Secure FTP server for NetWare (NLM or JAVA based)

Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is
great,
but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if i
can.

thanks,
chip

0
cdicomo
7/2/2003 4:03:02 PM
novell.netware.6x.storage 4914 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Netware 6.5 has one that is part of openssh I couldn't find any
binaries
for it but it looks like one is on its way. A search through the
documentation for netware 6.5 will tell you some of its features
however
it seems useless for nw6 right now.

if any one else reads will there be a binary that will work with nw6?
JH

> Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is
great,
> but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if
can.

> thanks,
> chip

0
jholl
7/2/2003 5:05:00 PM
There are a java secureftp wrapper, this turn any ftp server in a
secure ftp
server, is a java based application.

Check at www.glub.com

cdicomo@us.hellmann.net wrote:

> Does anyone know if such a beast exists.....the base ftp server is
great,
> but i need an sftp version and would like to also run on netware if
i can.

> thanks,
> chip

0
Damian

Securing a NetWare 6.5 FTP server....
Hello all.... I have a NetWare 6.5 SP5 FTP server and I am looking into securing the downloads to it. My goals are two-fold: 1. I would like to make it as secure as possible. 2. I would like to make it as easy as possible on my existing users of this FTP server without compromising goal #1. How do I do this? (And, please, speak slowly and assume that I know nothing about setting up an FTP server because I actually know next to nothing. Detailed instructions are encouraged and would be greatly appreciated.) Thanks in advance. Delon E. Weuve Senior Network Engineer ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5. I am rebuilding one of the servers. I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it Netware 6.5 SP3. I have iPrint running on the server that I am rebuilding. I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I am going to have. Is there a way that I can do that? Thanks Jason Roggentien There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc. The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager. The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, et...

FTP from a Netware server?
I have been asked, can a Netware (6.5 SP2) server ftp a file to an ftp server using cron or some other scheduler? If so, how is it done? Thanks Check out http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1557.html . You could also write a small Perl script that uses net:ftp or the netware specific UCS components. There's plenty of examples if you do a google search. - Jim <mfisher@charlestoncounty.org> wrote in message news:yS8ae.5818$Kb2.1706@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I have been asked, can a Netware (6.5 SP2) server ftp a file to an...

Netware 6.5 server abends Page Fault Processor Exception APACHE2.NLM NDPS.NLM or TCPIP.NLM
Netware 6.5 SP1a already applied. Latest ABEND.LOG as posted.. NLMs where the ABEND occurs are: APACHE2.NLM NDPS.NLM TCPIP.NLM Can it be hardware? Anyone has an Idea? Server XXXXXX halted Tuesday, March 30, 2004 1:07:50.324 pm Abend 1 on P01: Server-5.70.01: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060 DS = 007B ES = 007B FS = 007B GS = 007B SS = 0068 EAX = 981BFD60 EBX = 979A4480 ECX = 979DF1A0 EDX = 0007E0BC ESI = 979DF1A0 EDI = 0007FFFF EBP = 1A3FFFFF ESP = 979E4F64 EIP = 0032664C FLAGS = 00010206 0032664C 8BA894020000 ...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

NetWare 5.1 SP3 server no longer able to ping NetWare 5.1 SP8 server
I'm hoping someone can help me rather quickly. We upgraded on our master NetWare 5.1 server from SP3 to SP8 on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, one of our other NetWare 5.1 SP3 servers just stopped time syncing with it on Saturday. We desperately need to get it talking again because of Groupwise, etc. I was wondering if upgrading it to SP8 would resolve the problem. Unfortunately, our time sync isn't working, and I'm afraid of trying SP8. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:03:22 GMT, eberlyd@bbsol.us wrote: >I'm hoping so...

Consolidate 2 x Netware v5.1 servers (500gb total) to a single Netware v6.5 server
--____NQOYCJNRIBRQSEARRGXL____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 2 Mar 2007 22:23:22 +0900" Looking for suggestions for the best (quickest etc) way to get 500Gb of = data from 2 x Netware v5.1 SP6 servers to a single Netware v6.5 server = (same tree). There are Netware v6.0 SP5 servers in the tree also eDir is at v 8.6.2 or better throughout tree. Each of the Netware v5.1 servers has Arcserve v7 and a LTO tape drive. The Netware v5.1 server volumes are Trad...

Netware 6.5 Apache2.nlm/Clib.nlm Abends Server and Cannot isolate
I'll post some data here: System Info/Profile Debug info/Thread information Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 3 - CPR Release Server Version 5.70.03, May 23, 2005 - Server Up Time: 0:10:14:08 Profile/Debug Info Execution Profile Data by Thread Thread Name Thread ID Thread State Parent NLM Execution Time Apache_Worker 20 476D65E0 Suspended by Abend Recovery APACHE2.NLM 0.0 % Apache_Worker 18 476B2560 Suspended by Abend Recovery APACHE2.NLM 0.0 % Apache_Worker 3 475A2160 Suspended by Abend Recovery APACHE2.NLM 0.0 % Apache_Worker 2 46B24180 Suspended by Abend Recovery ...

Netware 6 Server in a Netware 5.1 Environment
I need to upgrade a server running Netware 5.1 to Netware 6 for compatibility reasons. We are not ready to make the jump to 6 yet Network wide. Will installing a Netware 6 server into a Netware 5.1 Tree/Environment cause the tree to have problems? I would say no. I have done this once and I did not have any problem but I did get my eDir all on the same version. Also Novell is really pushing the "No RIP and Replace" stuff which means they really want people to just drop in Netware 6 and start using it right along 5.x without making changes/upgrades until...

Web resources about - Secure FTP server for NetWare (NLM or JAVA based) - novell.netware.6x.storage

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