Excel files locked after Excel crash

After Excel crashed a file that is used by several people, stored on
the shared volume of the department, it will only  open in read-only.
Trying to change or delete it gets Sharing Violation error.  We can
save to another name/location but now can not get rid of old file.  In
the past the only way to clear this was when the server was rebooted.
How do we clear the sharing violation with out rebooting the server?
We have NSS ona NW 6 server with latest updates.

0
Bertram
12/3/2003 4:58:44 PM
novell.netware.6x.storage 4914 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Bertram,

Using NRM you can selectively unlock the file. Goto https://<server ip
address>:8009, Volumes, drill down through the volume to the file,
click on the info icon to the left of the file name, scroll to the
bottom of the screen, there is an option to disconnect individual
users from the file.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://speirs.mine.nu

(No email unless requested please)

0
Hamish

Excel experts : Filling an complex Excel file and parsing a complex Excel file
I am stuck with below mentioned problem The requirement is that, we have Excel file template(.xls) which has Macros and most of the Worksheets are either hidden OR locked. When the end user clicks on a button to download it, follows modifications has to be done to the Excel sheet. Unlock the Excel worksheet, fill some data at certain cells and then lock it back Write some data into a hidden worksheet There are two options as far as I know Excel Interop/MICROSOFT Excel 11.0 Object Library  OLEDB Driver I cannot go with option 1 becaus...

How to copy data from one excel file to other excel file
Hi I have two excel file (Ex1 and Ex2), both have same template (headers) and data will be populated from the dataset. Upto this step its works fine. My question : How to copy the data  form 6th row to last row of "Ex2" and paste it into the "Ex1" after the last row in Ex1.   Advance thanks Have a look here: For VB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306022 For C# - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306023/ -Damien  Visoft, Inc - Home | Blogs Latest Blog Post: ASP.NET 4.0 AJAX Preview 4 - Client Templates...

Create Excel file from asp.net use of excel object, download excel from client
Hi, Im creating excel using of excel object, but there a problem. I download excel file from client, but excel generate and show on the server.                GC.Collect()                Dim excelApp As New Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass()                Dim objExcel As ApplicationClass           &...

How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file
How to convert the html content in Excel file to csv fomat in Excel file  Hello Tapan,Can you explain what are you trying to do? Do you want to export the html content in Excel or CSV File ?Thanks,Deepesh Verma Dont forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you.This credits that member, earns you a point and mark your thread as Resolved for the sake of Future Readers....

How to copy one existing excel file contents to a new excel file?
Hi All,    I need VB code to copy sheet contents of one exisiting excel file to another new excel file.   For example: I have abc.xls file with sheet name abcd.   I want to copy the contents to xyz sheet of new excel file xyz.xls. Pls help me regarding this. Regards Abdul      Pls help me.        Which version of Excel are you using? The latest uses an XML format which can be manipulated programatically. Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits that member, ear...

Got error after open excel file from server..During Export Excel File
this error appears if you have tried to save a workbook on a drive and you do not have Modify and Delete permissions to the location where the file is being saved. It is also possible that another user has a read lock on the file.Excel saves a file using three steps (if the file already exists in the target location):Creates a temporary file with a randomly generated name, such as 4CCA4100.Deletes the original file.Renames the temporary file to the original file name.If Excel cannot delete the original file or cannot rename the temporary file, this error message appears.To temporarily work a...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

lock excel file
My asp.net page is fetching data from the database and creating an excel file and writing that data into the excel file. However I want that this excel file should not editable after the asp.net application creates it. Anyone has any idea.  Thanks.   I have the same situation and was also looking for the solution, But i didn't get any. So if you found any solution please post here, Thanks!!  You can set it to be read-only:  System.IO.FileInfo fi = new System.IO.FileInfo(@"C:\MyTestFiles\blah.xls"); fi.IsReadOnl...

