
any event, to keep the old address would require that you maintain a
router to from the new to the old subnet -- seems a bit overkill for one
machine.  As for DHCP, if the printer's address is static it's not a
concern.  Also, once you switch from one DHCP subnet to the other, it
shouldn't matter, as long as the printer doesn't need to renew its old
address.

bd
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Brad

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

How to force MTA to use cluster ip address rather than physical ip address
Hi, Is there a way to force the MTA to use the virtual ip address for outbound connection. We run GW 6.5 SP2 in cluster with 6 nodes. We want to add an external Domain who have to go through a firewall. We added a rule to let the virtual ip address of the MTA to pass but we see that the MTA are using the physical ip address of the server so if the resource migrate, MTA will use an other address and my rule will not work anymore until I add the 6 physical ip address of each node, thing I don't want to do. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances It should...

Query: DHCP Server and leased IP addresses / MS Private IP
All, This is a quick query to really find out if anyone else has heard, discovered, or done things differently with their setup. The way our network works is that we have a DHCP server assigning all the computers in SurreyCC a 10.*.*.* address. All works perfectly fine, however there is the odd occasion where the DHCP server crashes over the weekend or overnight, and users coming back in the next day will gain the Microsoft Privatly Assigned IP address rather than using the DHCP assigned IP address (if it is still within its lease). Microsoft has an article about this here...

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

HOW DO I CHANGE IP addresses and gateway addresses...
Hi all. Not sure where I should have posted this but I thought admin tools would be cool. I have a Server w/two NIC cards in it (some of you know this one already!). I need to change IP address and gateway on one fo them. I also need to build a static route. I've never done ANY of this (changing IP's and gateways on NOVELL server) and am not having any luck finding exactly what I need. Appriciate all the fantastic help i've been getting from all of you! Thanks. On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:08:16 GMT, mark@ctcommunications.com wrote: >Hi all. Not sure where I s...

web address changing to ip address
hi all i have a dedicated server.i hosted all files in to dedicated server ...all my web files is working properly.... when i access my web through dedicated server ip address,the web is working fine... when i access my web through web address ,the browser web address is changing to dedicated ip address for eg:my dedicated server ip address is 1.2.3.4 my web address in the dedicated server is www.test.com when i access my web through http://1.2.3.4  web is coming and the web address is  http://1.2.3.4 when i access my web through  http://www.test.com ,web is com...

HOWTO
I am preparing a plan to deploy NDPS printers, and as part of this plan we need to create static IP addresses for the printers. What I would like to do ideally is to turn the printer on, let it obtain an address, and then mark it as permanent. However, my system administrator wants to restrict printers to a range of 10.2.5.x. Using the management console, I can't see any option for marking an address as permanent, or for taking an already assigned address and changing it to a different one. I can see how to create a manual address, and that is probably the option that we will ne...

How to get IP address using Email Address
Hi, I want to know that how can i get actual IP address of a person who is using the email address like gmail, yahoo, msn, etc. If user enter the email address of the any person, it should return the actual IP Address of that person computer which is he connect. Is this possible? Any reference will be apperciated. Guide me............  This is not possible because email address is not related with IP address, Domain names are Mohamed Abb@s------------------------Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post(s) which helps you ! Threre's no correlation between IP...

How to get private ip address (intranet IP)
I found some webs at thailand taht can trace both the internet ip and the private ip address, (if user using intranet), of user who are interacting with web site. For Asp.NET . Are there some way to get a private ip address of user ? The link to web site that can traces private ip address http://www.pantip.com/tech/developer/topic/DN1701518/DN1701518.html ...

What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned
Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip addresses bound to the network card. if I am going to use a client on another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to? Regards, Andy Pick one! Then when you configure the db server us it: -x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx} -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStart '99 Ent...

Changing DNS IP Addresses
Where in the bordermanager application can you make changes to DNS information? Running version 3.7. hi, in inetcfg, protocols, TCP/IP, dns resolver configuration. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop Or directly in Sys:Etc/Resolv.cfg (if not using InetCfg.nlm to manage your network configuration). -Sandy Caterina Luppi wrote: > hi, > > in inetcfg, protocols, TCP/IP, dns resolver configuration. > correct, but I've never seen a BM server working properly without using inetcfg for its networking configuration. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop Mine's w...

Access restriction using ip address or MAC address
Here is my Problem.                  I would like to restric users access to my application if their IP address or MAC address is not a register on my database, I have already handle the database part but what i need to know is how to check the ip address and MAC address of client computers for incoming connection to my application server. Second question, is it a good idea to restric using ip address although i have another layer of Authentication and authorization process in place? Can IP address&n...

Change IP Address-Address Book Certificate Error
We recently changed the IP address of the server running GroupWise WebAccess. Now when a message is composed and the address book is selected an error message shows indicating that the certificate is invalid and shows the old IP address of the server. Assistance appreciated. Thanks Jamie There are a lot of places that use that IP address, including the webserver. If it were me, I wouldn't have changed the IP address, or I would have added a secondary IP address. But, hindsight is 20/20, right? If you can't go back to the old IP address or if you can't add th...

DHCP assigning the same IP Address to Mutiple Mac Addresses
Is it possible in DHCP to assign the same IP Address to multiple Mac Addresses, ie. a laptop docked using the docking station NIC and a laptop undocked using the built-in NIC I have an application that checks security based on the IP-address that is assigned to the user. thanks, Chris Chris, AFAIK this isn�t possible. You have to add two different manual assignments to the nics. Joerg Joerg is correct, although you may be able to use a MAC Address override so that the machine has the same MAC address regardless of how it is connected. Check your OS d...

Web resources about - Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses - novell.netware.dns-dhcp

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

New Beta Version Of Facebook For Android Addresses Several Bugs
Facebook announced the release of an updated Facebook for Android beta version 3.5 in a post in the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group. ...

The Rewards and Risks of Facebook Developer Access to User Phone Numbers and Addresses
Facebook has begun allowing developers to ask users for their mobile phone number and home addresses in a move that will show the best and worst ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

[Jailbreak Advice] Merge - Unify iMessages From The Same Contact But Different Addresses - YouTube
Merge is available for $1.49 in the ModMyi Repo. Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.fa ...

Skype for iOS updated with data detectors for phone numbers, addresses, and more
Skype updated its iOS client today with support for several different data detectors in text chats. Now whenever someone sends you a phone number, ...

Amid Protests On Campus, Yale Law Journal Addresses Its Own Diversity Challenges
By openly and directly confronting their diversity challenges, the Journal hopes to spark the difficult reflection and dialogue necessary for ...

President Obama Addresses Veterans - Al Jazeera America
On Veterans Day, the president discusses the need to continue honoring those who served by safeguarding them

Microsoft’s new Windows 10 privacy policy addresses some of our biggest concerns
Although the furor has subsided in the months since the launch of Windows 10 , PC owners still have plenty of valid concerns about how Microsoft ...