User will upload excel file, then ASP.NET read that Excel content. Finally, all excel content comes into the table.
Hi, I'm thinking of special features as follow, 1. Let's say i've Student Management System. This system storing Student Details such Name, Gender, Street Address, Poscode, City and State. Student DetailsNme         | Gender    | Street Address           | Poscode   | City          | State--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------James...

DataGrid Exporting to Excel loosing zero in the Excel file
Okay this is kinda strange but here it is: I am exporting the data from the datagrid to the excel file. The datagrid has a column PersonID when is the nine digit number like this: PersonID 123456789 343422345 098989876 Now this all gets exported to Excel file with one problem. see the last row 098989876 when this is written in excel file it is written as 98989876 (the leading zero is lost). The PersonID is a string column. Is there any way that I can get that zero in the excel file. In other words datagrid is exported as it is without loosing any number, Thanks, High...

Export To Excel Excel
Do we have any facility to export grid data in Excel with using Report Tool. Just a question, Will Response.contenet Type will work here Thanks, private void btnExportToExcel_Click(object sender,System.EventArgs e) { ExportToExcel("Report.xls",DataGrid1); } private void ExportToExcel(string strFileName,DataGrid dg) { Response.Clear(); Response.Buffer = true; Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"; Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;filename=" + strFileName); Response.Charset = ""; this.EnableVi...

Export to Excel at Define co-ordinate in Excel file
I need help to Export Data from DataGrid (DataSet) to Excel  at  define column,exactly co-ordinate in Excel (example 1A, 2E .v.v...). Thank you for reading....

Excellent, truly excellent.
Name: Samus Man Email: samusman0_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: Excellent, truly excellent. Comments: The only thing I would like to see in this would be for scroll bars to look correct. (Such as how many sites have scroll bars that match their color scheme in Opera and other browsers.) Also, the text field I am entering this text in seems to go out past the bounds of the box a by about 20-30 pixels. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Urgent help to creat an excel file in excel viewer
Sir, I trying to save the file as excel . But some of the users have excel viewer instead of excel application. In such cases the following syntax is not working and they cannot create excel file. So please help me with solution lbl_excel = true lole_excel = CREATE OLEObject li_rtn = lole_excel.ConnectToNewObject("excel.application") IF li_rtn <> 0 THEN MessageBox( "Error", 'Error running MS Excel application.') lbl_excel = false DESTROY lole_Excel RETURN -1 END IF li_excel = lds_excel.SaveAs(is_filename, Excel5!, true) if...

Web resources about - Excel files locked after Excel crash - novell.netware.6x.storage

Locked-in syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Locked-in syndrome , or LIS for short, is a condition in which a patient is aware and awake but cannot move or communicate verbally due to complete ...

Facebook Menlo Park HQ Locked Down After Threat
It was a scary hour-and-a-half or so at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park , Calif., Tuesday night, as the San Jose Mercury News reported ...

Life Locked (@Life_Locked) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Life Locked @ Life_Locked ...

room escape LOCKED ROOM2 on the App Store on iTunes
Get room escape LOCKED ROOM2 on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

locked up - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore mournjargon's photos on Flickr. mournjargon has uploaded 1408 photos to Flickr.

Dogfight - Locked Greek Mirage Crash Over Aegean Sea - YouTube
This is a video captured from a tv documentary. Incident took place at the beginning of 90s, it was a Greek mirage, and it crashed to aegean ...

Man locked out of his house by his former wife, Abu Dhabi court told
A man's ex-wife broke into his house and changed the locks to prevent him from entering, a court heard yesterday.

Newtown Court locked down after alleged Camperdown killer 'tries to flee'
The man accused of a stabbing murder in Sydney&rsquo;s inner west last night has allegedly tried to escape from Newtown Local Court.

Father of snatched girl says he was locked up
The father of a girl snatched in Egypt by her Victorian mother after a custody dispute has alleged he had been kept locked up on a yacht off ...

Neighbours say they never saw 8-year-old boy allegedly locked in shed
NEIGHBOURS of a family accused of keeping an eight-year-old boy locked in a tiny room within a farm shed have told how they rarely saw the child ...